• 1 Post By Suellen
  • 3 Post By Kizmet311
  • 3 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By terilyn
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 3 Post By stuffy
  • 2 Post By liz278
  • 3 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: Carrie Underwood Defends Her Personal Trainer Who Was Bullied . . .

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Defends Her Personal Trainer Who Was Bullied . . .

Carrie Underwood stands up for her friends including her personal trainer, Erin Oprea.

Oprea was cyber bullied on Facebook recently when a unidentified man shared a photo of her working out at her son's soccer game.

"Would it be wrong of me to tell her that every dad at the soccer filed thinks her standing out front with her jump rope for two hours only screams she wants attention. And I can only imagine what the soccer moms are thinking," the post read along with a picture of the former Marine's back.

Well, unfortunately for him, Oprea and Underwood, 32, got the last laugh. Both ladies shared a screenshot of the post on social media, and had a few words for him.

"Way to go, Erin! Use someone else's negativity to help others. That man obviously has a big problem... with himself," the country singer captioned her photo.

"I only hope he can learn to like himself someday so he can be an adult and stop bullying others for bettering themselves!" she wrote adding, "This guy felt the need to post this pic of my friend and trainer, Erin Oprea, along with some really insecure and mean comments. He was shaming her for getting in some exercise during her son's soccer game. Not cool."

Meanwhile, Oprea also shared a lengthy post on her website.

"This is exactly why many people don't embrace an active lifestyle in ordinary situations: They are worried that they will draw attention and, even worse, ridicule," she posted. "I don't want to see people getting bullied for doing what works best for their lifestyle. What I do care about are those who would love to be out moving but worry that they’re being judged."

And Oprea concluded by writing words of encouragement for all fitness fanatics.

"So grab your jump rope, embrace that healthy lifestyle and keep on jumping if you hear whispering behind you. You're the better person here in more ways than one," she said.
    Carrie Underwood Defends Her Personal Trainer Erin Oprea : People.com
    terilyn, lizcarlo, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Wow at the comments at that article! People are lost! Disgusting!

Good for Carrie. People are so rude.

Concert Stars
    He was so wrong for posting the picture of Erin with his comment, but to be truthful, I cannot see Carrie exercising if Isaiah was in the game.
    rainbow1 likes this.

^That's probably true but this was not a game she was at it was a practice. So it is really no big deal. I find it amusing that this troll has made his site private since posting this pic..

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    He was so wrong for posting the picture of Erin with his comment, but to be truthful, I cannot see Carrie exercising if Isaiah was in the game.
    You said what I was afraid to say, lol. Shame on the guy for posting the picture and making a comment at all, BUT if it was truly a game and not just a practice, then she should have been focused on her kid. Otherwise, why bother going at all? If you are so obsessed with getting in your workout that you can't even sit to enjoy your child's game (although, I know that there are probably a LOT of games), then I'm sorry, but your priorities aren't straight. If it was practice, then no biggie.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by terilyn View Post
    ^That's probably true but this was not a game she was at it was a practice. So it is really no big deal. I find it amusing that this troll has made his site private since posting this pic..
    So, we know it was a practice, then? If it was a practice, I see no big deal. I watch tv shows on my phone while my daughter is at dance class. Carrie had mentioned in her post that it was a game, but maybe she made an incorrect assumption.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    There is a lady in the comments with the last name Slater that goes to every Facebook article about Carrie and says some awful things. It's kinda creepy honestly. Good for Carrie for defending her friend. People can be so mean.

^^Saw it was a practice in twitter comments. Even if it was a game no reason this lady can't multitask.
    countrygram likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by terilyn View Post
    ^^Saw it was a practice in twitter comments. Even if it was a game no reason this lady can't multitask.
    Different stroke for different folks. If I was attending my kids' game, I would try to focus on my kid and not try to use the time to squeeze in some other task that can wait. If the game is important enough for you to attend, then it should be important enough to get your full attention. Just my opinion.
    Suellen likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    She was also away from the other parents because they were inside the fence area. If she was blocking their view that's one thing, but she's so far away you can tell that's not a factor.
    rainbow1, liz278 and Suellen like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It was a game but that doesn't matter either way because she's still there supporting her kid. My dad was always busy coaching another sport, so I loved when he showed up to my softball games. I didn't care what he was doing just that he was there.

Concert Stars
    I have taken my daughter to many practices for soccer. I did not sit on the sidelines and watch the practice, I was usually sitting in my car, listening to the radio and doing something else (like reading or checking FB). Every once in a while I would look up and check on her, but I was not constantly watching her practice. Erin was not in front of the parents, she was off to the side. And it looks like she was keeping an eye on the practice, just not at the sideline. This guy is a jerk!
    terilyn and lizcarlo like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Nice of Carrie to step in and defend her friend.

Erin was grateful to Carrie for her support.

Carrie Underwood's Trainer Isn't Backing Down After a Stranger Bullied Her : People.com

"I'm very thankful that I have such great friends and clients [like Carrie] that are willing to keep my back," Oprea says. "But it doesn't surprise me at all with her [Carrie], she is a big believer in empowering women."
    lizcarlo, terilyn and opry051008 like this.

•