Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1666Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Junior Carrie Follower northtexas's Avatar

Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

From Music Row:
    https://www.musicrow.com/2017/03/car...l-music-group/

Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Print This Post Jessica Nicholson • March 28, 2017 •

Universal Music Group (UMG) has inked a new worldwide recording agreement with seven-time GRAMMY® Award winner and two-time ACM Entertainer of the Year, Carrie Underwood. Underwood’s label home will be Capitol Records Nashville, one of four labels that form Universal Music Group Nashville.
    Sir Lucian Grainge, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group said, “I’m so thrilled that Carrie has decided to make Capitol Records Nashville and UMG her home globally. As a talented writer, recording artist, performer and actor, Carrie is that exceptionally rare artist who can do it all. I know I speak on behalf of our teams around the world when I say that we look forward to executing her creative vision and bringing her musical career to the next level.”
    Mike Dungan, Universal Music Group Nashville Chairman and CEO shares, “Already a top tier force in country music, Carrie’s vast talents and creative bravery show that she is an artist who is prepared to take on a wide range of artistic challenges. We are excited for the future, and honored by her decision to make Universal Music Group her label partner in representing this worldwide superstar in the next phase of her career.”
    UMG Nashville President, Cindy Mabe was part of the team who launched Carrie’s first album, the eight times platinum, Some Hearts. “When I decided to take my position with Capitol Records in 2007, personally one of the hardest people for me to leave behind was Carrie Underwood,” explains Mabe. “We were a team and I had the opportunity to watch her leave American Idol as a kid and mature into one of the most important artists with the most powerful voice in music. It was amazing to be a small part of that ride. I am so proud and humbled that she has chosen to sign with Universal Music Group Nashville and that we will once again join forces as she writes the next chapter of her soaring career as a global superstar of enormous integrity and talent.”
    Underwood states, “It’s so inspiring to me as an artist to feel this excited about the future. The incredible team at UMG shares the heart and passion I have for music as well as the drive, and their innovative spirit has shown that together the possibilities are endless.”
    “I also want to be sure to thank every single person who has played a part in my recording career so far. I will be forever grateful to them for all we achieved together,” adds Underwood.
    Universal Music Group Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville. Reading like a “who’s who” of Music Row, the combined rosters include Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, Brandon Lay, Brothers Osborne, Canaan Smith, Chris Stapleton, Clare Dunn, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Easton Corbin, Eric Church, Eric Paslay, Gary Allan, George Strait, Haley Georgia, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Lady Antebellum, Lauren Alaina, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Mickey Guyton, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain, Sugarland, The Band Perry and Vince Gill.
    txacar, Gator, teesharky and 21 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I couldn't believe the headline of this post when I saw it! Wow, Carrie sure as heck keeps us on our toes!
    Ann055, Gator, bluetb4 and 7 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

YES! Thank you Carrie! I am so proud of you! Congratulations!
    Gator, bluetb4, Hil and 6 others like this.

I thought this might happen when Sony hired Big Machines' VP Marketing to develop new artists. They've made no secret that is their business plan. So happy Carrie made this decision and can't wait to see what UMG does for her to capitalize on their investment. They probably shelled out big bucks to close the deal.
    bluetb4, Hil, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Congrats Carrie. I'll always support her and be a fan no matter what. Looks like she is great company at her new label. :-)
    Inspired, bluetb4, Hil and 4 others like this.

New music soon????

Carrie Underwood Makes a Big Move

posted by Dustin Stout - Just now

The next chapter of Carrie Underwood’s story is about to unfold.

The country superstar will release new music as part of a worldwide deal with the Universal Music Group. An artist with Sony Music Nashville since her win on American Idol in 2005, Carrie will now share a record label home with the likes of Lady Antebellum, Eric Church, Luke Bryan and current “The Fighter” duet partner Keith Urban.

Related: Cody Helps Carrie Underwood Celebrate 100 Shows at the Opry

“It’s so inspiring to me as an artist to feel this excited about the future,” Carrie says. “The incredible team at UMG shares the heart and passion I have for music as well as the drive, and their innovative spirit has shown that together the possibilities are endless.”

The “Dirty Laundry” singer’s new agreement will focus on expanding her career globally.

Related: Carrie Underwood Is Taking a Break

The move is the first word of new music from Carrie since she announced earlier this year her plan to take a break and spend time at home with family.

No official word when fans can expect to hear new music from Carrie.

Read more: ​[/SIZE]]Carrie Underwood Makes a Big Move | CMT Cody Alan | CMT Radio Live + CMT After MidNite + CMT All Access

Love this part "The incredible team at UMG shares the heart and passion I have for music as well as the drive, and their innovative spirit has shown that together the possibilities are endless.”

Seems like she feel that she could not grow as an artist as she was stuck.

I also feel a pop country record coming back now more than ever!

Im ready for a new renovated era!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I really do think Baby Fisher #2 will be delayed until after a new album for the new label. Gosh, with her and Keith under the same umbrella, maybe they can do the Super Bowl halftime show together! I hope The Fighter becomes a pop hit somehow, which would help them get the gig. It's NBC's year for the Super Bowl.

We might as well dream big!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Also how this will imact in her chances at EOTY at the ACM's ? She will lost all the Sony support?

Wow focus on expand her career globally! Carrie should be international superstar long time ago!

Junior Carrie Follower
    That's awesome, even though it crushes my hope for a release of Choctaw County Affair(slim as that hope was). What a wasted opportunity ��. Oh well, on to the next chapter!

UMG Nashville President, Cindy Mabe was part of the team who launched Carrie’s first album, the eight times platinum, Some Hearts.

Come on Cindy! Do your thing! Lol
    Kizmet311, bluetb4, Hil and 3 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I still think she will take the rest of the year off, probably baby Fisher 2 soon because I imagine this deal has been in the works for a while.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    I still think she will take the rest of the year off, probably baby Fisher 2 soon because I imagine this deal has been in the works for a while.
    Either that or Carrie was just playing everything down and staying mum, because she wasn't ready to let us know that HUGE things were happening in her career!
    Claire2004 likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Hah. That was a MASSIVE surprise news! See guys, don't need to worry about Carrie's label anymore!

My excitement for the next album has just tripled! You know they will go ALL OUT to make it her best and promote the heck out of it! Also, perhaps finally more crossover/international success!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northtexas View Post
    UMG Nashville President, Cindy Mabe was part of the team who launched Carrie’s first album, the eight times platinum, Some Hearts. “When I decided to take my position with Capitol Records in 2007, personally one of the hardest people for me to leave behind was Carrie Underwood,” explains Mabe. “We were a team and I had the opportunity to watch her leave American Idol as a kid and mature into one of the most important artists with the most powerful voice in music. It was amazing to be a small part of that ride. I am so proud and humbled that she has chosen to sign with Universal Music Group Nashville and that we will once again join forces as she writes the next chapter of her soaring career as a global superstar of enormous integrity and talent.”
    I got excited reading this. Cindy Mabe knows what needs to be done!

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    OH
    MY
    GOD

Quote Originally Posted by yehchern View Post
    Wow focus on expand her career globally! Carrie should be international superstar long time ago!
    To be fair, Sony wanted her to tour Australia early in her career. Carrie didn't think she was ready and waited another 4 or 5 years before she finally agreed to the little introductory week long visit.
    yehchern and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Holy crop big news! Busy at work right now but I shocked yet happy. The change will do her good with So y giving all the attention to Maren now as well as Miranda. The Grammys really hurt with Carrie still not getting an album nom while maren got it over her and won solo. Carrie deserved that win. ST was the best album of her career. Miranda didn't even bother to attend Grammys as I think she knew the label was backing Maren.

Too many females on one label hurts Carrie. This label has no big females but Carrie.
    Hil, rainbow1, Cps235 and 6 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If we take into account Universal, it:

1. has more pull on radio. It's the #1 music group on radio.
    2. has far more pull worldwide. #1 music group worldwide.

Now add these key factors to Carrie's huge name in entertainment.

I CANNOT BREATHE.

I AM SO EXCITED

•  
    Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast