Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1665Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Junior Carrie Follower gagacasanova's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thank you Jesus. Sony sabotaged her, to be honest. Remember that whole radio thing with Something in the Water?

Keith has how many singles now from his current album?? Maybe we'll get more than 4 for Carrie, now (unless it was Carrie's decision to release and promote 4).
    bluetb4, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    Maybe Sony wouldn't let her do a gospel album?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Carrie Follower gagacasanova's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hopefully now we'll get a proper era.
    CarrieAddicted and gwade82 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Universal also owns Republic records, which is a main label on Top 40, AC, mainstream radio. That's the label that helps Taylor Swift cross over.
    Capitol and Republic usually promotes their artists' music together.

THE CROSSOVER IS BACK.

The #1 country artist on radio now is part of the biggest music group on radio.

THE SATURATION IS REAL.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT
    Hil, gwade82, snoopytan86 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Signs With Universal Music Group

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I really do think Baby Fisher #2 will be delayed until after a new album for the new label. Gosh, with her and Keith under the same umbrella, maybe they can do the Super Bowl halftime show together! I hope The Fighter becomes a pop hit somehow, which would help them get the gig. It's NBC's year for the Super Bowl.

We might as well dream big!
    Thats what I'm thinking to baby Fisher will be on hold. That's why I'm almost thinking a gospel album this fall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DazzledByCarrie and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    Christ!! I'm so freaking exited!

Just don't rush things up!

Take your time, Carrie, we can all wait for perfection.
    I can now wait even longer. 2018, 2019.
    If it's for the best, I can wait whatever long time it may be for the massive comeback.

To be honest, ever since Cindy Mabe was appointed President of UMG Nashville, I've been wondering if this might happen - even so, the announcement came out of the blue.

She is regarded as one of the most active and predominant forces in Nashville today - and her present roster has arguably looked lightest where it comes to having a leading female star. In that sense, signing Carrie seems a natural fit. I think one of her key strengths has been in exploring a variety of marketing methods, and cross-format promotion.

Sir Lucian Grainge - the global UMG chief - is a legend, associated with the careers of some of the most prominent British Rock stars - and lately with Blues and Pop stars like Amy Winehouse and Rihanna. He is the only exec to have come top of the Billboard record industry listings three times - all recently.

At this stage we can only speculate - and we don't know how much career control Carrie herself will have - but, for what it's worth, these are some pointers where I believe UMG have been a little different in emphasis from the Sony Group:
    ---Internationally, UMG have tended to promote their American stars more heavily as Pop figures (this was done, for example, with Shania Twain, Lady Antebellum, and Taylor Swift. Fans here noted a big difference between Taylor's early promotion by Big Machine - which was low key, student-oriented and Country-leaning, and that adopted when UMG took over, barely mentioning Country, promoting mainly below the College demographic, and heavily stressing the pop sensation image)
    ---In Nashville, their roster is mixed. They have Chris Stapleton on Mercury, who has made the biggest impact on the Roots wing of the currently stylistically divided Mainstream, but is not really a radio artist, and they have an Alt Country-leaning label, Lost Highway. However, more of their radio chart stars seem to lean towards the most Pop-influenced wing of the current Mainstream - and I would say this is what they are most noted for. (The "Fighter" collaboration is what I would regard as pretty symbolic stylistically of much of UMG's publicly best-known output today.)
    bluetb4, HuiZ, Hil and 7 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I wonder if she will leave CAA for WME too?

WME has a global presence that CAA lacks. It would help her even more.
    I can already see Carrie on their models catalog for promotion deals.

Not to mention the awards push she would get.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh man I was really hoping for a dvd of the Storyteller tour, do you guys think this is out for sure for sure????????

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh man this news has given me butterflies in my stomach!!!!

Why do you suppose they announced this today?????

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I hope this don't hurt the CMA's hosting gig.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Oh man I was really hoping for a dvd of the Storyteller tour, do you guys think this is out for sure for sure????????
    Not necessarily - unless she's paid, probably millions, for a buy-out of her material - the Sony Group still own all her recordings. What often happens is that labels try to milk their holdings for further sales. As all the songs on the tour presumably come under her previous contract, they could probably issue a DVD. (Of course, we don't know the terms of any negotiations - but, in general, it would even be possible for Sony to issue a whole new album by a departing artist, from any unissued masters they might hold.)
    rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    I don't think this will. CMA wants Carrie and I believe her management handles it. (Now the crappy push for DL make sense, she was so close to#1 but they messed up)

Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    I doubt if that would be a risk. UMG are a big force on the Nashville scene
    rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

I think it is probably time for a change and I am excited at the prospects posed by new creative energy, but change is always scary. I trust Carrie's management team to have her best interests at heart.

Hil
    Is Cindy Mabe the new Joe Galante?...Yea she is lol I mean in terms of getting Carrie some credit.
    liz278, bluetb4, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I don't think this will. CMA wants Carrie and I believe her management handles it. (Now the crappy push for DL make sense, she was so close to#1 but they messed up)
    You mean the whole Storyteller era, right? Now all makes sense. The crappy marketing plan for that album, dating back to Something in the Water in early 2015.
    I would say the negotiations with Universal started or were closed at the end of 2014/early 2015. That would explain the crappy strategy for her supposedly last album with Sony, Storyteller. Sony usually does nothing for an artist's last album, see Kelly Clarkson.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Maybe Carrie got tired of sitting on the sidelines during the award shows because EVERYONE in the world knows that at least 5 of the last 7 years for the FVOTY awards from each show should've been hers. As well as nominations in other categories!!!! Oh goodness the butterflies in my stomach! I can just imagine how Carrie must have felt as she was trying to make this decision. I mean we all know how loyal she is!!!

Do you think that Mike D. is at the same level of pull in the industry that Joe G. back in his day???? All down hill for Carrie when he retired.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Maybe this is why Storyteller wasn't a nominee and Miranda's was for ACM's AOTY. I still hope Carrie wins Sunday.
    rainbow1 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast