Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood on Taking a Break to Be a Mom and Wife

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I don't know how far along they are on their new house, but I bet a lot of her time and thoughts will be about that. If they get to the moving stage....could be a while. This Could ? be a reason she is taking the time off.
    That's probably part of it although if the house is under construction then most of the decisions are already made. Her sister in law is a decorator so they'll likley have professional help when they get to that stage.

I'm with Tee on the feeling that people are overreacting. This isn't unusual. She's always taken a little break after each tour. I stand behind my prediction that unless she's extremely pregnant she will do the CMAs and I expect her schedule to start filling in with events here and there. She's already got the charity event in Canada in March and the ACMs and the Carnival event in April. She's made no secret of the fact that they want another baby on God's timing so a lot will depend on how that works out. Is it bad if I hope for God to give them twins so they might be done 😗?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    That's probably part of it although if the house is under construction then most of the decisions are already made. Her sister in law is a decorator so they'll likley have professional help when they get to that stage.

I'm with Tee on the feeling that people are overreacting. This isn't unusual. She's always taken a little break after each tour. I stand behind my prediction that unless she's extremely pregnant she will do the CMAs and I expect her schedule to start filling in with events here and there. She's already got the charity event in Canada in March and the ACMs and the Carnival event in April. She's made no secret of the fact that they want another baby on God's timing so a lot will depend on how that works out. Is it bad if I hope for God to give them twins so they might be done ?
    I don't know about twins (three kids and two dogs on a tour bus could get pretty crowded!), but I do hope that she gets pregnant sooner rather than later. I want her to be ready to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show if it is offered to her. I also really want her and Brad to host the CMAs for the 10th year and I think she would be there unless her pregnancy was in the last few weeks.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    My biggest disappointment is I expected her to do that U.K. Tour she mentioned at C2C last year. I thought it would be in 2017.
    There is still a lot of time left in the this year, so she might do a mini tour or some festivals in the UK and Ireland.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    OMG you made me laugh so hard as I secretly want Carrie to have twins and pop them out ASAP so that part will be over with and she can focus on the new album. haha

I mean- I want her to be happy and have the family she dreams of...but I want new music too. So female twins sounds perfect. haha Beyonce is doing it right. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post

I'm with Tee on the feeling that people are overreacting. This isn't unusual. She's always taken a little break after each tour. I stand behind my prediction that unless she's extremely pregnant she will do the CMAs and I expect her schedule to start filling in with events here and there. She's already got the charity event in Canada in March and the ACMs and the Carnival event in April. She's made no secret of the fact that they want another baby on God's timing so a lot will depend on how that works out. Is it bad if I hope for God to give them twins so they might be done ?

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Let the girl rest up you guys she been working non-stop for over a year for us she deserves a a break from us and she needs to spend time with her family (Mike) who wasn't with her and their son almost all of last year so.........She not leaving us she's still going to be in the news and online and on award shows (???). Some of us need to stop pressuring her 24/7/365. because that looks that way to me.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    Let the girl rest up you guys she been working non-stop for over a year for us she deserves a a break from us and she needs to spend time with her family (Mike) who wasn't with her and their son almost all of last year so.........She not leaving us she's still going to be in the news and online and on award shows (???). Some of us need to stop pressuring her 24/7/365. because that looks that way to me.
    I don't think anyone is pressuring Carrie.Just a bunch of fans voicing thier opinions about Carrie's latest break.

As far as her working the past year for us I'd argue she worked the past year for herself(except charity events). I know I paid for all my concert tickets, and Opry tickets and the music of hers I have.She did use to do a FCP for the fans but thats no more.Now a select few get some food & she drops by for a second.If you think about it we do way more for her.

I'm not faulting,saying bad things,or insulting Carrie here just stating imo (I realize a very unpopular opinion) she really doesn't do much for the fans.We willing pay for everything.I and I'm guessing everyone here will continue to do that when next she releases music.
    Claire2004, Jae, liz278 and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    She deserves a long break to recover and focus on her family/private life.

I'm here to stay and I can wait whatever "long time" she chooses.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All I want is that, whenever she returns, she returns with a proper BANG.

I want my agressive, ferocious and mainstream Carrie back.

And you know she loves rockers, songs with heavy beat that allows her to be dynamic on the stage (she's said that many times).

I can easily wait a long time for her return.

Concert Stars
    ^ I am not as patient as you Carrie Addicted. haha

Re Touring-- I can wait for the next big tour as ST was so special I am fine waiting for the next one to be massive and incredible too. I am patient on touring as I know that is a HUGE deal of work for her and takes all her time and energy. So I think it is a good idea to do it the way she has been doing it thus far: a BIG tour every few years that is very special, instead of touring every single year on a "Perma Tour" like some country acts. It gets old. There is no excitement as they tour every single year so there is nothing to look forward to.

But re: new music-- to me, it does not take as much out of an artist to write new songs and go to the studio as she can go home after, or even bring the baby with her as she has done before. She doesn't need to travel to write unless she is seeking out a collab with a specific artist or producer or writer. So most of the album can be written nice and easy right in Nashville, like always. This does not interfere with family time or rest or having a nice balance, which she deserves.

Touring is the hard part of her career--- not writing, recording, or going to a few award shows every year. Even Carrie said she truly enjoys writing and recording music. It is not as draining or stressful as traveling and touring.That's the fun part and not as taxing on her as touring.

My point is that I can wait for a tour. I want it to be special anyway. But I cannot wait 3-4 years' between albums every time as I think that is way too long. She only has about 10 years before the old boys' club puts her out to pasture like Faith and Martina. So taking 3 years or more between albums is really shortening her career in the prime of her career. Once she is past her peak, she can do whatever she wants as it won't matter. But now is the time to strike while she is at the top of her game. Waiting too long is not a good idea.

I am all for her resting up and having fun. She needs that to get inspired and creative again. She needs to refuel after that long grueling tour. But I just don't want to wait too long for new music. I pray they give us a Christmas album or something to tide us over. If only there were 5 singles (in addition to The Fighter) it would not be so bad. But we never get 5 singles sadly.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    I would love to see Carrie write a song alone. I think it would be really good. Maybe she has. She is so talented.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    She deserves a long break to recover and focus on her family/private life.

I'm here to stay and I can wait whatever "long time" she chooses.
    I agree! I can wait however long she needs to get back with new music for us and she probably needs the inspiration to write songs and taking a deserved break to be with her family and everything is what she will need to reset herself and her body so she can be refreshed and ready to go for the next album.

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Questions: If Carrie did a Gospel album do you think it would be like Reba's? And do you think any Christian radio station will play it?
    I don't know if this helps - but I think of "Gospel" (in a musical context) as a stylistic term. It's a particularly Southern tradition, mainly important in Bluegrass and Black Church music (and hence in the "Americana" sub genre.) It's currently enjoying a resurgence in Mainstream Country - e.g Carrie's own SITW draws musically on traditional Gospel (so does Maren Morris's "My Church" - stylistically - though her lyrics can be seen as a reaction against formal religion).

Contemporary Christian Music (which dominates some radio stations) shares, of course, a thematic concern for faith-based concepts - but it draws stylistically on mainly different musical traditions. Although some of it is close to Progressive Folk Music, much of it consciously addresses Pop, Easy Listening, and Heavy Rock styles.

I think, if Carrie made a Contemporary Christian album (which I don't think she's mentioned as such), it might be a labour of love - but it could very well fall between two stools in terms of its impact. It might get a tepid reception on some of the radio stations, for reasons people have mentioned, and it might be problematic in Carrie's own genre, increasing the perception of some people that she favours musical styles outside Country rather too much (albeit that I feel that perception is false - it could be counter-productive to risk giving it further credence).

In my opinion, she's clearly at her strongest in this area with traditional material like HGTA (where she can show her vocal skills to the full, while still letting the song itself come across the main focus) or her own SITW (where she draws on a very Country narration style, and uses a Gospel Music style in some of the choruses)

In that context, your suggestion of Reba's album is interesting. I don't know it terribly well, but she does include a considerable number of traditional Gospel songs, and also includes some modern songs, that draw on Country Rock, in styles that Carrie shines at. (Examples include a cover of Randy Houser's "Back To God", and a song, ""Hallelujah, Amen", co-written by British singer Lucie Silvas, who is making an interesting impact in current Roots styles)

That general approach is what I hope Carrie would veer towards if she does make the Gospel album she has mentioned. We should bear in mind, though, that that would also be a labour of love for Carrie - and might be easier for Reba, who is much more long established, and at a different career stage. Carrie has only mentioned it, I think. in a "one day" context.
    rainbow1 likes this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    When Carrie has discussed a gospel album in the past she has always seemed to envision it as visiting the music she grew up with in church. I think if she did it, it would be more traditional gospel rather than contemporary Christian. Part of me would like to see her do it purely as a labor of love. Another part of me really doesn't want to hear the inevitable 'she's not holy enough' arguments ( although to be fair there are plenty of 'she's not country enough' arguments and she successfully ignores those). I think doing something traditional would be less likely to bring out the haters.

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123