Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood on Taking a Break to Be a Mom and Wife

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood on Taking a Break to Be a Mom and Wife

Grammys 2017: Carrie Underwood on Taking a Break to Be a Mom and Wife

Carrie Underwood is one of country’s biggest superstars — but right now, she’s enjoying a little time off.

“We just wrapped up the Storyteller Tour and I feel like my life right now, creatively, is kind of a blank space,” Underwood told the People/Entertainment Weekly Network at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, where she teamed up with Keith Urban for an energetic performance of “The Fighter,” their duet which was released on his Ripcord album.

“I’m really excited about that, because you don’t know where you’re going to go,” she continued. “I’m nervous because I want whatever I do next to be amazing, so I’m kind of taking a little break right now and being a mom and being a wife and going to see some hockey games to see my husband play. I’m kind of waiting for lightning to strike and go: ‘Okay, it’s time to get creative and work on new music!’ ”

And Underwood, 33, who shares 23-month-old son Isaiah with her husband Mike Fisher, 36, doesn’t hold back when it comes to cheering on her NHL star hubby.

“I’m like: ‘Yeah! Get ’em!’ ” said Underwood of watching her husband play for the Nashville Predators. “I’m screaming at the TV, or if I’m there I’m screaming and yelling at the refs. It’s good. I’m in it!”

Concert Stars
    Sounds like probably no new album until 2018 at the earliest. Hopefully she doesn't play it too safe next time and experiments more freely with Jay Joyce and, for instance, makes songs that are more organic and stripped down and have strong melodies and harmonies (imagine Do You Think About Me in the hands of Jay Joyce).

Concert Stars
    Yes agree no album
    in 2017. But perhaps a fall lead single and a spring 2018 album?

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I doubt we have an album until summer/fall of 2018 if she plans to have another baby this year. She seems really focused on family this year so that's just my thinking. I think she wants a break and single in the fall just seems less likely.
    glenn7 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Carrie: please make a Gospel album for Christmas 2017 season release!

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Carrie: please make a Gospel album for Christmas 2017 season release!
    Yes, yes, please!
    glenn7 and Gator like this.

Concert Stars
    Gospel album is what I'm here for in 2017

Concert Stars
    Questions: If Carrie did a Gospel album do you think it would be like Reba's? And do you think any Christian radio station will play it?

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    I hope she enjoys her deserved time off. I am not looking forward to the drought but she will come back on fire.
    teesharky, ethelu and Gator like this.

Concert Stars
    She definitely deserves a nice long break from touring. Last year was brutal. But I hope she gets inspired and starts writing soon. I really want a side project possibly like a Christmas album to tide us over until Album 6.
    ethelu and cmarieu like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ I want a Christmas album first, then a Gospel album someday. A Gospel album will be lovely but remember-- those "Christian" haters blasted her for weeks after her amazing SITW performance at the Passion conference. They are against her for her gay marriage support and "short skirts" and songs about violence or killing or one night stands. LMAO As a Christian myself, those people really annoy me with their self-righteousness.
    liz278, ethelu and cmarieu like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I want a Christmas album first, then a Gospel album someday. A Gospel album will be lovely but remember-- those "Christian" haters blasted her for weeks after her amazing SITW performance at the Passion conference. They are against her for her gay marriage support and "short skirts" and songs about violence or killing or one night stands. LMAO As a Christian myself, those people really annoy me with their self-righteousness.
    They obviously don't know her heart. She has a heart of gold and loves the Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gator, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    They obviously don't know her heart. She has a heart of gold and loves the Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When a KLOVE DJ posted on FB the video of her and Crowder singing at Passion, there were a lot of people that commented on the post saying that she couldn't be a Christian since she said that she was okay with gay marriage. They also commented on her song choices, saying Christians don't sing songs like that, and the way she dressed with short skirts and short shorts. So, I know that KLOVE won't be playing her gospel album. Which is sad, because they play Hillary Scott's song, but then she didn't come out and say she "supported" gay marriage.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    She really is taking a break because I don't think she's even doing any festivals or shows during the summer, is she?

ETA: Just double checked and she's got NOTHING scheduled for the summer -- at least so far. I don't think she's ever done that before. Maybe their 'forever' house is going to be ready and they're going to be moving??????

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    This story is everywhere today from the Today Show to CMT.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar

Unhappy

Our sweet Carrie will be missed I hope it's just a break and it's not too long! I guess that also means the CMA hosting duties are over with now! The music world will feel empty while she's gone!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    Our sweet Carrie will be missed I hope it's just a break and it's not too long! I guess that also means the CMA hosting duties are over with now! The music world will feel empty while she's gone!
    Why would you say this? I don't think she'll stop doing that. Besides this year will make the 10 year anniversary for C & B and I think that's a milestone that they both are very proud of.
    ethelu, Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Why would you say this? I don't think she'll stop doing that. Besides this year will make the 10 year anniversary for C & B and I think that's a milestone that they both are very proud of.
    Lol, right!! She said she is taking a little break, that she and Mike are planning a get away during his hockey mini break, and then she will decide what she wants to work on. Knowing Carrie, she won't sit still for long!!
    Gator, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie can release her tour DVD whilst on her break. ;-)
    txacar, liz278, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I really look forward to what this happy, confident, megastar will do next (other than baby Fisher #2). I really think that Carrie will take the time off she needs and will surprise us all! In the meantime, please Carrie, release the ST DVD already! :-)

It's important to remember that when Carrieland is ultra-quiet, she's usually up to something! We will find out "soon" enough! ;-)

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast