Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: The Voice & American Idol Fighting Over Carrie Underwood as a Judge

The Voice & American Idol Fighting Over Carrie Underwood as a Judge

What do you guys think? Any validity to this?

?The Voice? & ?American Idol? Want Carrie Underwood As A Judge - Hollywood Life

‘The Voice’ is shaking in its boots now that ‘American Idol’ is returning to TV. The show is so worried about its future that HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned they’re hoping to ‘lock down some big names’ to be future judges, including Carrie Underwood.

“The Voice is not taking the return of American Idol lightly and wants to lock down some big names to be exclusive to their show — one name that The Voice wants as a future coach is Carrie Underwood. The problem is that American Idol wants her as well. So she is in the driver’s seat and can really choose her destiny when it comes to doing one of the shows or not. Let the bidding war begin,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

OMG! We’re dying over here. We don’t really care which show Carrie lands on, as long as she lands on one of them. Obviously, Carrie won Season 4 of American Idol in 2005, so she has history with the show, but it sounds like her choice is all going to come down to who’s willing to pay her more. Click here to see more pics of Carrie Underwood!

But if Carrie does join Idol, she probably won’t be the only familiar face returning for the reboot. Not only is Idol hoping Kelly Clarkson will also join the series as a judge, but Ryan Seacrest is all but a lock to host again.

After running for 15 seasons on Fox, American Idol will return in March 2018, but this time, it’ll air on ABC. “American Idol on ABC…that has a nice ring to it,” Disney/ABC Television Group president and Disney Media Networks co-chairman Ben Sherwood said in a statement on May 9, when the news was announced. “Idol is an entertainment icon, and now it will air where it belongs, in ABC’s lineup of addictive fan favorites alongside Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor. America, get ready for the return of a bigger, bolder and better-than- ever Idol.”

Nothing else has been made official, but we certainly hope Carrie joins Idol as a judge!

HollywoodLifers, which show do YOU think Carrie Underwood should be a judge on? Tell us below!
    rainbow1, oldyfan, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    I don't really anticipate Carrie doing either one. And really, I don't really want her too. I know that current stars are doing them these days, but to me it still screams "I'm washed up." Same with being on Dancing With the Stars. In my mind, that's what you do when you aren't currently having enough success to fill your schedule.
    Last edited by DazzledByCarrie; 05-11-2017 at 07:04 PM.

^^Agree with this, I'm not too keen on Carrie accepting any of these gigs. Being a judge will take up a huge chunk of her time, and I don't want her attention to be divided between creating her music and being a judge on this show. We've seen what The Voice gig did to Blake Shelton - yes, he became so popular, but as a consequence he had less time to devote to his music. Sure, he still released albums (quality is questionable though), but he had less time for a proper tour and Opry appearances.

I'd rather Carrie focus on her music, expand her reach, explore other songwriting collaborations, than to becoming a judge for AI or The Voice.

I don't think its a possibility. There is no need for her to be judge on either of those shows maybe like guest for one episode when promoting single. She is on new label and doing so well. More in likely wanting to expand to have career in other Countries. No need to tie herself down on show when she has so much else going for her and the possibility of doing other fun things.
    mooret and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Lol Carrie never even performed on The Voice! And much less now that AI is back. I would like to see her as a guest judge or be a judge for one season when she gets pregnant but not now.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Now I could get on board with a one season deal during a pregnancy...
    ethelu, oldyfan, _luvqry and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Sure for one season it would be fun.
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Hollywood Life is a joke. It's probably made up for website hits.

Concert Stars
    I for one am ecstatic that Kelly Clarkson has gone to The Voice. I don't watch that show & wasn't looking forward to watching her on Idol. Win, Win for me!

So Carrie didn't decide yet because it depends on who pays more... ok, stopped reading there

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    Hollywood Life is a joke. It's probably made up for website hits.
    exactly, another of those junk sites that make stuff up,an internet National Enquirer
    DaisyTweets likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    There's no "There" there.....
    ethelu likes this.

Oh, so smart... so clever... As my avatar says, it goes the same for you

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Maybe if she was a judge they would actually give her CMA EOTY finally (insert side-eye emoji here). Although I don't think Carrie will do either show anytime in the near future, I would think that the Voice format would be more suitable to her personality in that she is a coach rather than a judge. Although I think she would still find it hard to have to choose between her team members when it gets to the battle rounds. I think her being a guest coach/mentor on the shows will happen long before she is a permanent cast member (and yes, it is a television cast). I'm sure either show would pay huge money to get her. Maybe in another 5-10 years she would consider it. Also, although I prefer the Voice format, I think Carrie is still very loyal to Idol and I don't think she would do the Voice if Idol is back on tv.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    I am sure Carrie was approached though. That part is very believable to me. She is a huge ratings draw and the face of American Idol. NBC loves her too and has a connection with her due to SNF.

So I have no doubt she was asked. My only question is whether Carrie would consider it. I think once she said she would prefer to be a mentor or guest judge, but not a regular judge.
    rainbow1 and DazzledByCarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am sure Carrie was approached though. That part is very believable to me. She is a huge ratings draw and the face of American Idol. NBC loves her too and has a connection with her due to SNF.

So I have no doubt she was asked. My only question is whether Carrie would consider it. I think once she said she would prefer to be a mentor or guest judge, but not a regular judge.
    Idol is returning on ABC.....

Concert Stars
    I don't see her doing it. I can't see her being critical of young performers and on AI, always being nice is considered boring. Plus, I'd rather her focus on music and be free to tour. It would be great if she were a mentor for a week though.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ please no, they need someone who's not doing it just for PR
    Claire2004, rainbow1 and liz278 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast