Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Carrie Writing New Song for NFL To Use At SuperBowl!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I heard the rumor of Justin and JayZ too- which is not a bad idea to be honest. It would be a great show. But I still keep hoping that Carrie could be a special guest of the headliner at least-- or at least that she could perform this song LIVE at halftime and be part of the show.

I just don't wnat another pre=taped opening that few people see before the game starts. I want her front and center during halftime- even if it's just this song and nothing else. She deserves that.
    I hope for that too,Tee,but it doesn't always mean that it will happen even if we had control over how the halftime show works.It just doesn't work that way,unfortunately.I just don't see her being part of the halftime show even with Jay Z & Justin Timberlake because their styles of music are too diametrically opposed & wouldn't make sense to put together.That would take away from Jay Z's & Justin's spotlight because it's their time to shine,not Carrie's.Her performing the song live during halftime?I'd love for it to happen,but I honestly don't think it's going to happen if there were two other huge superstars in the spotlight that deserve it just as much as she does.I want it to happen,but it won't,not this time around unless something drastically changes.I know pretaped openings aren't ideal,but maybe that's the way it'll have to happen at this moment in time unless she feels that the song could be done in a live setting.If she tried to do the song during halftime,she would get lost in the shuffle if Jay Z & Justin performed & nobody would remember her then.She does deserve the halftime slot because I know & you know that her vocal talent would kill it on that stage & deserves it more than anything,but I have a feeling that it might not happen this time around.She will get her time to shine,& when she does,it will be exciting & spectacular & epic!!I just don't feel the timing's right at the moment,that's all.This is just my opinion & it doesn't have to be taken at face value,I just wanted to put my two cents in on the topic while it was fresh in my mind.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So excited to know new Carrie music is on the way. I hope 2018 has lots more stuff to look forward to.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is such cool news!! I hope it's totally anthemic and lives on for the ages.Carrie making her mark again.:-)

Sent from my Venue8 3840 using Tapatalk

Concert Stars
    I also love how involved Carrie is with the NFL. She is just not a hot girl singing the opening but she is very much part of the team. I always wanted at anthemic song from Carrie, hopeful this is a rock song.
    Mirasa45A, Gator and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    If the song style fits, maybe NBC could use it for the Olympics too.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I hope Jay z doesn't do the halftime show. No offense to the people on here who like him. But I don't at all, I think he is extremely overrated.
    Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    I hope Jay z doesn't do the halftime show. No offense to the people on here who like him. But I don't at all, I think he is extremely overrated.
    I've never really gotten into rap or hip hop much,but yeah he is overrated for someone who is supposed to be one of the biggest names in that genre.His & Beyonce's appeal is just lost to me.People think that they're so great,but they're not.My dad's even said that he's kind of a homely looking guy anyways.I've just never been into that type of music.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I also love how involved Carrie is with the NFL. She is just not a hot girl singing the opening but she is very much part of the team. I always wanted at anthemic song from Carrie, hopeful this is a rock song.
    It seems like they've kind of unofficially adopted Carrie into the family & they seem to really like her,which is always a plus in my book!!Unfortunately,from the comments I've read on Twitter & Facebook,people think that's all she is & brings nothing to the show.Not true.The hate for her as a person & singer is so rampant on those platforms that you'd would've thought that they all got together & decided to just bash & bring Carrie down.I do hope that "The Champion" is upbeat & that it will be anthemic as well to where it is used in sporting events until the end of time!!

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    There are plenty of positive comments on twitter as well. Social media users particular sports fans often revel in being jerks to everybody. Just ignore them.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12