Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood on Taking a Break to Be a Mom and Wife

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    I just read that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill both just singed to Sony. How will this affect Carrie. If it will at all?
    Sorry don't know how to make a new thread.Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    When a KLOVE DJ posted on FB the video of her and Crowder singing at Passion, there were a lot of people that commented on the post saying that she couldn't be a Christian since she said that she was okay with gay marriage. They also commented on her song choices, saying Christians don't sing songs like that, and the way she dressed with short skirts and short shorts. So, I know that KLOVE won't be playing her gospel album. Which is sad, because they play Hillary Scott's song, but then she didn't come out and say she "supported" gay marriage.
    Whenever Carrie releases a gospel album way-fm will play the singles/tracks I heard sitw all the time back when it was a single. Plus joy from Carlos and Joy loves Carrie Underwood. Below is a video of her engagement, think y'all recognize the song being played

WAY-FM » See Joy?s Stunning Proposal Video
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    If Carrie does have another baby this year, she can certainly write the album at the same time as she has alot of down time. I just hope we get the new album in 2018 as that will be 3 years from Storyteller, which is another pretty long gap between albums like last time.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    Whenever Carrie releases a gospel album way-fm will play the singles/tracks I heard sitw all the time back when it was a single. Plus joy from Carlos and Joy loves Carrie Underwood. Below is a video of her engagement, think y'all recognize the song being played

WAY-FM » See Joy?s Stunning Proposal Video
    I heard SITW on the Fish too. I am sure a lot of Christian stations will play it, just not all.

Love that video.
    rainbow1, ethelu and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ While I selfishly want a Christmas album before a Gospel album, I think Carrie should still make a Gospel album TO SPITE those haters, but for herself and her fans....not with any expectation that the album will be played on Christian radio.

Let them snub her. Who cares. It will be the best dang Gospel album in years, and it will probably sell very well despite a lack of radio airplay. Moreover, it could still be nominated for Grammys and such despite those people trying to block its success.

An evil part of me wants her to release a Gospel album so great that it gets tons of buzz and attention, as that will really upset those haters,. haha
    jimshoe, lizcarlo, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    She really is taking a break because I don't think she's even doing any festivals or shows during the summer, is she?

ETA: Just double checked and she's got NOTHING scheduled for the summer -- at least so far. I don't think she's ever done that before. Maybe their 'forever' house is going to be ready and they're going to be moving??????
    She does have that cruise ship show I think in April, it's not on the website but it's the carnival thing. Not much but something.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carriebear View Post
    She does have that cruise ship show I think in April, it's not on the website but it's the carnival thing. Not much but something.
    She also has taping SNF mid-June. Also, I'm quite sure she will do a couple of Opry appearances and, she never lets us know until the last minute, CMA Fest in June. She needs to hurry and get pregnant so she will be able to do the super bowl next year (NBC has it in 2018).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    She also has taping SNF mid-June. Also, I'm quite sure she will do a couple of Opry appearances and, she never lets us know until the last minute, CMA Fest in June. She needs to hurry and get pregnant so she will be able to do the super bowl next year (NBC has it in 2018).
    I'm sure Carrie will do her full number of Opry appearances, as she always does. She takes it seriously. It's such an easy gig, 2 shows, 3 songs each, per night. I don't know why more artists don't fulfill their quotas, especially if they live in Nashville.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    Our sweet Carrie will be missed I hope it's just a break and it's not too long! I guess that also means the CMA hosting duties are over with now! The music world will feel empty while she's gone!
    I think you are overreacting. She said she was taking a little break not disappearing. Unless she's nine months pregnant I expect she will do the CMAs, I fully expect to see her at the ACMs, she will probably do a few festivals over the summer and likely several Opry appearances.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I think you are overreacting. She said she was taking a little break not disappearing. Unless she's nine months pregnant I expect she will do the CMAs, I fully expect to see her at the ACMs, she will probably do a few festivals over the summer and likely several Opry appearances.
    Eh, Vandy is right down the road. They can just whisk her off the CMA stage to the hospital, lol.
    txacar, teesharky, bluetb4 and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    she has zero festivals booked and unless someone else cancels & and she fills in probably won't have any booked.
    No ,seems like she's gonna take off from everything this time.It's been 2 months and the only things she's done so far are the Grammys, and I think that was just at Keith's request. Not even an Opry show.Let's hope she gets as bored quickly and starts writing soon. Otherwise it's gonna be a long,long time between cds.

Concert Stars
    Yes some writers need to send her a huge hit asap to get her inspired to start writing the rest. That happened with BA and CCA. Our only hope is she gets bored soon and inspired.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Well, here is something she is doing. I just on Twitter that she is performing at The Organ Project inaugural gala in Toronto in March.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and Hil like this.

One thing I would love to see her doing is more soundtracks, it would be really good for a break year.

I'd like one day see her sing at the Oscars. I know it's a strange wish but it's a wish.
    Smokyiiis, lolita55 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    ^Ditto. I have long wanted Carrie to do more movie soundtrack writing, as well as try an Animated Disney film like Frozen 2 or something cool like that. With a young child, I would think Carrie might finally be a bit more interested in that sort of thing for a fun side project.

She can do cool things this year if she wanted, without too much effort or touring or long hours. Little fun projects like that would be fun, different, and good for us fans to tide us over.

PS---------she also has the ACMS and IHeartRadio Music Awards in March and April, respectively, if she attends.
    rainbow1 and lolita55 like this.

Concert Stars
    I don't know how far along they are on their new house, but I bet a lot of her time and thoughts will be about that. If they get to the moving stage....could be a while. This Could ? be a reason she is taking the time off.
    liz278, opry051008 and txacar like this.

Hil
    why do people think she's not hosting the CMA's? She lives in Nashville not Australia lol oh well, either way I hope she enjoys her time off. : )

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I don't know how far along they are on their new house, but I bet a lot of her time and thoughts will be about that. If they get to the moving stage....could be a while. This Could ? be a reason she is taking the time off.
    You're probably right. I'm just glad she is taking time off to be with Mike and Isaiah. She had to be exhausted after last year. I think we forget that Carrie travels during her tours more than many other artists. This year she did 80 shows in 80 cities. If you look at the chart, a lot of artists did 80 shows in 60 cities, etc., because they were able to book more than one night in the same town.

It isn't as though she hasn't done anything this year. In addition to taking care of Isaiah, interviews, and attending hockey games and other fun things she:

Performed at Passion 2017 in Atlanta
    Presented at Golden Globes
    Performed a private concert in Orlando
    Appeared on the Today Show
    Co-hosted CCUSA
    Almay instagram takeover
    Grammys
    Filmed TF video
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I think the press is over reacting about this " break." Lately She always takes long breaks between albums with or without babies. So we kind of expected this misery all along. Lol

All I care about is new music. She can take s few years between touring- that's fine. Touring is the most rehanging part- but she an write and record music right in Nashville while pregnant.
    Kizmet311 and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    My biggest disappointment is I expected her to do that U.K. Tour she mentioned at C2C last year. I thought it would be in 2017.
    lolita55 likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast