Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Carrie Writing New Song for NFL To Use At SuperBowl!

Concert Stars

Carrie Writing New Song for NFL To Use At SuperBowl!

Carrie Underwood Teases ?Sunday Night Football? Open, Super Bowl Song | Variety

Carrie Underwood, NBC Sports’ Fred Gaudelli Talk New ‘Sunday Night Football’ Opening, Super Bowl Song

Shot over three days on the Universal lot, the new opening boasts a budget in the seven-figure range. Gaudelli, Underwood, Dixon, and company also took a fourth day to shoot the opening segment for Super Bowl 52.

In the past, when NBC has had the Super Bowl, the opening segment has featured a variation on the “Sunday Night Football” theme. But this year, Gaudelli asked Underwood to write a new number. Her song “The Champion” will debut ahead of the big game in February.
    “I think it’s going to become a sports anthem,” he says. “It’s going to be one of those songs that you see cut to highlights for the next 25 years.”
    Underwood — whose hockey-player Mike Fisher retired from the Nashville Predators at the end of last season — was able to test the song with a small audience in the target demo.
    “My husband loved it,” she says. “He would listen to it before playoff games. He was like ‘I want everyone to hear it!’ and I had to tell him, ‘You can’t do that. You can’t play it in the locker room. I’m sorry.’ But that was a good indicator that we were on the right track.”

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    I need a preview now! LOL

Concert Stars
    This is exciting news! We needed something like this cause we were all very bored :-)

Concert Stars
    Get to work, Typo!! Who are the co-writers?!! LOL!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    This is very exciting!!!If the execs and Mike Love it I can't wait to hear it. We need something new Now!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Something new,yay!

Concert Stars
    According to Typo Chris DeStefano, Brett James and Carrie are the writers. can't wait to hear it

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh man, I hoping that this is a sign that just maybe she'll be the halftime performer. She so deserves it and she could so totally deliver BIG time!!!!
    Last edited by DaisyTweets; 09-09-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by john1987 View Post
    According to Typo Chris DeStefano, Brett James and Carrie are the writers. can't wait to hear it
    Awesome team of writers! typo is the man!

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    We are the champions, we are the champions!
    txacar and teesharky like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Gosh, when one thinks more about this, it really is a HUGE honor for Carrie. Fred G. sure must have an awful lot of respect and confidence in Carrie to ask her to write a song for such a HUGE event. I mean this is an event that is watched the world over and watched by MILLIONS!!! And for him to already say that he loves it and thinks it will be something that will be used for the next 25 years what a huge compliment for Carrie.

I hate wishing my life away and the 16 week season already goes by so fast but I can hardly wait til February!!!! Hopefully the NFL brass have already heard the song and love it too. Hopefully they love it so much that they give Carrie the honor of be the halftime performer!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    We are the champions, we are the champions!

Haha that song went through my head too.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

I agree that this is a much bigger honor than halftime performer - and promises to have a much longer impact. He's already predicting it will be part of sporting montages for the next 25 years. And I can't help but feel like the timing would be perfect for the launch of a new lead single for the new album. You can't find a bigger platform, after all, than the Superbowl! If the song is played in its entirety, which it will be, I can see it flying up the iTunes chart and making a huge sales impact.
    txacar, ethelu, teesharky and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is so exciting for Carrie and that team of writers is amazing! They came up with SITW and it sounds like this song is very memorable! I can't wait to hear it. Definitely have a reason to watch the SB this year!

Are they still saying that Jay Z and Justin Timberlake might be doing the half time show? That is the last thing I saw on the internet somewhere.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I heard Justin Timberlake was in talks for the Superbowl halftime show, but in my Dreamworld, it would be Carrie. Then her new album can be released about the same time. What great promotion that would be. The entire nation will know what a star our Carrie is and buy her music!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Awesome. I wonder when we'll get to hear this?

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    I'm hoping for something kinda poppy and dramatic. Like Ryan Tedder's vocal on The Fighter song..there goes a fighter,this one's a fighter. It makes my eyes wet every time
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I heard the rumor of Justin and JayZ too- which is not a bad idea to be honest. It would be a great show. But I still keep hoping that Carrie could be a special guest of the headliner at least-- or at least that she could perform this song LIVE at halftime and be part of the show.

I just don't wnat another pre=taped opening that few people see before the game starts. I want her front and center during halftime- even if it's just this song and nothing else. She deserves that.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by angeliccarrie View Post
    I heard Justin Timberlake was in talks for the Superbowl halftime show, but in my Dreamworld, it would be Carrie. Then her new album can be released about the same time. What great promotion that would be. The entire nation will know what a star our Carrie is and buy her music!
    Does Carrie deserve to do the halftime show for the super bowl?A 100%.I've always thought that she was very deserving of a ginormous show shown to millions & that people will talk about days,even weeks later,because her talent is so much larger than just a stage in an arena.But will they choose her this year?In my honest opinion,no,because they'd would want people that have a lot of buzz at the moment & are at the top of their game professionally currently.She has always been at the top of her game,but I don't think that doing the SNF theme & the Super Bowl theme song is enough buzz for her to do the halftime show this time around.Right now,they want someone with a lot of buzz surrounding them &there's only one person that's been dominating the conversations on social media the past two weeks:Taylor Swift.Love her or hate her,that's who they'd want to choose to do the halftime show just to create more buzz for her new music,new album & a concert tour.I hate playing devil's advocate here,but Carrie doesn't have either one of those things right now to warrant her doing the halftime show,because there's not enough buzz to get her name on that list.It would be an amazing platform for new music & a new album from her,but in my mind,I doubt that's the way Carrie would want her new music to get out there to the masses.Yes,the world would know she's a star,but it wouldn't push people to buy her music more if they've made up their minds that they don't like her,her music or the way she dresses.I know that she's probably doesn't care about the haters,but there might be a lot more of those if she was ever to do the halftime show because they think,"what does Carrie Underwood have to do with football?" & "shouldn't she stick to doing country music?" I'm not trying to start an argument here,just trying see the many angles of this idea from a logical standpoint.We may love Carrie to pieces,but it doesn't mean that the rest of the country or world shares our massive love of Carrie & her music.I don't know if this argument sounds logical to the rest of you,but it's just the way that I saw it.Just wanted to add my two cents to this topic without coming across mean spirited or harsh.At least that's the way I hope it will come off in my mind!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I heard the rumor of Justin and JayZ too- which is not a bad idea to be honest. It would be a great show. But I still keep hoping that Carrie could be a special guest of the headliner at least-- or at least that she could perform this song LIVE at halftime and be part of the show.

I just don't wnat another pre=taped opening that few people see before the game starts. I want her front and center during halftime- even if it's just this song and nothing else. She deserves that.
    After Justin and Janet Jackson controversy, I would be shocked if they ask him back. I live JT a she is a great vocalist and entertain but he gave the SB/NFL and FCC such a big problem. Honestly, I would be disappointed if they asked him just on principals.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast