• 3 Post By Countryfan2448
  • 6 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: NSAI To Host Nashville Songwriter Awards In September

Obsessed Carrie Fan

NSAI To Host Nashville Songwriter Awards In September

I wondering if Carrie would be part of this since she is a songwriter

NSAI To Host Nashville Songwriter Awards In September

The Nashville Songwriters Association International
    The NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL (NSAI) will host its annual NASHVILLE SONGWRITER AWARDS at the RYMAN AUDITORIUM in NASHVILLE on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19th. ARISTA NASHVILLE's LANCO and WARNER BROS./WAR's CHRIS JANSON have been confirmed as performers for the event with additional performances to be announced in the coming weeks.
    GRAND OLE OPRY member BILL ANDERSON will be awarded the NSAI's highest honor, the KRIS KRISTOFFERSON Lifetime Achievement Award. Other honorees will include the 2018 Song Of The Year, Songwriter Of The Year, Songwriter-Artist Of The Year, and NSAI's annual list of "10 Songs I Wish I'd Written" as selected by NASHVILLE's professional songwriters.

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a..._country_daily
    txacar, Farawayhills and teesharky like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    This year would be difficult, as her album is not coming out until September - too late for most of the new songs to have made sufficient impact. However, if CP makes sufficient impact, it could win one of the awards in the "Ten Songs I Wish I'd Written" category.

The awards are dominated by Mainstream songs, written by Nashville-based writers, and exposure on radio and at showcase events create impact. One tip is that if your co-writers are also well known in the songwriting community, they should garner more votes (The Love Junkies are very well known, and both Hillary and Lori have won a couple of times in the last three years. Liz has been described as the 'godmother' of the community )

CP apart, Carrie would probably have good prospects in future, as her songwriting is steadily gaining professional approval. There are two personal awards - Songwriter of the Year is a professional award, for members who earn the bulk of their living from writing. Carrie would not be likely to be considered for that, as all her writing seems to be at least for consideration for her own albums, and only occasional ones she's passed on have been recorded by others.

The other personal award is the Songwriter/Artist award - and this the one where I think Carrie's future chances are promising. Taylor Swift won that award about six times (but she has always been a favourite in the songwriter community, and had an early publishing contract). I believe a good sign for Carrie is that Ashley Gorley has won the professional award three times in the last four years, and he has publicly praised Carrie as a writer at least twice - which is a sign of her growing respect in the community.

•