Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree345Likes

Thread: John Legend and Carrie Underwood Set to Co-Host "GRAMMYs® Greatest Stories Nov. 24

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

John Legend and Carrie Underwood Set to Co-Host "GRAMMYs® Greatest Stories Nov. 24

Suellen, liz278, rainbow1 and 13 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I will watch just to see Carrie :-)

Concert Stars
    Something to look forward to! Carrie!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yay! Always good to see Carrie on tv in any capacity!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow, this is the 3rd Grammy special that Carrie has participated in. Another network and organization that knows the ratings power of one Carrie Underwood. And its on next week!!! soon or very soon!!!!
    Hil, Suellen, Kizmet311 and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    notice this picture was taken in the former church studio.Guess we have our answer as to what she was doing there.I really hope this hosting stint involves singing a bit

@Wildaboutmusic

On November 24, tune in to see @carrieunderwood help share great @RecordingAcad #GRAMMYs stories -- including her own -- only on @CBS. Here's she is with #GRAMMYs Executive Producer @grammyken. Lest there be any confusion, Carrie's the one on the right.

Last edited by maddkat; 11-15-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    Kizmet311, ethelu, Hil and 13 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the find, Donna! We have our answer! She looks gorgeous in that green!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm excited about the show and in particular Carrie as one of the hosts!!! She has been busy as we've been sad as we haven't seen her - sure happy they pre-tape things now days as it was done before her accident!! EXCITED!!

Carrie Guru

Concert Stars
    Haven't seen any commercials for this! If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have known about it!
    oldyfan and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Excited about this one. Carrie couldn't miss -- AEG promotes her tours and, well, we all know how David Wild feels, lol. Grammy specials just keep getting better. I still have Sinatra and Bee Gees on my DVR. Watched them both this week with my house guests.
    Smokyiiis, ethelu, Gator and 4 others like this.

Yet another event that Carrie is representing country music at that will not be taken into account when nominating artists for Entertainer of the Year. Though I would much rather her be participating in these events than change what she's doing just to be recognized by a sexist genre. I'm also glad she'll be with John Legend; I would love for them to duet at some point together.
    Smokyiiis, liz278, ethelu and 7 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Excited about this one. Carrie couldn't miss -- AEG promotes her tours and, well, we all know how David Wild feels, lol. Grammy specials just keep getting better. I still have Sinatra and Bee Gees on my DVR. Watched them both this week with my house guests.
    Having trouble posting, dumb server, hope they have it all together by 24th.
    txacar, Suellen and oldyfan like this.

Great news! Another surprise Carrie got lined up for us :-).
    liz278, ethelu, txacar and 4 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Carrie's "story" is great, and well deserved - but the two other Country artists they've picked to appear in person arguably don't go very far into representing the breadth and depth of the genre. Blake Shelton, for example, is well known to the TV audience, and does have some nominations - but has never actually won a Grammy; Alison Krauss has won 27, Bela Fleck has won 14 - and there many other deserving artists. I'd like them to have been a bit more imaginative in the range of talent they are representing.

Concert Stars
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy about this! Anything Grammy related-- count me in PLEASE. haha

Thank God this was pre-taped or Carrie would be cancelling this too due to her Fall. We all got lucky there and so did she as this is a really cool honor for her.

I love John Legend so I am really happy to see them work together even as co-hosts. I would love for them to sing together.

Anyway-- here is a list of other stars involved:

According to CBS, the special will “feature rare archival footage, exclusive interviews and special appearances by multi-GRAMMY Award winners and nominees Christina Aguilera, Mary J. Blige, Celine Dion, Dave Grohl, Elton John, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, Chris Martin, Ricky Martin, Paul McCartney, P!nk, Ed Sheeran, Blake Shelton, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Justin Timberlake, U2, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban.

“Special segments will include reactions from GRAMMY producers and members of the music community following some legendary performances, including Paul McCartney bringing The Beatles’ legendary album Abbey Road to the GRAMMY stage, among others.”

The two-hour special will air from 9PM ET-11PM ET on November 24.
    txacar, Hil, Suellen and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Carrie's "story" is great, and well deserved - but the two other Country artists they've picked to appear in person arguably don't go very far into representing the breadth and depth of the genre. Blake Shelton, for example, is well known to the TV audience, and does have some nominations - but has never actually won a Grammy; Alison Krauss has won 27, Bela Fleck has won 14 - and there many other deserving artists. I'd like them to have been a bit more imaginative in the range of talent they are representing.
    How could Alison Krauss not be included in this? Hopefully, they're saving her for a surprise or she just hasn't been announced. Keeping my fingers crossed. Love her!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Thanks for the find, Donna! We have our answer! She looks gorgeous in that green!
    It's a radiant picture - she looks really happy too!

This is so exciting! She really does exciting cool things and represents country well. John Legend and Carrie is awesome. Would love for them sing together as well. Alisson Krauss should be including. umm hello she's Alison Krauss.

Concert Stars
    I love that Ken Ehrlich has so much respect for Carrie! I hope part of her story is how she was selected for the Michael Jackson tribute. That was still the highlight of all her Grammy performances imo. Singing with people like Celine Dion is a bucket list moment.
    lizcarlo, rainbow1, Gator and 5 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast