Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Country Music Stars Come Together For Hurricane Relief At Upcoming "Country Rising"

Concert Stars
    Find him Carrie, and sing with him!!!
    Smokyiiis, ethelu, glenn7 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    The tragedy today, will certainly be on their minds for this event now.

I was just thinking how hard it is going to be, for Carrie and Brad to find anything funny to say about 2017.
    ethelu, Suellen, txacar and 3 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Love his soulful voice! He would be a perfect Duet partner for Carrie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ethelu and Farawayhills like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    The tragedy today, will certainly be on their minds for this event now.

I was just thinking how hard it is going to be, for Carrie and Brad to find anything funny to say about 2017.
    They put the ads together last week when David was there with Carrie, Brad and Deaton, and were laughing a lot. We'll never know if they had to tweek them. I think they will memorialize in a special way, along with the artists we've lost, then get on with their show. You are right -- it definitely won't be easy but we need some lighthearted moments.

I read on another site that on social media there were people were giving Jason Aldean grief for fleeing the stage instead of giving some kind of warning.

If this is true, what is wrong with people?! Now is not the time to be pointing blame on anyone. Do they realize that he probably did not even know exactly what was happening? Performers usually wear an earpiece thing right? He probably was just told to run off the stage. Anyone in his place will probably do the same. My goodness.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Plus his pregnant wife was with him so I am sure he was going to make sure she was safe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Gator, Suellen, Claire2004 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I read on another site that on social media there were people were giving Jason Aldean grief for fleeing the stage instead of giving some kind of warning.

If this is true, what is wrong with people?! Now is not the time to be pointing blame on anyone. Do they realize that he probably did not even know exactly what was happening? Performers usually wear an earpiece thing right? He probably was just told to run off the stage. Anyone in his place will probably do the same. My goodness.
    About 30 mins ago, when the sheriff's people gave their latest report, a reporter asked about Jason not telling the audience .
    txacar and utlovescarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    About 30 mins ago, when the sheriff's people gave their latest report, a reporter asked about Jason not telling the audience .
    They should realize that Jason may be an entertainer but heís also human and didnít want to be shot either. Not only that, but Iím sure the audience knew what was happening before Jason. I feel bad for Jason if people are criticizing him.
    ethelu, txacar, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    The Sheriff kind of took up for him. He said they would look at all of that timeline, and to remember that a person's first instinct when they hear gun shots....is to run!

Concert Stars
    I just read that Country Rising has been postponed, in respect to the victims of Vegas.
    txacar, Mirasa45A and lolita55 like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I would have thought 6 weeks from now would not be disrespectful. I wonder if the cma will be postpone as well.
    txacar likes this.

There's no logic in canceling a benefit concert to help people who are hurting. How does it help Las Vegas to delay helping people who so desperately need assistance? Allowing people to continue to suffer is not a particularly great way to memorialize another tragedy.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I think it's only ticket sells which was supposed to begin this Friday. So it was too soon to do that so they postponed.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks to Carrie and all those great artists who’s music is there to comfort us. I love Country music. ❤️

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    I think it's only ticket sells which was supposed to begin this Friday. So it was too soon to do that so they postponed.
    Yes, it's just the tickets sales, which were to begin on Friday, that were postponed.Not the concert.

In light of the horrific tragedy in Las Vegas and out of respect for its victims, we have postponed the on-sale for Country Rising originally scheduled for this Friday. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected
    Claire2004, glenn7, ethelu and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Its very sad that anyone would take aim at Jason A in his response. Its like in a theater you don't yell fire! The stampede can potentially make things much worse. I am sure he was reacting like anyone would but suggesting he should have somehow told 50 thousand people to run! is just crazy talk.
    I have read some pretty petty and disgusting things at the expense of Country Music in the aftermath comments of this terrible event. People can just be cruel.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree. Anyone attacking poor Jason for running off the stage is insane. Everyone was already running by then. He kept singing while the bullets were going and people were already dead because he did not understand what was going on. I am sure his security team told him to get off the stage asap, which is their job-- and good for them for doing it well. But truthfully- what a stupid thing to focus on-- blaming him somehow. People are always looking for someone to blame.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Agree. Anyone attacking poor Jason for running off the stage is insane. Everyone was already running by then. He kept singing while the bullets were going and people were already dead because he did not understand what was going on. I am sure his security team told him to get off the stage asap, which is their job-- and good for them for doing it well. But truthfully- what a stupid thing to focus on-- blaming him somehow. People are always looking for someone to blame.
    When the reporter asked the sheriff's representative if it would of help if Jason had yelled a warning before fleeing I was aghast...what a totally ridiculous thing to ask. Jason seemed to be one of the last people to realize what was going on, people had already started yelling and running. Based on the reports that some of the tour buses and equipment had bullet holes in them they were all very blessed to get out of there with no injuries. Can you even imagine just how hard it will be for all of them to walk back out on stage for the first time? My heart just hurts for everyone that had to experience any of this and so very grateful for every single person that came to the aid of their fellow human beings - they are truly amazing!

I wonder if they will expand this fundraiser to also cover the Las Vegas victims?

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree. Reporters are so cruel and have no respect for human decency and no integrity. It amazes me how petty they can be, when there are so many bigger issues to focus on. It was a cruel, unnecessary question that was aimed to cause trouble.

Anyway-I agree it will be so hard for Jason to get back on stage. ugh
    txacar, ethelu, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    PACRadioShow‏ @PACRadioShow

JUST ANNOUNCED: @KeithUrban added to #CountryRising on 11/12 + new on sale date is next Friday, 10/20!

rainbow1 likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast