• 2 Post By countrymama22
  • 1 Post By lolita55
  • 1 Post By cmarieu
  • 1 Post By ethelu

Thread: Carrie Underwood Talks Songwriting Trial and Error, Keith Urban Tour

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Talks Songwriting Trial and Error, Keith Urban Tour

Carrie Underwood Talks Songwriting Trial and Error, Keith Urban Tour | Rolling Stone

Carrie Underwood co-wrote "Smoke Break," her hit single for which she received three CMT Music Awards nominations on Monday, but she tells Rolling Stone Country that believing in herself as a songwriter has taken some time.

"I think I'm a lot more comfortable now sharing ideas and being willing to sound stupid because you're going to say 99 dumb things before you say that one thing where you go, 'Oh my gosh, that's it!'" she says. Underwood penned six songs for her current Storyteller album, including her most recent Number One, "Heartbeat."

"Some days are better than others," she says, when it comes to inspiration. "Mainly, I want to get together with people I like and have fun with and write songs. . . Some days are amazing and we know it, and then some other days are like," she adds with a sigh, "'Well, we had a fun day.'"

Underwood's current single "Church Bells" continues to climb the charts, but she confesses she has no idea yet what the fourth single from Storyteller will be. "I want to have an album full of potential singles and it's all about what we're feeling at the moment," she says. "Your ideas change too. In the beginning when you're making the album, you're like, 'This one, this one, this one. These are definitely the ones that should be singles,' and things just evolve and change, so it depends."

While Underwood continues her headlining Storyteller Tour throughout the summer, she's already looking forward to her December dates in Australia with Keith Urban. "We were both going to Australia, so we were like, 'Let's go together and just make it that much bigger and more awesome,'" she says. And since they both have small children, there's a decidedly kid-friendly atmosphere backstage, which thrills Underwood. "He's a family guy, which makes me feel good. . . It's a nice environment to be in."

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    I hope she's being serious when she says they don't have future singles planned out. It gives me more hope that maybe CCA will make the cut. *fingerscrossed*
    lizcarlo, ethelu, jimshoe and 1 others like this.

Hil
    I hope Dirty Laundry is a single and then after that i don't care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzledByCarrie View Post
    I hope she's being serious when she says they don't have future singles planned out. It gives me more hope that maybe CCA will make the cut. *fingerscrossed*
    Pleas please please let this happen. She performs it so well live. Harmonica playing is so good.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    I would die if CCA is a single. But there is always that one jewel every album that doesn't get released.
    lizcarlo and DazzledByCarrie like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm hoping for DL, CCA, Mexico for summer and RR next fall.
    CrazyAboutCarrie likes this.

I don't care which song is the next single I just want a fantastic music video like Blown Away Era. I miss.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzledByCarrie View Post
    DL & CCA for sure. I'm sure she's noticed the great reaction to her harmonica playing on CCA.

I would love Chaser to be a single. I hope she heard how excited we all were about Chaser when she performed it in Europe. She could still release it here.
    CrazyAboutCarrie likes this.

•