Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: ACM Honors Take Place 8/30/16 at The Ryman: Carrie Underwood to Be Honored

Concert Stars

ACM Honors Take Place 8/30/16 at The Ryman: Carrie Underwood to Be Honored

GET YOUR TICKETS
    TO THE 10th ANNUAL ACM HONORS!
    Hey A-Listers….you get a chance to score your tickets to ACM Honors before anyone else!
    The exclusive A-List pre-sale for tickets to the 10th Annual ACM Honors will begin Thursday, August 4th at 10:00 a.m. (CT).
    ACM HONORS, a night of live music and video tributes recognizing the special honorees and off-camera category winners from the 51st Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, will take place Tuesday, August 30th at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, and will be broadcast to air at a later date on CBS.
    Honorees include Special Award recipients Glen Campbell, Crystal Gayle, Tanya Tucker, The Statler Brothers, Little Big Town, Carrie Underwood, Jeff Walker, Keith Urban, Jimmy Webb, Eddie Rabbit (posthumously), Dolly Parton and Jason Aldean, and will be hosted by Lady Antebellum. An amazing list of presenters and performers will be announced very soon! It’s a night you don’t want to miss.
    The evening also recognizes winners of the Studio Recording Awards (musician, bandleader, instrumentalist) along with Songwriter of the Year Award winner, Ross Copperman.
    Tickets are priced from $60 - $100 and go on sale Thursday, August 4th at 10:00 a.m. (CT) at Tickets - Tickets - Buy Tickets Online for Concerts, Sports, Theater and Events - Ticketmaster (search RYMAN for more detailed information).
    Please use the pre-sale code 16HONORS to purchase tickets.
    For more information regarding ACM Honors and to see a completed list of honorees, please visit Welcome | The Official Academy of Country Music Website.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Congratulations Carrie! I hope she attends the event. So happy she will recieve another honour. Thanks for starting the thread Tee.

Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie will be there. She has a show in Anchorage the following evening. That's a 7 hour flight from Nashville (assuming she finds a nonstop flight or charters a plane).

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I hope Carrie will be there. She has a show in Anchorage the following evening. That's a 7 hour flight from Nashville (assuming she finds a nonstop flight or charters a plane).
    Yeah, it would be a shame if Carrie missed it. :-(

Concert Stars
    She will probably send in a video.
    txacar and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    She got the award the night she headlined the ACM concert. I would assume that she would try to make this since it was such a special honor.

I thought I read that this might be televised? Or some portion of it?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    She got the award the night she headlined the ACM concert. I would assume that she would try to make this since it was such a special honor.

I thought I read that this might be televised? Or some portion of it?

The article said CBS will televise it at a later date.
    rainbow1, bluetb4 and ethelu like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Just a reminder that the award Carrie is receiving is the inaugural Gary Haber Lifting Lives Award.

This is the citation:

"Carrie Underwood This brand new award was created by the ACM Lifting Lives Board of Directors to recognize a country music artist or industry professional who is committed to serving others, has a generosity of spirit and shows a dedication to helping those in need. Named in honor of late ACM Lifting Lives Chairman Gary Haber, the first trophy goes to two-time ACM Entertainer of the Year Carrie Underwood---one of Haber’s longtime clients and an enthusiastic supporter of ACM Lifting Lives. Underwood was one of the first artists to partner with Lifting Lives, bringing much needed musical instruments to the public schools in her hometown, Checotah, Oklahoma. This year, Carrie gave her time as a headliner for the ACM Party for a Cause Festival, as well as for a number of charitable endeavors including the Make-a-Wish Foundation, the Ryan Seacrest Foundation, Operation Homefront and her own C.A.T.S. Foundation, which gives back to her hometown community."

-------------------------
    As a side note, if Carrie is able to attend, I hope she is able to meet Tanya Tucker (who is also being honoured). Tanya has spoken in support of Carrie in the past, and her early work broadened the scope for women who chose strong and unconventional song themes (including the murder ballad, seen through the eyes of a child, "Blood Red And Going Down", and the explicit life-long marriage vow song "Would You Lay With Me In a Field of Stone".
    Tanya's controversial 1978 album "T 'n' T" could be said to open the door for women who wanted to combine Rock and Country in their Mainstream work.

I would love to hear them perform together, e.g. "Delta Dawn", Tanya's break through single, which Carrie has sung a little of before.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I'd be willing to bet that both CBS and the ACMs would go out of their way to work with Carrie so she could attend -- like provide a private plane. Since the show or a portion of it is going to be televised I'm sure for ratings alone they'd want for Carrie to be there. Guess the good thing that they'd be heading west so time wise they'd gain at least a couple of hours so that's in their favor.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that both CBS and the ACMs would go out of their way to work with Carrie so she could attend -- like provide a private plane. Since the show or a portion of it is going to be televised I'm sure for ratings alone they'd want for Carrie to be there. Guess the good thing that they'd be heading west so time wise they'd gain at least a couple of hours so that's in their favor.
    Anchorage is 3 hours behind Nashville. I just want her to be at her best for the audience there, which will include my family and me. Tickets were higher there than in the lower 48 and they (me included, lol) deserve their money's worth. It's the first time they have had an opportunity to see her live -- the show sold out in 3 minutes.
    Suellen, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Don't worry. Carrie is used to traveling all night and putting on a show the next evening. She won't even go on until 9 pm or so on 8/31, which gives her a few extra hours to sleep.

Plus- Carrie doesn't have to stay at the ACM event till the end. She can ask them to do her award first, and then she can leave early and get on a red eye private charter flight, sleep all night, and be fresh the next day.,

Plus-- If Anchorage is 3 hours behind Nashville, that is GREAT! Carrie can do the ACM honors, and then get on a chartered red eye flight to Alaska in plenty of time for the show.

I don't think she will skip this. It is a big deal and she knows it. The Alaska show is awesome and all, but there is no reason she can't do both. Her bus and crew will be there ahead of her and she will be all set. The stage will be set up and everything witll be ready for her when she arrives.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    She will probably send in a video.
    I hope not. I feel like that is kind of not the right thing to do for an event like this. She doesn't have to stay long and can fly out immediately after if she wants. Plenty of time to make it and sleep on the plane. The buses will go on ahead of her and everything will be all set up and ready to go for her.

Concert Stars
    Well, it's not for us to say, what she should do. She will do what she thinks is best.
    txacar, elba2007, Suellen and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ True. I just hope they find a way to make it work. Perhaps she can pretape her part? They mentioned performances etc.
    rainbow1, txacar and Suellen like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I guess I could be wrong, but if she hops on a plane immediately following the ceremony, gains 3 hours with the time zone change, and it's only a 7 hour flight (no reason to think Carrie wouldn't be flying on a private/chartered plane), it seems very doable. Carrie is used to having to jet set occassionally and she is in incredible physical shape, so I think the audience in Alaska wouldn't see a difference. Especially since this is an inaugural award - the first one to be given out and it's being given to Carrie.

I won't judge no matter what she chooses to do, but if it is possibly being televised, I think that is even more reason that she will try to make it work.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Personally I think since she's has already accepted the award at the ACM concert she should just send a video.It's absurd with a concert in Fairbanks the next night for her to attend. Those people in Fairbanks deserve a fully rested ready to go Carrie.Not a jet lagged one.
    rainbow1, txacar, Gator and 4 others like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Maybe that is why they presented it to her on stage already and wii use that foptage.
    maddkat, txacar and sd20 like this.

Concert Stars
    Aw, man, I would love for her to go. And I think it would mean so much to the award itself. I would totally be understanding if she can't. But it sure would be a shame if she missed it.
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Aw, man, I would love for her to go. And I think it would mean so much to the award itself. I would totally be understanding if she can't. But it sure would be a shame if she missed it.
    Here is the video of the presentation and her lovely acceptance at ACM Party for a Cause. She was so moved by this award.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fngAdzoFMZs
    bluetb4, sd20 and glenn7 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Personally I think since she's has already accepted the award at the ACM concert she should just send a video.It's absurd with a concert in Fairbanks the next night for her to attend. Those people in Fairbanks deserve a fully rested ready to go Carrie.Not a jet lagged one.
    It hasn't happened too often this tour but in her prior 3 tours she performed concerts two or three nights in a row and this required her traveling between cities and I never once heard or read of anyone being dissatisfied or feeling cheated that Carrie wasn't at her best. I don't see how this would be any different. People sleep on planes all of the time and often times when they reach their destination hit the ground running.

I'm really torn about this though. On one hand, I'd love for Carrie to stand on that stage to accept that award and bask in the recognition that she so richly deserves. I mean we all know about the award drought so perhaps in some small way this would kinda make up for some of that. She's gone on record as saying she'd loved to be able to publicly thank her team and I guess this might be an opportunity to do that. In addition, the award is named after someone she was close to, so to publicly be the recipient of the first award given in his honor would be a magical thing.

But then there's the side of me that since I'd love to go to Alaska I just assume that Carrie would love to go there as well. So when I heard that she was doing a concert there I thought that it would be cool if they all went a little early to explore the beautiful state of Alaska. I imagined that Mike and Isaiah would have a nice little family vacation exploring.

I guess the bottom line is, as someone else said above, Carrie will do what's best for her. I guess I'm leaning more for her to be there to accept that special award!!! Guess we'll find out the answer in 4 weeks.

•  
    Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast