Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree21Likes
  • 3 Post By Claire2004
  • 6 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 1 Post By Carrieslegs84
  • 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 4 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 4 Post By abbeyjones18

Thread: Nashville's Top Female Managers Talk Steering A-List Talent....(Billboard)

  1. #1
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    11,123

    Nashville's Top Female Managers Talk Steering A-List Talent....(Billboard)

    Nashville's Top Female Managers Talk Steering A-List Talent, Sexual Harassment and Safety After Las Vegas

    Two days before the Country Music Association (CMA) Awards on Nov. 8, five of the genre’s top managers gathered on the roof of the Thompson Hotel in Nashville to talk about guiding the careers of their acts, all of whom performed during the telecast.
    Combined, their artists -- Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhettand Carrie Underwood -- have sold nearly 40 million albums in the United States, according to Nielsen Music, and their songs have generated over 6 billion *on-demand audio streams.


    Full article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/e...gers-interview

    (Found out about this article from Jason Scott's tweet)

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    3,460
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Nashville's Top Female Managers Talk Steering A-List Talent, Sexual Harassment and Safety After Las Vegas


    Two days before the Country Music Association (CMA) Awards on Nov. 8, five of the genre’s top managers gathered on the roof of the Thompson Hotel in Nashville to talk about guiding the careers of their acts, all of whom performed during the telecast.
    Combined, their artists -- Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhettand Carrie Underwood -- have sold nearly 40 million albums in the United States, according to Nielsen Music, and their songs have generated over 6 billion *on-demand audio streams.


    Full article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/e...gers-interview

    (Found out about this article from Jason Scott's tweet)
    So enjoyed the article. Loved reading Ann's comments and felt I knew why Carrie and Ann have stayed together all this time - I came away thinking Ann was silently strong - she didn't need to be vocal all the time. She reminds me of Carrie. Carrie is strong, she knows what she wants and what she believes in and Ann is right there supporting her. I bet they have knocked heads very little if ever. Would love to hear if my feelings on their relationship was wrong. I've always loved that Ann was or appeared to be so supportive and by her side when needed. On a side note, Ann looks awesome!

  • #3
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    So enjoyed the article. Loved reading Ann's comments and felt I knew why Carrie and Ann have stayed together all this time - I came away thinking Ann was silently strong - she didn't need to be vocal all the time. She reminds me of Carrie. Carrie is strong, she knows what she wants and what she believes in and Ann is right there supporting her. I bet they have knocked heads very little if ever. Would love to hear if my feelings on their relationship was wrong. I've always loved that Ann was or appeared to be so supportive and by her side when needed. On a side note, Ann looks awesome!
    I enjoyed the article as well.It seems like their personalities are both in sync with each other because they both seem very driven & very creative in the way that they approach song ideas & how they coordinate cowrites & songwriting sessions,which I had no idea that both Ann & Carrie worked together on those.Carrie & Ann are probably both strong,but they know when an idea might work or when you have to completely start from scratch with a brand new idea.I also think they don’t butt beads very much because their ideas & thinking are both very similar & they think on the same wavelength career and music wise.Ann seems very supportive of Carrie’s ideas & always seems very supportive when Carrie needs it the most.I have a feeling that there’s not too many ideas of Carrie’s that Ann ever vetoes!!There’s a saying from when I was growing up,it’s called iron sharpening iron & it means that people in friendships make each stronger because their ideas seem insync with each other & that each of the person’s ideas makes the other person better for knowing them & that their minds are always thinking along the same wavelength no matter what they’re thinking or what they’re doing.I don’t know if that sounded like I was rambling or not,but I was trying to correlate that saying in Carrie & Ann’s friendship and professional relationship in saying they make each other stronger & better for being in each other’s lives & Carrie’s career.Ann does indeed look awesome!!They are truly good for each other!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    3,460
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I enjoyed the article as well.It seems like their personalities are both in sync with each other because they both seem very driven & very creative in the way that they approach song ideas & how they coordinate cowrites & songwriting sessions,which I had no idea that both Ann & Carrie worked together on those.Carrie & Ann are probably both strong,but they know when an idea might work or when you have to completely start from scratch with a brand new idea.I also think they don’t butt beads very much because their ideas & thinking are both very similar & they think on the same wavelength career and music wise.Ann seems very supportive of Carrie’s ideas & always seems very supportive when Carrie needs it the most.I have a feeling that there’s not too many ideas of Carrie’s that Ann ever vetoes!!There’s a saying from when I was growing up,it’s called iron sharpening iron & it means that people in friendships make each stronger because their ideas seem insync with each other & that each of the person’s ideas makes the other person better for knowing them & that their minds are always thinking along the same wavelength no matter what they’re thinking or what they’re doing.I don’t know if that sounded like I was rambling or not,but I was trying to correlate that saying in Carrie & Ann’s friendship and professional relationship in saying they make each other stronger & better for being in each other’s lives & Carrie’s career.Ann does indeed look awesome!!They are truly good for each other!!

    Sounds like we'd both like to be a fly on the wall and see if our perception of their relationship is accurate. Whatever it is, it's definitely a winner. The little I've known of Ann I've always loved her being there for our Carrie!!!
    Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,661
    Thanks, Claire.

    An interesting article - especially on the insight they give into how the albums take shape.

    I've really only been aware of two of these ladies (three, including Crystal) - but the ones who represent the male artists were new for me, so it was good to read about them.

    Of the ones I knew of, I can't speak highly enough of the contributions they've made to their artists' careers - and the fact that their artists have stuck with them throughout (in both cases, moving with their manager when she set up her own outfit) speaks volumes for the confidence they have in their relationship.) When you know a fair bit about the two female artists, it's interesting (but predictable) to see the differences in approach that the managers allude to in some of their comments - Carrie the business-conscious and dedicated planner and perfectionist; Miranda, consumed by the music - and I love her for it - but often seemingly a business manager's despair!

    In Carrie's case, I was particularly interested in Ann's comment that she saw her career "tipping point" in her acceptance by the CMA, as that was central to their plan. It ties in with what Carrie's always said, about the direction she was always determined to take. Her talent show was a means to an end - establishing her identity in the industry was always the goal. Simon Fuller went along with that (and as a powerful media figure, I give him credit for not pressing a different course) - but I believe it was always Ann who supported and guided Carrie's planning.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,075
    Thanks for posting. Really liked reading especially about Carrie and Miranda.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #7
    Insane Carrie Fan abbeyjones18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    5,084
    Pretty cool that some of the male artists have female managers.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Billboard's First-Ever Nashville Top 50 Power Players List Revealed
      By Naco1776 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 07-24-2015, 06:42 PM
    2. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 10-24-2013, 10:58 PM
    3. Billboard's List of Top Money Makers for 2012
      By Schrodinger in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM
    4. Replies: 38
      Last Post: 07-16-2012, 07:37 AM
    5. Best Female Singers of the 21st Century - Top Ten List
      By Ann055 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •