• 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 2 Post By jaylee50
  • 3 Post By Angel8675
  • 2 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: Carrie Underwood Helps Injured Police Officer

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Helps Injured Police Officer

Carrie Underwood Helps Hurt Police Officer Who Is an Old Friend

Carrie Underwood recently donated $10,000 to her childhood friend, Oklahoma police officer Justin Durrett, after the country star got word that Durrett had suffered multiple injuries from a rollover car crash on the morning of Feb. 11.Durrett, who is the Checotah (Okla.) assistant police chief, was on his way to the local police department when the accident happened. He suffered a broken neck, bruised spine and other injuries that admitted him into the intensive care unit.
    A GoFundMe page was started for Durrett on Feb. 12 to cover the officer's medical expenses with an opening paragraph that reads: "Justin Durrett, Assistant Police Chief of Checotah, was in an accident 2/11/2018. On his way to work, he slid off the road, rolled his truck; he was ejected from his truck. Then the truck landed on him. Itís by the grace of God this man is alive. Not only alive but responsive."
    The GoFundMe page is set to reach a goal of $20,000 and on Sat., Feb. 17, Underwood came forward and donated $10,000 to the campaign. By the time of publication, the money raised for Durrett's GoFundMe campaign stands at $12,670.
    KOTV reporter (Okla.) Tess Maune confirmed Underwood's donation via Twitter on Feb. 17 and also noted how the two knew each other:

"DONATION FOR DURRETT: Checotah native and country superstar @carrieunderwood has donated $10,000 to Checotah Assistant Police Chief Justin Durrett. The two were childhood friends who grew up going to the same church. Durrett broke his neck in a crash on his way to work Sunday," Maune said in her tweet.
    Underwood is a proud native of Checotah.
    liz278, simonplay, oldyfan and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I read yesterday that he didn’t make it and met his maker yesterday or the day before.
    glenn7 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I read yesterday that he didn’t make it and met his maker yesterday or the day before.

If this is true, it is so sad.

txacar and Smokyiiis like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I know that Carrie knows that he is in a Better Place, that doesn't make it any easier. I know she knows that she will See Him Again, but that doesn't make it any easier either. I know that Carrie did everything she could. She is one Heck of a Woman. She cares deeply for those she loves and for her town Checotah. The only reason I know this is because of her actions. They speak much louder then words. And, when she sings, you can Literally FEEL.
    God Speed and Many Blessings
    glenn7, txacar and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So sorry to hear Carrie’s friend passed away. So nice of her and her aunt Donna to send a donation to the family. ❤️

•