Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree36Likes
  • 14 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 9 Post By DazzledByCarrie
  • 5 Post By tgbrinker
  • 2 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By lolita55
  • 1 Post By lolita55
  • 3 Post By carebearcarrie
  • 1 Post By HuiZ

Thread: #WokeUpLikeThis? Nope, Says Carrie Underwood: ‘I Always Wear Makeup’

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

#WokeUpLikeThis? Nope, Says Carrie Underwood: ‘I Always Wear Makeup’

#WokeUpLikeThis? Nope, Says Carrie Underwood: ‘I Always Wear Makeup’

Never come between Carrie Underwood and her mascara.

“I always wear makeup. Even if I’ve got five minutes, I will make it work, make it happen. It doesn’t take a whole lot to make me feel a little better,” she says. “It’s just more when I’m in Carrie Underwood mode – more concealer, more eyeshadow. Things just have to look – more.”

In addition to Zendaya and Diane Kruger, Underwood, 33, is one of the A-listers who proudly glam themselves up regularly. In her case, it’s when she’s on tour.

“I had teenage sisters when I was little. I would always watch them. I was a human Barbie doll. I started loving makeup when I was way too young. I learned through trial and error. A lot of error,” she says. “The [red] carpet’s a little bit different. I will sometimes think my makeup looks great in person, but lights can sometimes [make it look] look funky.”

For the past three years, Underwood has been the face of Almay. She’s now promoting Almay Healthy Glow, a blend of foundation and gradual self-tanner. “I’m a self-tan user,” she says. “I’m outside a lot anyway, so I have SPF on my face. I get to try out a lot of new products first. They send me things, wanting me to use them and wear them,” she says.

She shared that she took her son, Isaiah – with NHL player and Nashville Predators forward Mike Fisher – on tour, and for the first time, she was a tourist on the road. “He was with me every step of the way,” she says. “That was a whole other thing, touring with a toddler. On my days off, I had to find a park. He deserves to get out and see things. It’s gotten me out of my hotel room.”

Now that she’s done performing for now, Underwood will focus on recording new music. “Last year was such a busy year, touring and everything. I felt it was important to just breathe. I’ll go to some hockey games. It’s all about not living out of a suitcase for a minute and sinking back into being home. I spent most of last year being gone,” she says.

Her attitude towards makeup is fairly casual. “I have a bag that has my simplest makeup. I can bring it into the living room while [my son] is playing, and sit at the table and throw my makeup on. It takes ten minutes. It’s a part of me. I won’t apologize for that, ever. I’ll just feel a little bit better about myself,” she says.

It’s different when she goes full-wattage glam, as she did for the Golden Globes, wearing a pink ruffled Iris Serban number that didn’t sit well with some viewers and fashion watchers. Underwood is – well – unruffled.

“When I pick things for a red carpet, I go in and start trying things on. I just want things that make me feel good. That’s what it’s all about. That was me. I felt confident and ladylike. I liked the color and the ruffles,” she says.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Great article. I'll never understand why people on social media berate her for wearing makeup when she's going about her daily life. I almost never leave my house without make up either. It's not just a celebrity thing. Some people feel comfortable without it, some don't. Who cares?
    Claire2004, lovelyT, mofan and 6 others like this.

If something makes you feel confident out in public, yet doesn't harm anybody (including yourself), go for it! Why judge?
    rainbow1, lovelyT, mofan and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It is rare that I go out and about without makeup. Maybe to Lowe's or Walmart and a fast food restaurant if it's a weekend that we are working outside at the house, but that's about it, lol.
    DazzledByCarrie and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    It is rare that I go out and about without makeup. Maybe to Lowe's or Walmart and a fast food restaurant if it's a weekend that we are working outside at the house, but that's about it, lol.
    I always wear makeup unless just going through a drive-thru.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I used to wear makeup all of the time, but now I only wear it half of the time because I just got tired of putting it on, and when I do wear it I usually just do eyeshadow, and mascara. The only time I do the works aka foundation, powder, mascara, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick etc. Is when I am going somewhere important or to an event.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I do foundation every day, because my skin tone is uneven and I have a little bit of rosacea in my cheeks. Other than that, I do blush and lip gloss. The mascara only comes out on the weekends when I'm not wearing my glasses. I am horrible with eye liner, so I never wear it, and I only do eye shadow for a special occassion.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I have vitiligo so I have white patches on my face, so I used to use foundation to always cover it up, but I got to the point where I was like whatever it is what it is. I am always going to have it, so I just stopped trying to hide it all of the time.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Concert Stars
    I absolutely love makeup. I'm constantly trying new things. I always do concealer, foundation, mascara, eyebrows ( or I don't really have any. Lol.), bronzer, blush, and highlight. I love eyeliner but I like liquid and it takes me awhile. I would LOVE to wear my eyeliner like Carries does (tightlining) but wearing my contacts my eyes really don't like it and constantly water and doesn't stay on. And I love playing with eyeshadows and playing with different things to make my eyes stand out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My makeup routine consists of concealer, foundation and light blush. Mainly because my skin is uneven and I need to cover a bit of acne usually. Anything more is too much hassle for me. Am ok to go to nearby shops without any makeup on.

The only time you see me put on extra like mascara and lip gloss is when there is a wedding or party to attend lol.

Generally I just prefer a natural look.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

•