Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1666Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Nobody wants to be in a label that pick Smoke Break as a lead single! Lol I predict that was the moment that Carrie make some calls! LMAO!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I am so excited about this!! Almost all of us have wanted a move for quite some time! I'm so glad she did it! Carrie was not a priority at Sony anymore. Randy Goodman is a GREAT businessman, do not get me wrong, but he has a goal of helping new artists succeed.

In regards to the ACMs, I see this as a good thing. In my mind, the deal was not sealed when many of the final round votes were coming in. This being said, I'm sure Sony had people voting for her in hopes she would stay and UMG had people voting for her hoping she would join them. I may not be right, but that is my take on it. I'm sure contracts were offered to Carrie and were probably signed late Feb or Early March. This is most likely why ST definitely did not get a 5th single. It would not benefit Sony if Carrie left.

Once again, I am so happy for Carrie and I feel reenergized as a fan! Onward and upward for CU and Team Carrie!

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Maybe Carrie got tired of sitting on the sidelines during the award shows because EVERYONE in the world knows that at least 5 for the FVOTY awards from each show should've been hers. As well as nominations in other categories!!!! Oh goodness the butterflies in my stomach! I can just imagine how Carrie must have felt as she was trying to make this decision. I mean we all know how loyal she is!!!

Do you think that Mike D. is at the same level of pull in the industry that Joe G. back in his day???? All down hill for Carrie when he retired.
    For awards, she would still need WME, though Universal might have a bigger pull regardless. But WME would be a key factor for her to recover her award pull.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Maybe she wanted to release RR first but they say no like they probably say no to CCA that's why she left Sony.
    CarrieAddicted likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I can not tell you how happy I am that she's left SN!!!
    They have undervalued her for years!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future award shows just got a lot more interesting. Carrie vs Maren/Miranda.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Wow. This is really shocking!

Why do I feel kind of sad about it?

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Nobody wants to be in a label that pick Smoke Break as a lead single! Lol I predict that was the moment that Carrie make some calls! LMAO!
    Right? And she said she had picked another single as lead and Sony forced Smoke Break upon her. She must have gotten so pissed off. 5th album, 10 years, and they force a single upon her? Please!!!

Fun factor: have you ever noticed how pissed off she looks in the Smoke Break video? LMAAAAAO
    simonplay likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    yes odds are sony didn't push for her at all knowing she was leaving for the ACM's.

I bet Carrie must have talked to Keith a lot about this especially during their Australian/NZ tour.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh the timing of this is all so fascinating to me. Heading into the ACMs who's the artist that is capturing all the headlines -- CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!! First we have her 100th show at the Opry (and that's no small feat) and now this label changing move!!! Wow BIG stuff happening in Carrie's world!!!
    maddkat, rainbow1, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I bet that idol lawsuit against Sony also played a part in Carrie leaving. According to the lawsuit idol artists, including Carrie and Kelly Clarkson, had been shorted millions from Sony. Kelly has already left them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    Right? And she said she had picked another single as lead and Sony forced Smoke Break upon her. She must have gotten so pissed off. 5th album, 10 years, and they force a single upon her? Please!!!

Fun factor: have you ever noticed how pissed off she looks in the Smoke Break video? LMAAAAAO
    Lol she looks pissed off in almost all the Smoke Break performances too! Like bored to death!

Hil
    Lol she looks pissed off in almost all the Smoke Break performances too! Like bored to death!
    Carrie wrote the song...I highly doubt she was pissed out it lol

Concert Stars
    "Now I'm singing along to Amazing Grace, can nobody wipe this smile off my face"

I AM SO HAPPY SHE LEFT SN

maddkat, Hil, bluetb4 and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't think so. Just this past weekend she chose to sing it at the Opry. SB is a wonderful song and a much better lead single the RR( which I suspect Carrie thought would lead) would have been.

SN has been pushing everyone and their mother over Carrie for so long.I mean they couldn't even scare up a single spin to get her #1 on BB for DL. Pitiful.It'll be nice to be on a label that will actually pay her attention.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Oh man I was really hoping for a dvd of the Storyteller tour, do you guys think this is out for sure for sure????????
    this may be why we never got the dvd:-(
    glenn7 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Carrie wrote the song...I highly doubt she was pissed out it lol
    Im not talking about the song, I like SB. Im talking about her label picking SB as a lead single.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    Wow. This is really shocking!

Why do I feel kind of sad about it?

I have no idea. You should be dancing in the streets
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Aside from the #1 BB pushes and lack of support on the Award shows, I don't think Carrie was mistreated by Sony. She said that she fought to get CB as a single and they obliged. The problem was that Sony could of pushed more for Carrie but bc she was so constint and still an A+star, they gave attention to other artists or went with the crowd (Miranda is still the only female on WME, so don't be shocked if she wins FV).

ALSO Carrie fought for NO REMIX and SONY honored it; I highly doubt she will want to now.

They also got Carrie a CMA EOTY nom but freaking WME gave it to Garth.

We will see how thing turns out. I hope it's all for the best.

AND I WANT CARRIE TO HEADLINE SB O HER OWN,NO KEITH PLEASE!!!!!
    bluejeanbaby likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast