Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By sco
  • 2 Post By sco

Thread: Hottest Women of Country

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan

Hottest Women of Country

https://tasteofcountry.com/hottest-country-women-2019/

This article is a mixed bag. On one hand they have Carrie number one. On the other hand nearly 15 years into an incredible career and a work effort second to none and she’s still fighting the ‘she was handed her career’ garbage. I really want to call them on their BS but I’ll refrain and focus on the positive.
    mbh, Smokyiiis, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

I can see how people say she was handed her career in the beginning...but clearly she has proven time and time again she deserves this, is extremely talented, and works her @ss off. EOTY long overdue

Insane Carrie Fan
    I didn't take it to mean that she had her career handed to her. I took it to mean she was so huge earlier in her career, that of course was handed the title of Queen or hottest women or whatever.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    I can see how people say she was handed her career in the beginning...but clearly she has proven time and time again she deserves this, is extremely talented, and works her @ss off. EOTY long overdue
    I definitely agree with most or your points. I apologize if I seem overly defensive but I don’t agree with the argument that she was ever ‘handed’ anything even in the beginning. She took advantage of an opportunity that was available to anyone willing to make the drive and put themselves out there. If anything her path was more democratic than any number of artists that had connections to get them in the door.

I think the reason she sometimes doesn’t get the recognition she deserves is the perception, even 15 years and a ridiculous list of accomplishments in, that she was given something she didn’t earn. It’s a pet peeve because it’s so unfair.

I’m sorry to be ranting a little. Let’s hope they are right and she will finally get the EOTY recognition she has earned.
    rainbow1 and liz278 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    https://tasteofcountry.com/hottest-country-women-2019/

This article is a mixed bag. On one hand they have Carrie number one. On the other hand nearly 15 years into an incredible career and a work effort second to none and she’s still fighting the ‘she was handed her career’ garbage. I really want to call them on their BS but I’ll refrain and focus on the positive.
    I agree.Carrie worked her butt off those first few years earning every single thing she got.
    Not sure why these blogs always have to take digs.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I think that three line passage is meant to be taken as a whole. It starts by saying that the awards season should be good for her, and relates that to her album being her most artistic yet, and to her current tour, where the album tracks play well. I read the concluding sentence as implying that she can reclaim the title of queen, if the awards that were originally handed to her at the early shows now return to her (as the writer thinks they deservedly should).

•