Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Country Music Stars Come Together For Hurricane Relief At Upcoming "Country Rising"

  1. #1
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    20,440
    Concert Stars

    Country Music Stars Come Together For Hurricane Relief At Upcoming "Country Rising"

    Carrie will appear at a concert in Bridgestone for hurricane relief

    https://parade.com/606263/alison-abb...nefit-concert/

    heck of a line up

    performances by Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Sam Hunt, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Chris Stapleton, George Strait and Carrie Underwood. More stars are expected to join the lineup in the coming days and weeks.
    teesharky, ethelu, txacar and 11 others like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #2
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    75,475
    Concert Stars
    This is awesome ! So happy Carrie is part of it!!

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,968
    Wish they would televise it and have a bank of phones for call in donations.
    rainbow1, Gator, Smokyiiis and 1 others like this.

  • #4
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    75,475
    Concert Stars
    ^ I know me too. Carrie has never been part of one of those live telethon events. She must not like them maybe?

    Anyway- I am so glad she is part of this.

  • #5
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    75,475
    Concert Stars
    I wish she would sing a duet with Garth or Chris Stapleton at this event.

  • #6
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    11,691
    Concert Stars
    I told my husband I want to go. I don't think he realizes I am dead serious, lol.
    rainbow1, ethelu, txacar and 4 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #7
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,892
    Concert Stars
    I had seen mention of it earlier, and they didn't mention Carrie. I'm so excited that she's going to participate!! Please put it on TV!!
    liz278, txacar and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #8
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    20,440
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I wish she would sing a duet with Garth or Chris Stapleton at this event.
    this would be the perfect time to finally get that duet 10 yr old Carrie requested. lol
    sd20, glenn7, Smokyiiis and 3 others like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,670
    Isn't GB on record as saying he'd never duet with a female besides his wife? Given his 'limited' vocal ability I think he's afraid to duet with Carrie.

  • #10
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,739
    To be honest, i would not even welcome Garth singing with Carrie...... She just needs a great male singer counterpart.......

  • #11
    Carrie Guru
    LouisaJessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    13,354
    Concert Stars
    Cool to see Carrie a part of the line-up. It's good she's still active during her time off. Hope we get lots of videos on Instagram and Twitter etc.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #12
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    75,475
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Isn't GB on record as saying he'd never duet with a female besides his wife? Given his 'limited' vocal ability I think he's afraid to duet with Carrie.
    yes he has said that so it will probably never happen. But it would be cool as Carrie has been waiting since she was 10 years old when she first met him.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    20,440
    Concert Stars
    well here Garth is singing ITYS with a woman at a concert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFNBQO--PY

    PS. he really can't sing, so maybe I don't want him singing with Carrie

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,670
    Well, I was going to post this comment yesterday and I forgot -- I know singing with GB is something that Carrie would like to happen BUT I could do without her doing it because he really can't sing. He couldn't years ago and he certainly hasn't improved after his 'retirement'!!!!

    Since I view him as being so calculating about everything, I'm sure if he thought it would be good for HIM he'd do it in a heartbeat!!!!!! Sorry, not sorry but I NEVER liked him and I like him even less after last Nov.
    Carrieslegs84 and Gator like this.

  • #15
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well, I was going to post this comment yesterday and I forgot -- I know singing with GB is something that Carrie would like to happen BUT I could do without her doing it because he really can't sing. He couldn't years ago and he certainly hasn't improved after his 'retirement'!!!!

    Since I view him as being so calculating about everything, I'm sure if he thought it would be good for HIM he'd do it in a heartbeat!!!!!! Sorry, not sorry but I NEVER liked him and I like him even less after last Nov.


    Totally agree with you.
    Gator likes this.

  • #16
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,009
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    well here Garth is singing ITYS with a woman at a concert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFNBQO--PY

    PS. he really can't sing, so maybe I don't want him singing with Carrie
    Carrie absolutely soars on ITYS. Can anyone think of a male country singer who could duet with Carrie on this song?

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Carrie absolutely soars on ITYS. Can anyone think of a male country singer who could duet with Carrie on this song?
    Back in the day, when the world seemed a more optimistic place, New Grass Revival were blowing me away with all kinds of awesomeness - so maybe I'm biased - but I still think John Cowan has one of the male voices that could shine in any company. Here's one of his latter day examples:

    txacar, rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Back in the day, when the world seemed a more optimistic place, New Grass Revival were blowing me away with all kinds of awesomeness - so maybe I'm biased - but I still think John Cowan has one of the male voices that could shine in any company. Here's one of his latter day examples:

    Thanks. I'll let you know when I can hear it. For some reason my laptop will not un-mute. So frustrating!

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Back in the day, when the world seemed a more optimistic place, New Grass Revival were blowing me away with all kinds of awesomeness - so maybe I'm biased - but I still think John Cowan has one of the male voices that could shine in any company. Here's one of his latter day examples:

    I love it. Carrie needs a duet partner who can do that. I would love to hear Carrie sing that song.
    rainbow1 and Farawayhills like this.

  • #20
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    5,094
    Concert Stars
    That is just BEAUTIFUL. What a gorgeous voice he has. Sort of reminds me of Vince Gill in some ways
    rainbow1, ethelu and Gator like this.


  •  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. "My Fool Heart" - Country Music themed movie
      By Farawayhills in forum Movies
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM
    2. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-12-2011, 08:07 AM
    3. If Carrie did a rock album, would that be considered "betraying country music"?
      By AnthonyLovesCarrie in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
    4. "Going Country Means Big Bucks For Pop Stars"
      By Carrieflattsfan in forum Music
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
    5. My reply to the "Miranda Lambert queen of country music article"
      By eliefares in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 148
      Last Post: 02-20-2011, 07:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •