Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree427Likes

Thread: Carrie Partner's with Carnival Cruise Lines for Operation Homefront

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Partner's with Carnival Cruise Lines for Operation Homefront

Carnival Cruise Lines News

Today, Carnival Cruise Line announced a new initiative designed to support U.S. military families alongside seven-time GRAMMY-award winning superstar Carrie Underwood and representatives of Operation Homefront, the national nonprofit that builds strong, stable, and secure military families. The year-long Honor. Family. Fun. program will help raise funds for Operation Homefront and culminate in a special private pierside concert for service men and women and their families starring Underwood aboard Carnival’s newest and most family-friendly ship, the Carnival Vista, when the vessel makes its U.S. debut in New York City at the Port of New York on November 4, 2016.“Military families represent a cornerstone of our country and we are honored by the opportunity to partner with Carrie and Operation Homefront to bring much needed awareness and aid to our troops and their loved ones,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “The partnership will bring to life many of the heartwarming stories our troops have to share while in turn bringing them some fun along the way.”
    In 10 cities along the course of Carrie Underwood’s The Storyteller Tour, which kicks off in Jacksonville, Fla on January 30, select military families, chosen in partnership with Operation Homefront, will be treated to a personal meet-and-greet with Underwood before her concerts. A video series highlighting the meet and greets and the families’ individual stories will be featured on carnival.com.
    “I’m honored to be able to join Carnival Cruise Line and Operation Homefront to lift up these soldiers and their families,” said Underwood. “I am really looking forward to meeting them on my tour and for the opportunity to personally thank them for all they do for our freedom.”
    Driving the effort to raise funds for the cause, fans of Underwood, and of the program, will have the opportunity to donate by clicking on the “Donate Now” button on carnival.com/HonorFamilyFun. Commemorative dog tags will also be available for purchase at merchandise stands at all Storyteller Tour stops as well as on board the fleet of Carnival ships with all proceeds going to Operation Homefront.
    “Carnival Cruise Line really knows what it means to support our men and women in uniform and their families,” said retired Brigadier General John I. Pray, Jr., president and CEO of Operation Homefront. “We are absolutely thrilled to be partnering with the Carnival team and superstar Carrie Underwood to focus on the challenges our military families face as they work tirelessly to protect the freedoms we enjoy daily.”
    The final stop in the cross-country Honor. Family. Fun. campaign will be New York City, where Carnival, Operation Homefront, and Underwood will treat hundreds of military families to a special concert aboard the new Carnival Vista at the Port of New York on November 4, 2016.
    Carnival’s most family-friendly ship, Carnival Vista, will set sail in Europe in May 2016 and make her stateside debut as host of the special private pierside concert for military families. Designed to connect guests to the ocean with sweeping views and plenty to do both outdoors and in, Carnival Vista will take cruising to new heights and introduce an exciting array of groundbreaking new features including: SkyRide, a breakthrough suspended open-air cycling experience; the world’s first IMAX® Theatre on a ship; an expansive water park featuring the colorful Kaleid-O-Slide, the line’s first raft-riding water tube slide; Seafood Shack, a delectable New England-inspired eatery; RedFrog Pub, including the first micro-brewery on a U.S.-based cruise ship, and other exciting dining, bar and entertainment options.
    In the coming weeks, Carnival will launch a new shipboard military appreciation program. Each ship will host a special event on board to recognize active and retired military personnel and their families and will kick off with a welcome video featuring Carrie Underwood.
    Finally, it was also revealed that Carrie Underwood will join the Carnival LIVE! roster of artists in early 2017 with further details to be announced at a later date.

so Carrie will also be cruising with them in early 2017.Cruise anyone?
    txacar, Gator, PRGuy79 and 11 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I love this! It will be fun to see all of the stories of the families along the way.
    rainbow1, Gator and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm so proud of her, for every single thing she does, and who she is!!
    Ann055, liz278, Gator and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wow, Carrie on cruises in 2017, perhaps?? I need to save my pennies, lol. I'm pretty claustrophobic, so I need a big room on an upper deck, haha.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This link has information on the current Carnival Live series. It looks like the artists perform a concert while the ship is docked somewhere.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1388
    rainbow1, bluetb4 and carrieguy2 like this.

Concert Stars
    bluetb4, terilyn, PRGuy79 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    This link has information on the current Carnival Live series. It looks like the artists perform a concert while the ship is docked somewhere.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1388
    So, it looks like Carrie doesn't go on the cruise, right? She will give a concert on the ship at a port. Is that right?
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    She is so generous.....I love everything about her!! Wonder if she is going to incorporate "Keep us Safe" into her set-list? I think it would be an awesome tribute.

Happy she is using her star status to help military and their families. They need it and go through so much.

Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood to Honor Military Families During Tour - ABC News

Country star Carrie Underwood is working with Carnival Cruise Line and Operation Homefront to honor military families throughout her upcoming "Storyteller" tour.

Underwood will meet with selected military families in 10 cities, and she'll perform a free concert for hundreds of military families onboard the Carnival Vista in New York on Nov. 4.

Her tour begins Saturday in Jacksonville, Florida.

The Grammy-winning singer said in a phone interview that meeting military families is a special experience.

"As an entertainer I get to be onstage and everybody has to listen to me, well, hopefully they want to listen to me," Underwood said. "But it's really nice to get to talk to people and get to hear their stories."

Fans can purchase commemorative dog tags throughout the tour, with all proceeds going to Operation Homefront, a nonprofit organization that provides emergency and financial assistance to families of service members and wounded warriors.

"I feel country music has always been very close and very supportive of military members and their families," Underwood said. "I feel like this is just another really cool opportunity to say thank you."

During the tour, Underwood will be performing in the round for the first time, with the crowds surrounding the stage.

"One amazing thing about having it in the round is I just get to see so many more faces," she said. "It's nice to have moments ... and look into people's faces and see them having fun and see them singing along."

She'll have a special guest along for most of the tour — her 11-month-old son Isaiah.

"This will be the first that we've been out for any length of time with him," Underwood said. "It's interesting with a baby. I am going to have to figure out this sleep thing. Being on the road, hotels rooms and stuff like that. It's not his space, but he'll get used to that."

Hil
    When I first saw this I thought she was doing a fan cruise like NKOTB ha ha ha

Concert Stars

Junior Carrie Follower
    Carrie really is an angel!! She does so much to help others! Such a great cause for her to be apart of. I hope they make lots of money for this and are able to help a lot of families!!
    Mirasa45A, bluetb4 and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    So, it looks like Carrie doesn't go on the cruise, right? She will give a concert on the ship at a port. Is that right?
    Correct. If you read the info on that page, it says the artists will "debark" after their concert. Basically they fly to where the ship is at port, do the concert and leave the ship. VIP tickets do get you a photo op with the artist, though.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Correct. If you read the info on that page, it says the artists will "debark" after their concert. Basically they fly to where the ship is at port, do the concert and leave the ship. VIP tickets do get you a photo op with the artist, though.

IF Carrie is on board the ship for a week, I am going to be there on the ship no matter where it goes....ha....ha...ha...

The last time I went on a cruise was "Danube River Cruise".

Wow! Her skills as a spokesperson continue to grow. She is a natural on camera and delivers the message with great enunciation and poise. So professional - yet heartfelt, too. A great balance.
    bluetb4 and maddkat like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My local Fox news section has an entertainment segment on the news and they mentioned Carrie's partnership with Carnival last night.
    Mirasa45A, bluetb4 and opry051008 like this.

Carrie Guru

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    so Carrie will also be cruising with them in early 2017.Cruise anyone?
    I won't be going anywhere that requires USD money for some time. The Canadian dollar is sooo bad. Sadly, it looks like this time around I'll only be able to attend one concert on this tour.

Carrie Guru

I totally love the caption that they've posted when you look up the Carnival Vista on their website.

Carrie Carnival Cruise.jpg
    Last edited by opry051008; 01-30-2016 at 04:00 PM.

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast