Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Carrie to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Talking Carrie to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

http://www.soundslikenashville.com/news/carrie-underwood-receive-star-hollywood-walk-fame/
    Last edited by yehchern; 06-23-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Concert Stars
    I just read it on twitter!!!! Nobody deserves it more!!!! So proud of her and of being one of her long time fans!!! So excited!!!!!

So delighted for Carrie. Congrats for her. She truly deserves it. Yeah!

Concert Stars
    So freakin happy about this! I confess-- every year I check the new inductees list searching for Carrie! haha I know- I am hopeless. But I can't help myself. I wanted her to get a STAR so badly!

Look at the list she is in great company!

Concert Stars
    billboard‏Verified account @billboard 2h2 hours ago

Snoop Dogg, Carrie Underwood, RuPaul, "Weird Al" Yankovic & more to receive stars on the Hollywood #WalkOfFame

Concert Stars
    Carrie Crazy Dreams‏ @c_crazydreams 3h3 hours ago

Congratulations @carrieunderwood on your Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! #QUEEN

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood‘s trailblazing, decade-plus career has landed her in Hollywood (again). The country superstar is one of eight musicians named to the Hollywood Walk of Fame’s class of 2018, which means she’ll soon have a star on Los Angeles’ Hollywood Boulevard sidewalk.
    Underwood is the only country artist among the class of 2018, but she joins celebrated stars like Mary J. Blige, Ice T, Snoop Dogg, Harry Connick, Jr., Richard Branson, Weird “Al” Yankovich and Petula Clark on the list. Her former American Idolco-star Simon Cowell is also set to receive a star on the Walk of Fame in the category of Television, along with other famous names: Jennifer Lawrence, Kirsten Dunst, Jack Black, Hamilton creator Lin Manuel Miranda and the late Steve Irwin will all receive stars in the next batch.
    “The Walk of Fame Selection Committee is pleased to announce our newest honorees to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Committee looked carefully at each nominee and we feel that we have selected an eclectic group of talent that will appeal to the tastes of many fans around the world,” Vin Di Bona, chairman of the selection committee for 2017, says in a press release. While no official dates have been set for etching, the induction ceremony must take place within two years of the selection date.
    This is just one accolade Underwood will receive this year. She’s also being honored by her home state with an induction into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame in 2017. The “Before He Cheats” singer joins fellow Oklahomans and country superstars Reba McEntire, Blake Shelton, Vince Gill and Toby Keith in the home state Hall of Fame.
    Did You Know Carrie Underwood Has a College Degree?

Read More: Carrie Underwood Is Getting a Star in Hollywood | Carrie Underwood Is Getting a Star in Hollywood

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    So delighted for Carrie. Congrats for her. She truly deserves it. Yeah!
    I'm so happy & excited for her!!She truly deserves this HUGE honor after all of the hard work to get where she is today & this couldn't have happened to a more humble,talented & beautiful person inside and out!!As a longtime fan,this is truly an honor for her & for all of us fans!!She is one of the few people that actually deserves this honor so I'm so overjoyed that her time has come!!A HUGE congratulations to her for this worthy honor!!God has truly bestowed his blessings on her & it truly shows!!Talent & class will always win out in the end & she has that in spades!!Love her so much!!Congratulations,Carrie!!
    lizcarlo and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Thu, 22 June 2017 at 8:38 pm

Hollywood Walk of Fame 2018: Jennifer Lawrence, Carrie Underwood, Steve Irwin, & More Will Receive Stars

Jennifer Lawrence, Carrie Underwood, and the late Steve Irwin have all earned stars on next year’s Hollywood Walk of Fame!
    The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced the honorees on Thursday (June 22).
    “The Committee looked carefully at each nominee, and we feel that we have selected an eclectic group of talent that will appeal to the tastes of many fans around the world,” Vin Di Bona, chair of the selection committee, said.
    “As a Walk of Famer myself, I know these honorees will remember the dedication of their stars with great memories and will be proud that they are part of Hollywood’s history now and forever,” he added.
    Recipients have two years to schedule their ceremonies from the date of selection.
    Check out the full list of honorees below!
    Motion Pictures: Jennifer Lawrence, Jack Black, Kirsten Dunst, Jeff Goldblum, F. Gary Gray, Mark Hamill, Gina Lollobrigida, Minnie Mouse, Nick Nolte, and Zoe Saldana
    Television: Anthony Anderson, Gillian Anderson, Lynda Carter, Simon Cowell, RuPaul, Taraji P. Henson, Eric McCormack, Ryan Murphy, Niecy Nash, Mandy Patinkin, Shonda Rhimes, and the late Steve Irwin

Recording: Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Richard Branson, Petula Clark, Harry Connick Jr., Ice T, Snoop Dogg, “Weird Al” Yankovic

Concert Stars
    It just hit me that Simon Cowell and Carrie are getting their stars the same year! that is so cool!

And Carrie got one before either TayTay or Kelly Clarkson. hehe

Concert Stars
    Watch the official announcement of Carrie's name here!

Hollywood Walk of Fame

Insane Carrie Fan
    This is so cool! Congrats Carrie! And I love Jennifer Lawrence too, so it's cool they are getting one the same year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    What a HUGE honor and congrats to Carrie......

Concert Stars
    I'm so happy for Carrie, and she deserves the Star.

Question -- is this star free or does someone have to pay for it?

Concert Stars
    This is fantastic news! I've always thought this honor was one of the signs that a person has truly "arrived" and that their celebrity legacy was "secured". I'll bet Universal had a hand in this strategy, pushing for this at this stage in Carrie's career. Brilliant!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    This is fantastic news! I've always thought this honor was one of the signs that a person has truly "arrived" and that their celebrity legacy was "secured". I'll bet Universal had a hand in this strategy, pushing for this at this stage in Carrie's career. Brilliant!

Interesting that that you mention Carrie's new record label. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that UMG initiated this.The candidate must have or have had a 'stellar' career to be considered for a 'Star' on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A committee makes the final selection.I believe a fee is required to pay for the making of the star that is placed on the Hollywood walk of fame and the smaller version for the artist to take home..I remember that Carrie participated in the ceremony for Simon Fuller's Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
    This is great publicity and public acknowledgement of Carrie's achievements.
    How's that ACM, CMA!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    I'm so happy for Carrie, and she deserves the Star.

Question -- is this star free or does someone have to pay for it?
    It gets paid for by her team basically. This is a publicity opportunity that gets hammered out by her people submitting her to a committee.

I think this is fantastic! I am so happy and proud of her........ This is for history!
    Mirasa45A, pgk, Suellen and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Minnie Mouse is finally getting one!!! Great company Carrie!!
    pgk, ethelu, gwade82 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Interesting that that you mention Carrie's new record label. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that UMG initiated this.The candidate must have or have had a 'stellar' career to be considered for a 'Star' on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A committee makes the final selection.I believe a fee is required to pay for the making of the star that is placed on the Hollywood walk of fame and the smaller version for the artist to take home..I remember that Carrie participated in the ceremony for Simon Fuller's Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
    This is great publicity and public acknowledgement of Carrie's achievements.
    How's that ACM, CMA!
    This is also an advertisement for the new "American Idol 2018", that is why Carrie is "Class of 2018".
    pgk likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    This is also an advertisement for the new "American Idol 2018", that is why Carrie is "Class of 2018".
    But just because she's in the class of 2018 doesn't mean she'll be getting her star during 2018. Depending on timing, they allow for a two year period for them to have the ceremony.

The person has to be nominated and this could even be done by fans. And if I remember correctly, the fee is between $2,000 to $3,000.

Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast