Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood - Music Week Magazine UK (20 August 2018)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood - Music Week Magazine UK (20 August 2018)

New edition of Music Week out now | Media | Music Week

US superstar Carrie Underwood graces the cover of the new issue of Music Week, which is out now.

The singer spills the beans on her brilliant new album Cry Pretty, her first for Universal, alongside UMG Nashville’s Cindy Mabe, Virgin EMI’s Ted Cockle and CAA’s Jeff Frasco.

In a special report, Music Week shines a light on some of the most innovative developments in the apps sector, while Lost Village co-founders Andy George and Jay Jameson discuss the Lincolnshire event's organic growth ahead of this weekend's fourth edition.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    thank you so much for posting that amazing article!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH it includes a new picture!!!! Thanks for sharing.

ETA: I think that's one of the best articles with Carrie that I've read. Love the pictures too!!!
    Last edited by DaisyTweets; 08-20-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Oooooohhh this makes me more excited for the album!
    txacar, rainbow1 and nccountrygal like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I love that they heard the cd and call it brilliant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I love that they heard the cd and call it brilliant.

I'm jealous that they've already heard the album lol.

Concert Stars
    A career GAME CHANGER album! OMG please please please let this time fly swiftly! I need this album

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I need the album!
    The Bullet is going to be very impactful.
    I love how her family comes first and the way she thinks about her career.
    It really does sound like the next part of her tour will be international maybe places she's never been.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    The description of THE BULLET just makes me wanna grab it right this second.
    "On THE BULLET she enters altogether more compelling territory as she describes the ripple effect of gun violence in America. She didn't address the subject lightly."
    txacar, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thank you so much for sharing Louisa. This was an incredible article. I love when interviewers dive deep with Carrie. No lie, I teared up at least a couple times reading this article. I was tearing up along with Carrie just reading the description of The Bullet and her feelings about it. I know we say this every single time, but I don't think I've ever been so excited for a new Carrie album. I honestly don't think we can even fathom just how good it is going to be until we hear it.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Great article! I'm even more excited for the album now!
    txacar, rainbow1, Hil and 1 others like this.

I love what Carrie said about The Bullet and music in general: "Some songs are just important. You want your music to make people think and make people feel something. That one definitely does."
    txacar, rainbow1, Hil and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH it includes a new picture!!!! Thanks for sharing.

ETA: I think that's one of the best articles with Carrie that I've read. Love the pictures too!!!
    Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I totally stole this for my avatar, lol.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ That is stunning......
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I'm jealous that they've already heard the album lol.
    I’m pretty jealous too!!After seeing the song titles & what they may be about & seeing a few descriptions of Low & Backsliding & what they sound like vocally,I want to hear ALL of those songs so badly!!I got chills from just reading the descriptions of how she sounds on those two songs alone!!September 14th can’t get here fast enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I totally stole this for my avatar, lol.
    grrrrrrrrrrr I should have jumped on it!! t1945.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    grrrrrrrrrrr I should have jumped on it!! t1945.gif
    I'm sure there will be some great ones from the album shoot, lol.
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    A big thank you to Louisa Jessie for posting this article, with such clear enlargements - it made reading it a pleasure!

Some of the many things that struck me about this article (which i felt addressed a lot more angles, that the more gossip-and entertainment-focused magazines seldom bring out:

--the photo of Carrie standing next to Sir Lucien Grainge (global head of UMG). We may not see him so much as the Nashville label chiefs - but he is arguably the leading music mogul in today's world. His work with artists like the Rolling Stones is legendary, and he is regarded as one of the industry's great innovators. Having him quoted as excited about Carrie is a sure sign that the label group is taking this launch pretty seriously.

--the emphasis given to CAA (Carrie's booking agents). I think they have consistently taken a lead in pushing Carrie's presence in the UK market - something that I feel often gets overlooked in discussions of labels' efforts. They have different roles - it's the agency which (as the article puts it) "elbow" her into the big events. They've also supported Carrie in insisting she can get those dates without masking her Country roots (something the labels aren't always committed to).

--Cindy Mabe's insistence that Carrie isn't dominated by American Idol. She insists it was just a launchpad - and she's continually evolved as an artist. Obvious, yes - but it needs to be said, in view of the way some of the popular press report her.

--Cindy's reference to the trio - herself, Carrie and Ann Edelblute - who undertook the far from easy task of getting her established in the way she wanted. Ann's role should never be underestimated (I've seen the importance of a strong artist-manager-A&R link before, and it can be the key to the difference between developing an artist of depth and stature, and a routine launch of hit or miss work. I'm glad that link has been reinforced today.

--The article's comment on Carrie not just having a great performance voice, but also being a writer of note. Judging by her many references to that side of her career, think that is how she herself would want to be seen.

--The involvement of Virgin-EMI (her UK label). They apparently expect 60-70% of her sales here to be of physical CDs. That may sound rather ambitious, but ince fans are probably already familiar with her digital streams, I would take that figure to suggest that they are aiming for a major expansion into new audiences.

--The article's reference to her having achieved her success without compromising her Country identity (something also implied in the Virgin-EMI comment). I've always felt this is of considerable importance to the market here. Many US Mainstream artists don't approach it that way, and either avoid the market, or do attempt to play down their Country identity, or allow their labels to present them differently. The market needs Carrie's leadership on that point - and i was pleased to see Virgin-EMi making the point that success here will not just be good for Carrie, but good for the Country sector as a whole here.

---Interesting to read that "The Bullet" addresses the effects of gun violence (though I'm not entirely surprised to see Allen Shamblin co-writing in that area, nor to see Carrie taking it up). The song may concentrate on the effects on victims - but if it's seen (even indirectly) as leaning towards tighter gun control, expect some ruckus. (Those of you concerned about some Conservatives reacting to Gay references are really mainly referring to one section of that constituency. For many Conservatives - not least in the "Heartland" states - Guns can be made into a bigger political touchstone issue. Attitudes to Gays are gradually irrevocably changing in society at large - but Gun control is still one of the shibboleths of the Liberal-Conservative divide)
    hjj, rainbow1, Suellen and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    We can't thank you enough, Louisa! Best interview to date!! WoW!!
    LouisaJessie likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast