Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 302
Like Tree1011Likes

Thread: NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday Night Football'

  1. #21
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,185
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    maybe she'll be on that motorcycle again....with that same get up.That'll make people forget the change in song.
    That's for sure!
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

  • #22
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    389
    So a new launch of SNF theme. The Super Bowl is on a Sunday Night. It just makes sense for her to be the halftime performer.

  • #23
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    10,834
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    So a new launch of SNF theme. The Super Bowl is on a Sunday Night. It just makes sense for her to be the halftime performer.
    Yes, but the Super Bowl is not on NBC in 2017. They don't get it again until 2018. That's why I think 2018 makes more sense, barring another baby. The timing this year would be better for the Super Bowl, just coming off the end of the Storyteller tour, but considering she is the face of NBC, it seems next year would make the most sense. Not that she can't do it on a different network - I honestly don't know how much input the networks have into the performer or if it's mainly the halftime show sponsor and the NFL.

  • #24
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,828
    Concert Stars
    Did Carrie re-write the song herself for the SNF?

    If so, she can be nominated for an Emmy next year.

    *wink*

  • #25
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    Did Carrie re-write the song herself for the SNF?

    If so, she can be nominated for an Emmy next year.

    *wink*
    Believe the article said she worked with the original writers, DeStefano, etc.

  • #26
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,828
    Concert Stars
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD SINGS NEW OPENING THEME FOR
    NBC’S SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, PRIMETIME TV’S NO. 1 SHOW FOR FIVE YEARS RUNNING

    New “Oh, Sunday Night” Theme Song Debuts on First SNF Telecast –
    Patriots at Cardinals on Sept. 11

    NBC is Only Network with Two NFL Primetime Packages;
    Fred Gaudelli Named Executive Producer of SNF & TNF


    Seven-time Grammy Award-winner and multi-platinum recording artist Carrie Underwood has recorded a new opening theme song for NBC’s Sunday Night Football, primetime television’s No. 1 program for five consecutive years. Entitled “Oh, Sunday Night,” the new SNF opening song is a mix of country, rock, and pop.

    “I love being part of the Sunday Night Football family and can’t wait for the fans to hear the new theme song,” said Underwood, who is in her fourth season performing the SNF open for NBC.

    “We’re excited to kick off our second decade of Sunday Night Football on NBC with a new opening theme,” said Fred Gaudelli, Executive Producer of NBC’s Sunday Night Football and Thursday Night Football. “Earlier this offseason, Carrie said she had a special idea for a new SNF open song. When we got into the recording studio in Nashville, the song instantly came to life, and will be a dynamic addition to our show.”

    Gaudelli, the lead producer for all 10 seasons of Sunday Night Football, was recently named Executive Producer of NBC’s Sunday Night Football and Thursday Night Football and will oversee production for both primetime packages.

    “Oh, Sunday Night” is set to the music of “Somethin’ Bad,” a chart-topping duet from Underwood and Miranda Lambert which was released in 2014 and earned a Grammy nomination for Best Country Duo/Group Performance. Underwood worked with the songwriters of “Somethin’ Bad”– Chris DeStefano, Brett James, and Priscilla Renea – to rewrite the lyrics for Sunday Night Football. The result, “Oh, Sunday Night,” was produced by Mark Bright and Chris DeStefano.

    “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night,” the SNF theme song from 2006-15, was set to Joan Jett’s “I Hate Myself for Loving You.”
    Carrie Underwood

  • #27
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,828
    Concert Stars
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

    She co-wrote it!!!!!


    She CAN be nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award!!!!!

  • #28
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    10,834
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

    She co-wrote it!!!!!


    She CAN be nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award!!!!!
    Hey, if she can get a nomination and win, all we need are the O and T (wink)!

  • #29
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,828
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Hey, if she can get a nomination and win, all we need are the O and T (wink)!
    Yes!! Tell me about it!!!!

    I'm SO hoping this song is praised and well-received, so the chances of winning that Emmy are real.


    I still cannot believed CBS didn't even submit "Keep Us Safe" for the Emmys in 2014.
    The song was written specifically for that ACM special and was acclaimed.

    But, oh well... Now she has a new chance.

  • #30
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,810
    Concert Stars
    I'm glad it sounds like they're making it more like a "Carrie Underwood" song because the original doesn't really have that exciting of a chorus or a peak at the end. But we'll see how different it actually is. I wonder what Miranda thinks.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #31
    Insane Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,866
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    I'm glad it sounds like they're making it more like a "Carrie Underwood" song because the original doesn't really have that exciting of a chorus or a peak at the end. But we'll see how different it actually is. I wonder what Miranda thinks.
    I love that Carrie is putting her stamp on it. I love that she takes control of her work.
    (I am sure Miranda is loving t b it's free exposure!)

  • #32
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    I'm glad it sounds like they're making it more like a "Carrie Underwood" song because the original doesn't really have that exciting of a chorus or a peak at the end. But we'll see how different it actually is. I wonder what Miranda thinks.
    My initial reaction to this question was, who cares what she thinks! She didn't write the song and its like Carrie has really had more creative involvement with the song since she came up with the video treatment/story.

    Quite often I hear the song played on a couple of morning news shows and they ALWAYS play a portion of CARRIE singing. One would never know that ML had anything to do with the song. Guess it shouldn't matter to ML since she didn't have any involvement with the writing of the song originally. Windmills had an interesting tweet in her timeline, the gist being that this song in the original form lacked the Carrie touch or creative input in the writers room. I'm super excited to hear what Carrie and the other writers have come up with. She's written with James & Destefeno before so I'm thinking its going to be GREAT!!!!

    Gator likes this.

  • #33
    Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Galion Ohio
    Posts
    45,774
    Somethin' Bad was a fantastic song

    And i can't wait to hear Carrie's new spin on Sunday Night Football theme.

  • #34
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,590
    Even though Miranda didn't write the song, and it was up to the writers to okay it, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Carrie asked Miranda what she thought about using it for the SNF theme. Carrie has said in the past that she asks an artist before she does a cover of their song, so it would be like her to see how Miranda felt about it. That's just the way Carrie is.

  • #35
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    10,834
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Even though Miranda didn't write the song, and it was up to the writers to okay it, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Carrie asked Miranda what she thought about using it for the SNF theme. Carrie has said in the past that she asks an artist before she does a cover of their song, so it would be like her to see how Miranda felt about it. That's just the way Carrie is.
    I am sure Carrie asked Miranda's "permission" to use the song, even though she wouldn't have been legally obligated to do so. I recall her also asking permission from Stephen King to use Christine as an inspiration for the TBC video and as you said, has asked other artist's permission (such as Randy Travis) before covering their songs. She wouldn't do anything that would ruffle feathers.
    ethelu, rainbow1, txacar and 1 others like this.

  • #36
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,141
    I wonder if Miranda ever includes SB on her concert setlist. Carrie sings it in combo with LN -- wonder if that will continue on the second leg of the tour.

  • #37
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,424
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    How exciting! Now if they'd just invite Carrie to perform the half-time show for the Superbowl all would be well with the world. After that the only thing to look forward to would be her run for President
    Haha! That made me smile!!
    teesharky and bluetb4 like this.

  • #38
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,020
    Concert Stars
    Very cool. I think the song needed a makeover anyway. Cannot wait to hear it!

    now book her for that Super Bowl!

  • #39
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    My initial reaction to this question was, who cares what she thinks! She didn't write the song and its like Carrie has really had more creative involvement with the song since she came up with the video treatment/story.

    Quite often I hear the song played on a couple of morning news shows and they ALWAYS play a portion of CARRIE singing. One would never know that ML had anything to do with the song. Guess it shouldn't matter to ML since she didn't have any involvement with the writing of the song originally. Windmills had an interesting tweet in her timeline, the gist being that this song in the original form lacked the Carrie touch or creative input in the writers room. I'm super excited to hear what Carrie and the other writers have come up with. She's written with James & Destefeno before so I'm thinking its going to be GREAT!!!!


    Yes this

  • #40
    Insane Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I wonder if Miranda ever includes SB on her concert setlist. Carrie sings it in combo with LN -- wonder if that will continue on the second leg of the tour.
    I can't give exact information, since set lists sometimes vary. However, it's not included, as far as I know, on the present tour.
    I think Miranda and Gwen did sing it, as a second encore, in 2015.

    It was always intended to appeal to Carrie (it had two writers whom she has often worked with, and a third writer who comes from a musical background that she was probably more likely to be drawn to.) I'm sure Miranda would be pleased that's she's going ahead with a new development of the song, and I'm sure Carrie will have fun with it, and come up with an interesting promotion for the football season.
    (Carrie, incidentally, will now get a share of mechanical royalties, as a writer, whenever it's played.)

    On a personal note, some may remember I wasn't too keen on the song, as it was nothing like my hopes for the collaboration - but that only shows how out of touch with the Mainstream I often am, lol! In fact, it became the first female collaboration to top the Hot Country Songs chart since Reba McEntire and Linda Davis did so with "Does He Love You" in 1993.
    In point of fact, after I got over my initial disappointment, it did grow on me - which is probably the mark of a good stayer!

    I'm very much out of the loop, as far as gridiron football and its audience are concerned. But Miranda did think of this as a Rock song, not a Country song, and I would guess that that will probably work well, both as a successor to the Joan Jett song, and in terms of appeal to a large mixed national audience, with a likely large male component.
    ethelu likes this.


  •  
    Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Underwood to Return for 'Sunday Night Football' Theme
      By LouisaJessie in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 07-26-2016, 02:57 PM
    2. Underwood brings new 'Sunday Night Football' theme
      By jamesharry404 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-09-2013, 09:00 AM
    3. Underwood brings new 'Sunday Night Football' theme
      By JB172 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-05-2013, 08:12 PM
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 08-01-2013, 10:09 AM
    5. Carrie Underwood Takes Over 'Sunday Night Football' Theme Song
      By dreamer11 in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-09-2013, 07:42 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •