Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Like Tree1666Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Concert Stars
    Carrie is not on their floating array of artists yet on the home page-- but it is fascinating to watch this and see the huge names on Carrie's label now. Ie- Beatles, Stones, Elton John, Katy Perry, Gaga, Kanye, Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, U2, The Weekend, Drake, Eminem, etc. It goes on and on.

UMG - Universal Music Group
    lizcarlo, txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    We should be able to express our views in a respectful manner. As long as we can say what we need without attacking each other, it will be okay lol. But, some posts definitely will be emotionally charged as someone else put it. I have to admit to being one of those emotionally charged people sometimes, but I try to do it respectfully if I can.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^ That's cool how they display the artists like that....... So many big big names, she is in good company......

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I may be late to the party - haven't been on in a couple days and it may be back on topic now, but as Donna said - this thread is to discuss Carrie's new deal with UMG. Please take discussion of what/ who is/isn't country to the general music forum. Thanks!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Why is it that someone having a different opinion is a hater?
    Because if you don't hate Taylor and think she's worse than the devil you are a hater.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Honestly some people can be like a pack of angry dogs ganging up on someone if you don't agree. I respect that some of you worship the ground Taylor walks on- but no need to jump all over me as a gang. I am entitled to my opinion too without being attacked and shamed for it.

Bottom line: everyone has a different belief as to what it means to be country and that is fine. But I never believed TS as a country artist. I believe her now as a pop artist as that was always where she belonged from day 1.
    I agree Tee!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    teesharky likes this.

Honestly some people can be like a pack of angry dogs ganging up on someone if you don't agree. I respect that some of you worship the ground Taylor walks on- but no need to jump all over me as a gang. I am entitled to my opinion too without being attacked and shamed for it.

Bottom line: everyone has a different belief as to what it means to be country and that is fine. But I never believed TS as a country artist. I believe her now as a pop artist as that was always where she belonged from day 1.
    Tee... nobody is bashing you. I just wish you will try to be more open to other opinions sometimes, without thinking people are ganging up on you. Nobody is trying to change your mind, but some are definitely curious of how your view of what authentic country is.

For example, you mentioned Jo Dee Messina is from Boston but you believe her when she sings country. I personally don't get how your "not being from South" doesn't apply to her in this case. Keith Urban was born in NZ, lived in Australia, far from authentic country regions in US lol. Darius Rucker was far from country early on as well.

Personally, I find it harder to accept someone like Cassadee Pope. From day 1 you know she's only in country just because there's a better chance to succeed.

Carrie is not on their floating array of artists yet on the home page-- but it is fascinating to watch this and see the huge names on Carrie's label now. Ie- Beatles, Stones, Elton John, Katy Perry, Gaga, Kanye, Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, U2, The Weekend, Drake, Eminem, etc. It goes on and on.

UMG - Universal Music Group
    There is amazing big names and very talented artists. I am so excited for her future. Cant wait to see what's in store for her especially international.
    Gator and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    I wonder what ever happened to the UK tour Carrie had mentioned last year at C2C? I had expected it to happen after the North American leg of the Storyteller tour, like this spring.

Perhaps the new label can help with that.
    lolita55 likes this.

Just a random observation...Universal has now taken over the copyright on Carrie's official website. Sony had remained at the bottom for quite awhile after the announcement. I wondered if Universal was waiting until the new album look was rolled out, but they clearly have not waited and are in full control.

Concert Stars
    Of note-- as it could apply to Carrie--- UMG is having a trend of releasing several lead singles before the album drops. It worked well for Keith Urban, so Sam Hunt said he is doing it too. I would be happy if they have Carrie do that too as that could mean a new lead single this fall, and maybe a 2nd lead single after, with the album dropping later. Fine by me as it keeps the buzz going and we have something to look forward to sooner. Hope she follows this trend.
    Kizmet311, PRGuy79 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Tee... nobody is bashing you. I just wish you will try to be more open to other opinions sometimes, without thinking people are ganging up on you. Nobody is trying to change your mind, but some are definitely curious of how your view of what authentic country is.

For example, you mentioned Jo Dee Messina is from Boston but you believe her when she sings country. I personally don't get how your "not being from South" doesn't apply to her in this case. Keith Urban was born in NZ, lived in Australia, far from authentic country regions in US lol. Darius Rucker was far from country early on as well.

Personally, I find it harder to accept someone like Cassadee Pope. From day 1 you know she's only in country just because there's a better chance to succeed.
    Right. But I never actually said you MUST be from the South to be considered country. I meant it is a factor I consider in the whole picture. I agree that Keith is country but Australia is a different country altogether with genuine, sincere country roots in their own neck of the woods. So you cannot judge Keith by the same standards. Darius and JoDee are clearly not the norm, but I believe them both when they sing country. I guess I just don't believe or buy the whole "package" Taylor tried to sell us as country. Even if she was born in Texas, I still do not believe her. She is much more Britney than Faith Hill. Just my opinion from day 1.
    Josh likes this.

I wonder what ever happened to the UK tour Carrie had mentioned last year at C2C? I had expected it to happen after the North American leg of the Storyteller tour, like this spring.

Perhaps the new label can help with that.
    That was Sony Global. Hopefully, UMG will arrange same with her new music.
    teesharky, lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Of note-- as it could apply to Carrie--- UMG is having a trend of releasing several lead singles before the album drops. It worked well for Keith Urban, so Sam Hunt said he is doing it too. I would be happy if they have Carrie do that too as that could mean a new lead single this fall, and maybe a 2nd lead single after, with the album dropping later. Fine by me as it keeps the buzz going and we have something to look forward to sooner. Hope she follows this trend.
    I personally have never cared for multiple singles being released before albums drop. I know the general public probably doesn't, because they just want the singles and will probably never listen to the album. For me, however, it takes away a lot of the album excitement if I already know a bunch of songs from it. I even do a month long fast of not listening to the lead single before the album drops so that I'm still excited to hear it on the album. I always refrain from listening to "promotional singles" (like RR, Heartbeat, and WINKIAW) and stuff too because, I really want to hear them, but it's not worth messing with my personal enjoyment of the album to wait a few more weeks.
    Josh and lovelyT like this.

Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie would follow in the same route as Keith and Sam, I've bought all of Carrie's albums no doubt, but there are some albums where I wish I didn't have every song cause there are some songs I don't particularly like on some albums so I wish I could just buy what songs I want and that be it, I don't like every single song Carrie has put out on all her albums. I like most of them but there are some I can live without, so I wouldn't be sad if they would try and do that with Carrie and release a few singles before the full album comes out.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The more singles she releases before the album the more copies of the album she won't sell. I feel if she releases 3 singles before the album drops she'll sell less copies than one single being released. Anticipation would be lower as most of the singles are done. I just don't like the idea. I feel it hurts album sales, at least for country artists, they aren't as big single artists as they are album artists. I trust Universal will know the best route, I just hope it's not release single after single without an album.
    DazzledByCarrie and lovelyT like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ It doesn't seem to have hurt Keith's sales, though he doesn't sell as much as he used to (does anyone?) so it is hard to say.

I guess I am fine with 2 lead singles, and then the album. 3 lead singles is a bit much.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    I hope Carrie would follow in the same route as Keith and Sam, I've bought all of Carrie's albums no doubt, but there are some albums where I wish I didn't have every song cause there are some songs I don't particularly like on some albums so I wish I could just buy what songs I want and that be it, I don't like every single song Carrie has put out on all her albums. I like most of them but there are some I can live without, so I wouldn't be sad if they would try and do that with Carrie and release a few singles before the full album comes out.
    There are some albums that I do not care for a song or two, but I buy the album to support Carrie. I also buy the single songs on iTunes. Wish all her fans would buy the Album instead of picking out individual songs. What is a few bucks to support our girl.

^I always buy her albums (multiple copies for gifts). I buy the songs I really like for my iPod -- have all of my favorite music there to play in the car.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^I always buy her albums (multiple copies for gifts). I buy the songs I really like for my iPod -- have all of my favorite music there to play in the car.
    I buy multiple ones for MYSELF... one for work, one for each car, one for home, and also for gifts (whether they want them or not...LOL).
    rainbow1 and lovelyT like this.

•  
    Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast