Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: SNF 'Game On' Lawsuit

Concert Stars

SNF 'Game On' Lawsuit

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my day was just ruined by seeing this. -_-

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1141399709787066368

Carrie Underwood is accused of being a "Sunday Night Football" theme song-stealer -- another singer claims Carrie straight jacked her hit, "Game On" ... and used it without permission.
    The woman behind the suit is Heidi Merrill -- a singer who had success with the sports-themed song "Cornhusker Strong" back in 2015.
    Merrill says she wanted to ride the wave and make more sports-themed music so she came up with the song, "Game On," in 2016 and posted it to YouTube in March 2017.

In her suit, Merrill says she met Carrie Underwood's producer, Mark Bright, at an event in Nashville in August 2017 and asked if Carrie would be looking to create a new song for the 2018 NFL "Sunday Night Football" show open.
    Merrill says she submitted the song to Bright -- but was eventually told Carrie's camp passed on using "Game On."
    Fast forward to Sept. 2018 ... Merrill says she was shocked to see Underwood and NBC promoting a secret new theme song for 'SNF' ... which ended up being called, "Game On."

Merrill says Carrie's version is "substantially -- even strikingly -- similar, if not identical" to her own song ... and she's pissed!
    She's now suing Carrie, Mark Bright, NBC, the NFL and more for copyright infringement -- but she has not listed an amount she's looking for.
    We reached out to Carrie's camp for comment -- so far, no word back. No comment from the NFL either.

Concert Stars
    To me, they both only use the same title. People can have songs in the same vein and about the same thing, that doesn't make it a copy. *eyeroll*

Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    To me, they both only use the same title. People can have songs in the same vein and about the same thing, that doesn't make it a copy. *eyeroll*
    I know, right?
    CU4ever likes this.

Anyone find her version on youtube to compare?

Concert Stars
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    To me they are not anything alike and she knows it
    mbh, rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    Anyone find her version on youtube to compare?
    It's on the link. Only thing similar is the badly sung name

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    And hasn't it been awhile since Mark Bright was her producer? All this is is someone trying to get their name in the news!!!!
    CU4ever, rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

Yup sounds like this chick just wants to get her name out there. The only thing similiar is the title which sorry to break it to ya lady...you didnt make up the phrase "Game on"

NEXT.
    CU4ever, MSCarriefan, mbh and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    Yup sounds like this chick just wants to get her name out there. The only thing similiar is the title which sorry to break it to ya lady...you didnt make up the phrase "Game on"

NEXT.
    EXACTLY! Literally the only similar thing is the name! Lots of songs can be about the same thing, and use a phrase. She just wants her name out there. And by her logic, I guess every new Christmas song is a ripoff, since you know, they're all about the same holiday.
    jaymiee and mbh like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    why worry ? just another frivolous lawsuit. Just like the one against SITW and Remind Me.
    People do this all the time in hopes of scoring some money.
    mbh, AdamJ, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    And hasn't it been awhile since Mark Bright was her producer? All this is is someone trying to get their name in the news!!!!
    I thought I read somewhere he helped the girls rehearse the medley section of the tour?
    txacar, rainbow1 and _luvqry like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ no it's not.SITW was two guys from Canada
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Oh^^ someone on twitter said it was

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    One of the nurses read about this on line and showed me the article. Bullcrap-----The songs are nothing alike except the title. Sounds like this girl is a singer/writer wantabe and is suing Carrie to get her name out there and draw attention and hits on her songs. I hope she knows that she will probably never make it in country music now, lose the suit and pay a lot of money to an attorney. Some people will go to any lengths to get attention. The girls at the hospital said "of all the people to sue---Carrie is the least likely because she is so honest and if she wanted the song she would have paid for it". Definitely not steal it. Carrie has penned a lot of the lyrics in her songs but gives the other songwriters credit also.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Oh^^ someone on twitter said it was
    Yeah I saw that but Twitter it highly unreliable. Donna is right the SITW suit was from different people. I’m not sure if that was dismissed or is still winding through the courts. Both suits hinge on the same thing, that Mark Bright was pitched a song which Carrie later came out with a song on the same name. There’s no evidence that Carrie ever heard either song. To me both cases are pretty flimsy since the only similarity is the title which are both based on commonly used phrases. It’s par for the course in songwriting. That’s why they have lawyers on retainer.

New Carrie Fan
    The SITW suit was dismissed... Just like this one will be... It’s a desperate move designed to get a quick settlement... The only winners are the Lawyers on both sides..
    rainbow1 and CU4ever like this.

Concert Stars
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugarcandyman View Post
    I thought I read somewhere he helped the girls rehearse the medley section of the tour?
    (Re Mark Bright). He produced her first 2 Sunday Night Football songs then, last year, co-produced Game On with Chris DeStephano.

Did Mark Bright produce all her albums before Cry Pretty? Or just Some Hearts? Maybe he is a bad guy and that's why Carrie didnt want to work with him anymore..?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast