Like Tree11Likes
  • 11 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: Nashville Takes A “Smoke Break” To Celebrate Carrie Underwood’s 22nd No. 1

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Nashville Takes A “Smoke Break” To Celebrate Carrie Underwood’s 22nd No. 1

Nashville Takes A ?Smoke Break? To Celebrate Carrie Underwood?s 22nd No. 1 : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City

Goodman also took the time to emphasize Underwood’s songwriting talent. “One thing I always say, is that it’s great that she’s had 22 No. 1 singles, and great that she sold what she sold, and that’s important, but what I always try to say about Carrie is that this is her 12th No. 1 single that she’s actively been involved with as a writer. She’s such a phenomenal singer and she represents our format so well. She’s truly one of the treasures of country music, and while I’m talking about her being a great singer, if you haven’t cast your ACM votes yet, we covet those votes. At the same time, she’s also an incredible songwriter. I always want to bring that up, because I think that’s one of those things that goes under the radar because her ability as a vocalist and her ability as an entertainer, I think that’s where people gravitate to. I think all too often your songwriting ability is not recognized.”
    More coverage from the party via CMT: Carrie Underwood Takes a "Smoke Break" Celebration | CMT

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Love that paragraph you quoted! Carrie certainly deserves a lot more recognition than she gets for her artistry and songwriting. She isn't just a big voice and pretty face.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Love that paragraph you quoted! Carrie certainly deserves a lot more recognition than she gets for her artistry and songwriting. She isn't just a big voice and pretty face.
    I agree with you 100%! I thought I would highlight that part. I love to see people in the industry praise Carrie. Congrats to her on 22 #1's!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great write up. And so true. Carrie is exactly that..

•