Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Like Tree1649Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Sure, we all buy copies of the albums, but casual fans might not if she releases 3+ singles before the album comes out. Just doesn't seem like a good plan to me.
    DazzledByCarrie, Jae and lovelyT like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Sure, we all buy copies of the albums, but casual fans might not if she releases 3+ singles before the album comes out. Just doesn't seem like a good plan to me.
    Agree,I don't like the idea either.It's just gonna further lower cds sales.Pretty soon the cd will be extinct and we'll get nothing but singles.
    DazzledByCarrie and lovelyT like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    I don't like the idea either. I really like holding that cd in my hot little hands!!!!

3 singles is too much but a lead single and a second single just in time to the album release week to add excitment is an amazing idea, plus she can perform both songs in all the TV shows and not just the lead single over and over again.

Plus she released 3 promo singles before the album drop with Play On (Undo It, Temporary Home and Mama's Song) and I think she did the same thing with BA. So people will buy the albums even if they already have 3 o 4 songs.

She should have released Heartbeat before the album release and ST could have sold much more.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Agree,I don't like the idea either.It's just gonna further lower cds sales.Pretty soon the cd will be extinct and we'll get nothing but singles.
    Exactly, build suspense for the rest of the album, don't give a quarter of it away before it's out.
    lovelyT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Back to the future. Agree with you on cd's -- I remember the old 78's with an A side and B side. Not even sure if they had albums then. Think the vinyl Long Play might have been album precursor, then 8 track tapes. Lol. Don't need to go back there.

•  
    Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526