Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Hear Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood rehearse their unforgettable Opry duet

Hear Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood rehearse their unforgettable Opry duet

Hear Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood rehearse their unforgettable Opry duet

Full article: Hear Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood rehearse their unforgettable Opry duet | Rare Country

Love this:

You can tell from the way Carrie performs and conducts her career, she’s been taking notes from Reba for years now. As for performing on the Opry stage, Reba says standing in that famed circle of wood taken from the original Ryman Auditorium stage is indescribable

Concert Stars
    That was an awesomely beautiful performance together!

Insane Carrie Fan
    At first I thought it said release their duet, and got so excited.
    Kizmet311 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    If its so indescribable Reba, how come you appear so infrequently???
    Jae and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Chill

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    ^Chill
    Right back at ya, buddy!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    No one is as dedicated to the Opry as Carrie is.......

And if anyone'e career emulates Reba, it certainly is Carrie's..... Why not follow royalty.......

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Right back at ya, buddy!!!
    I wasn't getting bent out of shape because of how someone is handling their career. All I meant was, it's not that critical. It's fantastic Carrie gets to the Opry so much, but it seems unrealistic that they expect all their members to perform at least ten times a year. These are busy people, many running all over the world, so it's nothing to get angry at them about. I think if they come back even just once a year that's good. But, I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I wasn't getting bent out of shape because of how someone is handling their career. All I meant was, it's not that critical. It's fantastic Carrie gets to the Opry so much, but it seems unrealistic that they expect all their members to perform at least ten times a year. These are busy people, many running all over the world, so it's nothing to get angry at them about. I think if they come back even just once a year that's good. But, I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion.
    I wasn't getting bent out of shape because of how someone is handling their career. Usually if something is so special and meaningful you try to do it as much as possible.

Except for this year, Carrie is as busy or more busy than most of the Opry members and she still finds the time to make appearances during the year. By doing some simple research its easy to find out how many times RM has appeared at the Opry in the last 5 years. 10 years. 15 years. 20 years. Carrie has over 100 appearances in her short career. RM isn't even close to that number and she's what over 40 years into hers. Why accept the invitation if you aren't going make the effort to appear on the show? There's been many, many years that she hasn't made any appearances.

All I did was ask a question/statement not sure how you got anger from that. Your psychic radar is way off, all I did was ask a simple valid question. Chill.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I wasn't getting bent out of shape because of how someone is handling their career. Usually if something is so special and meaningful you try to do it as much as possible.

Except for this year, Carrie is as busy or more busy than most of the Opry members and she still finds the time to make appearances during the year. By doing some simple research its easy to find out how many times RM has appeared at the Opry in the last 5 years. 10 years. 15 years. 20 years. Carrie has over 100 appearances in her short career. RM isn't even close to that number and she's what over 40 years into hers. Why accept the invitation if you aren't going make the effort to appear on the show? There's been many, many years that she hasn't made any appearances.

All I did was ask a question/statement not sure how you got anger from that. Your psychic radar is way off, all I did was ask a simple valid question. Chill.

It seemed an aggressive question toward Reba. If something is that revered and special it is usually something a lot of people don't get the chance to do. Again, I said it's great that Carrie makes the time, but maybe other artists can't, you don't know what their lives entail. I never said Reba is always appearing there, or appears frequently even, so I'm not sure why you brought up how easy it is to search all that? Did you look at all Reba's appearances to know she doesn't have as many as Carrie, just curious on that one, because I don't know the answer to that?

We can ask the same question though of many many many other artists like Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, Barbara Mandrell, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood, Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, and so on. Do they all appear the number of "required" times? Probably not. My point is, when the Opry began and had a far larger impact on country music than today, and was one of the biggest radio shows in America, at the time, the requirement meant a whole lot more (for listeners and overall success of the program). Now, it just isn't as necessary, so no reason to question why any artist isn't there every other month.

Plus, there are many artists that are sickly and can't perform (Loretta Lynn is still recovering, and most likely won't perform very much), who can't reach that minimum, should their memberships be revoked. No, that's just not fair. So be proud that Carrie is as devoted as she is, but we shouldn't be questioning other artists choices.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It seemed an aggressive question toward Reba. If something is that revered and special it is usually something a lot of people don't get the chance to do. Again, I said it's great that Carrie makes the time, but maybe other artists can't, you don't know what their lives entail. I never said Reba is always appearing there, or appears frequently even, so I'm not sure why you brought up how easy it is to search all that? Did you look at all Reba's appearances to know she doesn't have as many as Carrie, just curious on that one, because I don't know the answer to that?

We can ask the same question though of many many many other artists like Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, Barbara Mandrell, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood, Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, and so on. Do they all appear the number of "required" times? Probably not. My point is, when the Opry began and had a far larger impact on country music than today, and was one of the biggest radio shows in America, at the time, the requirement meant a whole lot more (for listeners and overall success of the program). Now, it just isn't as necessary, so no reason to question why any artist isn't there every other month.

Plus, there are many artists that are sickly and can't perform (Loretta Lynn is still recovering, and most likely won't perform very much), who can't reach that minimum, should their memberships be revoked. No, that's just not fair. So be proud that Carrie is as devoted as she is, but we shouldn't be questioning other artists choices.
    I understand artists who are ill or on a worldwide tour not being able to, but if an artist lives in Nashville, and don't have extenuating circumstances, they ought to be able to make it at least half the number of required times.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    I understand artists who are ill or on a worldwide tour not being able to, but if an artist lives in Nashville, and don't have extenuating circumstances, they ought to be able to make it at least half the number of required times.
    They could, but I just think the requirement isn't necessary anymore, because of the points in my above post. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be nice if artists would honor the commitment, but it shouldn't be necessary anymore, and obviously appears like it isn't. I truly, wasn't trying to start anything with anyone, I just thought it wasn't necessary to call out any artist for not appearing ten or more times a year.

They could, but I just think the requirement isn't necessary anymore, because of the points in my above post. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be nice if artists would honor the commitment, but it shouldn't be necessary anymore, and obviously appears like it isn't. I truly, wasn't trying to start anything with anyone, I just thought it wasn't necessary to call out any artist for not appearing ten or more times a year.
    I think the Opry needs them more now than ever. If they love this ages old institution and are as proud as they say they are to be a member then they should either commit to supporting it or not accept the honor. I do agree, however, that 10 appearances is more difficult today when artists are touring almost constantly, but it would be nice to see a little more respect from a few who can't see past their enormous egos.
    Suellen, ethelu, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^I get it, but if I keep defending artists not appearing all the time, I'll just be beating a dead horse and talking in circles. Obviously, don't let that stop anyone for sharing their opinions, they're all interesting. I just think everyone knows where I stand, lol.
    txacar, Suellen and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I understand. I just think that the honor of being an Opry member should include that the artists support the tradition of appearing there. Otherwise, what does it mean to be chosen to be a member? Carrie does 2 sets per night that she appears, for a total of 6 songs per night. Come out and sing 6 songs a couple of times a year? It just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for other artists to do.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^I get it, but if I keep defending artists not appearing all the time, I'll just be beating a dead horse and talking in circles. Obviously, don't let that stop anyone for sharing their opinions, they're all interesting. I just think everyone knows where I stand, lol.
    No worries. It's just a discussion.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Either way, I hope we can get more collaborations between Carrie and Reba! It was just too good not to hear more.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I think the Opry needs them more now than ever. If they love this ages old institution and are as proud as they say they are to be a member then they should either commit to supporting it or not accept the honor. I do agree, however, that 10 appearances is more difficult today when artists are touring almost constantly, but it would be nice to see a little more respect from a few who can't see past their enormous egos.
    I would never think that Reba would ever have an enormous ego, nor that you were implying that directly to her, but like many, especially legends like her they don't support it enough like the intent should have been.
    adam1995 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    I would never think that Reba would ever have an enormous ego, nor that you were implying that directly to her, but like many, especially legends like her they don't support it enough like the intent should have been.
    No, not Reba. Was thinking more of Garth and a couple of others.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Blake?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast