Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood - ACM Women of Country Concert

Junior Carrie Follower

Carrie Underwood - ACM Women of Country Concert

Just read these two articles about Carrie and the ACM Women of Country concert that is on April 1st and am so proud of her for organizing something like this! It's so good to see big female country stars supporting other females in country music and getting behind them. I think what she says is so true, 70% of music on my ipod is female not male. I love discovering new female artists. Recently I started listening to Maddie and Tae and Rachele Lynae and really love their music. Can't wait to see whose in the lineup! If anyone has discovered some other talented female country stars not usually mentioned on here, please post as I'd love to add to my collection!

Carrie Underwood Showcasing Women With Upcoming Concert

Carrie Underwood: "Can We Just Ask Girls?" | CMT

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwicountry View Post
    Just read these two articles about Carrie and the ACM Women of Country concert that is on April 1st and am so proud of her for organizing something like this! It's so good to see big female country stars supporting other females in country music and getting behind them. I think what she says is so true, 70% of music on my ipod is female not male. I love discovering new female artists. Recently I started listening to Maddie and Tae and Rachele Lynae and really love their music. Can't wait to see whose in the lineup! If anyone has discovered some other talented female country stars not usually mentioned on here, please post as I'd love to add to my collection!

I feel the same way, and I hope the girls kick the guys' butts!

Concert Stars
    I love that it was Carrie's idea to make it All Females only. haha

Carrie Guru

I am so very proud of Carrie for doing this. This means that Carrie has so much influence in country music and Carrie is respected highly by her fellow female country artists !

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I am so very proud of Carrie for doing this. This means that Carrie has so much influence in country music and Carrie is respected highly by her fellow female country artists !
    Very true. They asked Carrie what she wanted, they didn't just give her a list of performers that would be on the show she'd be hosting..
    Mirasa45A, bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

When this first was rumored, I was hoping it was a TV special filmed on Carrie's ACM Party Headline night.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Great opportunity. So proud and happy for her. I do hope it is a huge success. The women deserve the opportunity to prove their worth. Even though they should not have to.
    ethelu, rainbow1, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    .......also, thanks for starting this thread, it will be fun to follow the show here!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    .......also, thanks for starting this thread, it will be fun to follow the show here!
    I can't wait to see the women of country rock it!!

Any predictions on who you all think she will ask to join her?

I would love to see any of the following ladies:

Miranda, Maddie and Tae, Kelsea Ballerini, Kacey Musgraves, Cam, Ashley Monroe, Lauren Alaina, Kellie Pickler, Martina McBrinde, Shania Twain, Mickey Guyton, Jennifer Nettles, The Dixie Chicks, Sarah Darling, Katie Armiger and Jana Kramer.

Just while I was writing this I've learned that Glenn Frey has passed away at 67!! The Eagles are one of my fave bands of all time and I am so sad to hear this! So many legends have passed on this last week, I can't handle any more! I am so glad I went to see them live last year!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^I just read about Glenn Frey a few minutes ago, too, so I watched the Linda Ronstadt HOF tribute again. He looked really well at that time (18 months ago???), even sang with the group. So sad. He was so talented and the driving force behind The Eagles, my favorite rock group of all time.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^I just read about Glenn Frey a few minutes ago, too, so I watched the Linda Ronstadt HOF tribute again. He looked really well at that time (18 months ago???), even sang with the group. So sad. He was so talented and the driving force behind The Eagles, my favorite rock group of all time.
    I read about Glenn, too. He was only 67. So sad. May he rest in peace.
    txacar, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh my gosh, I had not heard. 67 is so young. He was so talented and seemed like a really nice guy. Very sad.
    Gator likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I can't wait to see the women of country rock it!!

Any predictions on who you all think she will ask to join her?

I would love to see any of the following ladies:

Miranda, Maddie and Tae, Kelsea Ballerini, Kacey Musgraves, Cam, Ashley Monroe, Lauren Alaina, Kellie Pickler, Martina McBrinde, Shania Twain, Mickey Guyton, Jennifer Nettles, The Dixie Chicks, Sarah Darling, Katie Armiger and Jana Kramer.

Just while I was writing this I've learned that Glenn Frey has passed away at 67!! The Eagles are one of my fave bands of all time and I am so sad to hear this! So many legends have passed on this last week, I can't handle any more! I am so glad I went to see them live last year!
    I definitely want them to include those who would be considered the "older" ladies. I didn't like typing that, because their age shouldn't matter. They added so much to country music, they need to be included.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    The Eagles owed their career to Linda Ronstadt .
    ethelu likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    The Eagles owed their career to Linda Ronstadt .
    Yes they do. She supported them whole heartedly when they left her band, even recorded with them. He told the entire story at her HOF induction.
    Mirasa45A, Gator and mofan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    I definitely want them to include those who would be considered the "older" ladies. I didn't like typing that, because their age shouldn't matter. They added so much to country music, they need to be included.
    I agree. I totally love Faith Hill's voice. Would love to see her there.
    Smokyiiis and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    In Memoriam to Glenn Frey:

txacar, Smokyiiis, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    The Eagles were my favorite band too. Was really hoping to see them in concert again :'(

RIP Glenn Frey
    txacar and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I agree. I totally love Faith Hill's voice. Would love to see her there.
    I love Faith Hill! Yes would also love to see her there!

I am listening to The Eagles now while at work : ( just too many legends have passed this year!

Just read Don's statement regarding Glenn's passing and have tears in my eyes : ( they were a friends and family.

RIP Glenn, you are with the Angels of Rock now and I'm sure you're in Heaven having a jam with David Bowie while Alan Rickman watches in awe!

Don Henley on Glenn Frey death: Eagles co-founder comments on passing | EW.com
    txacar, ethelu and Gator like this.

It makes me happy Carrie has been talking about it several times and is doing the concert. I would like to see at least half of the women to be new in this concert considering they are struggling so much. I would like at least Mickey Guyton, Ashley Monroe , Maddie and Tae, Cam, Kacey Musgraves and perhaps a couple of ladies no one has heard of who is struggling a lot.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast