Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood: Highest Certified Country Album Artist to Debut This Century!

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood: Highest Certified Country Album Artist to Debut This Century!

Carrie Underwood Verified account ‏@carrieunderwood 44m44 minutes ago
    Carrie becomes the highest certified country album artist to debut since the turn of the century! @RIAA http://bit.ly/2ezCqeD -TeamCU

Carrie Underwood Becomes the Highest Certified Country Album Artist to Debut This Century!

10/24/16

Underwood’s Some Hearts Goes 8x Multi-Platinum, the Highest Album Certification of Any Country Artist to Emerge Since 2000!
    New RIAA Honors Include Multi-Platinum Leaps Across All of Underwood’s Studio Catalog and a Platinum Certification for 2015’s StorytellerUnderwood Continues Reign as the All-Time Top Country Artist on the RIAA’s Digital Single Ranking

Nashville, TN – More than a decade into her career, 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville superstar Carrie Underwood remains a consistent fan-favorite, as the CMA Entertainer of the Year nominee becomes the RIAA’s highest certified country album artist to debut this century, amid a wave of new RIAA album certifications across her entire studio catalog.

On the heels of three back-to-back #1 singles, Underwood’s 2015 Storyteller album is now certified Platinum while each of her first four studio albums add Multi-Platinum certifications. These include Blown Away (now 2x Multi-Platinum), Play On (3x Multi-Platinum), Carnival Ride (4x Multi-Platinum), and Underwood’s blockbuster debut, Some Hearts, now at 8x Multi-Platinum.

Of all country albums now RIAA certified at 8 million or more, Underwood’s 2005 debut stands as the youngest in the tally, also earning her the distinction of the highest album certification of any country artist to emerge since 2000.

Underwood already holds the distinction of being the current Top Country Artist (male or female) on RIAA’s Digital Single Ranking with 28 million (also making her among the Top 5 females in the history of the RIAA’s Digital Single Program, across all genres).

Having played to more than 800,000 fans so far since its launch, Underwood is currently headlining The Storyteller Tour – Stories in the Round through the end of November, including tomorrow night’s sold out show at Madison Square Garden. From there the tour will stop for shows in Albany, NY and Uncasville, CT before taking a brief break from the tour for Carrie to return to Nashville where, on November 2nd, she’ll join Brad Paisley as the CMA Awards co-host for a ninth consecutive year. The 50th Annual CMA Awards airs live from Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena at 8 PM/ET on ABC. This year, Underwood garnered her first nomination for the coveted CMA Entertainer of the Year award, as well as nominations for Female Vocalist of the Year, Album of the Year for Storyteller, and Musical Event of the Year with Keith Urban for “The Fighter.”

Pictured (left to right):
    Kevin Kelleher, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Sony Music Entertainment; Randy Goodman, Chairman and CEO, Sony Music Nashville; Carrie Underwood; Sony Music Entertainment’s Doug Morris, CEO, and Julie Swidler, Executive Vice President, Business Affairs and General Counsel.

maddkat ‏@maddkat57
    20m20 minutes ago

Carrie Underwood ...platinum baby!! #CU4EOTY #CongratsCarrie

Concert Stars
    They should show this to all the CMA voters.

Highest certified country album artist to debut since 2000
    Highest certified country singles artist...ever.
    Top country tour of the 2016 year

Entertainer of the year, the century, and a generation!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    More reason to celebrate and enjoy CMA night...... What cant this gal do...... I'm sure they will show it proudly.......

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    This is why Carrie deserves Entertainer Of The Year so badly.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This makes me happy. Carrie is simply the best. She is a legend in the making. Congrats to her on this huge accomplishment. I'm excited to see what she does in the future.

The new album certifications put Carrie at 19million units, leap frogging other country artists LeAnn Rimes, Bonnie Raitt (country-adjacent), Randy Travis, and the previous top album artist since debuting after 2000, Rascal Flatts (18.5mil).

Sony must have been waiting and waiting for EOTY voting season AND for album certs. to pass Rascal Flatts.

Ps final voting closes tomorrow evening. I wonder if this press coming out with 1 day to go could make much of a difference.

Hopefully all the voters are proscrastinators (sp?)

One last thing:

I know some people here hate when I do comparisons, but I enjoy factoids.

Miranda's 'Platinum' took just under 20 months to get certified Platinum (though was certified Gold in the same time as 'Storyteller'). 'Storyteller' took exactly 12 months to go Platinum.

Luke's 'Kill The Lights' was released closer to 'Storyteller' but still just BEFORE streaming really took over and killed first week sales across the board. It took 6 months to go Platinum vs 'Storyteller' taking 12 months.

ALSO Gaga's new album is projected to debut with less first week sales (and streaming-included "units") than 'Storyteller' did. Both were released post-streaming take over and 'Storyteller' came out during the big Apple Music free trial time period.

Carrie is a giant in the music industry. No question.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    One last thing:

I know some people here hate when I do comparisons, but I enjoy factoids.

Miranda's 'Platinum' took just under 20 months to get certified Platinum (though was certified Gold in the same time as 'Storyteller'). 'Storyteller' took exactly 12 months to go Platinum.

Luke's 'Kill The Lights' was released closer to 'Storyteller' but still just BEFORE streaming really took over and killed first week sales across the board. It took 6 months to go Platinum vs 'Storyteller' taking 12 months.

ALSO Gaga's new album is projected to debut with less first week sales (and streaming-included "units") than 'Storyteller' did. Both were released post-streaming take over and 'Storyteller' came out during the big Apple Music free trial time period.

Carrie is a giant in the music industry. No question.
    Yes, no question Carrie is huge. And no, I love your comparisons!
    rainbow1, gna, txacar and 1 others like this.

Oops. There was a Gaga projection update. She's estimated to debut with a bit less in physical sales and just a bit more including streams.

Carrie Guru
    I am surprise that people are still buying "Some Hearts" album.....ha..ha..ha...

Congratulation to Carrie Underwood .

Concert Stars
    ^ Can you tell me Gaga's projected numbers? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Can you tell me Gaga's projected numbers? Thanks.
    HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - NEW RELEASES: THE LADY IS A CHAMP (UPDATE)

155-165k sales, 180-190k sales plus streaming

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I am surprise that people are still buying "Some Hearts" album.....ha..ha..ha...

Congratulation to Carrie Underwood .
    Carrie was really young when she put out Some Hearts and the young grabbed it and ran with it. Parents loved they finally had someone they could look to as a role model for their young girls and none of the songs were inappropriate for the young to sing. Loved they had appropriate songs to sings, appropriate concerts to go to as you could trust her. Those songs are still relevant and still so appropriate for the younger crowd. Some of her new stuff isn't - like Smoke Break - but that's okay, as she is allowed to move on. Carrie doesn't want to be put her in a box - she wants to grow and sing new stuff and we have to let her. She is so awesome!!
    Mirasa45A and MSCarriefan like this.

Concert Stars
    Bravo Carrie!! Yes, the little, bitty thing....is a giant in the music industry!!!
    teesharky, liz278, gwade82 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Carrie was really young when she put out Some Hearts and the young grabbed it and ran with it. Parents loved they finally had someone they could look to as a role model for their young girls and none of the songs were inappropriate for the young to sing. Loved they had appropriate songs to sings, appropriate concerts to go to as you could trust her. Those songs are still relevant and still so appropriate for the younger crowd. Some of her new stuff isn't - like Smoke Break - but that's okay, as she is allowed to move on. Carrie doesn't want to be put her in a box - she wants to grow and sing new stuff and we have to let her. She is so awesome!!
    This is so true although I still think young kids listen to songs like Smoke Break. I was 10 when Some Hearts came out. I listened to that CD over and over singing every word. I had no clue what BHC meant...haha I am now 21(almost 22 next week) and do the same thing with Storyteller. I have basically grown up with Carrie's music and Carrie. I don't think I could have chosen a better role model or favorite singer. So proud

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    Thanks! Wow this should make everyone feel better about Carrie's sales. Gaga sold 1 million at one point. And I read that the album was on sake fir $3,99 somewhere this week? I bought it on iTunes at a normal price but I saw $3.99 somewhere.

^I think Lady Gaga trended up a bit, if I'm not mistaken earlier estimate was 125-135K pure sales. Also, to be fair to Gaga, this is not bad considering that her lead single quickly dropped in sales.

But yup, this gives us a more realistic idea of how bad the sales climate is now for music.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    Man I love seeing those new sales updates. That is extremely impressive.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast