Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Ryan Seacrest: Carrie Underwood is a bigger star than Kelly Clarkson

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Ryan Seacrest: Carrie Underwood is a bigger star than Kelly Clarkson

Carrie Underwood is a bigger star than Kelly Clarkson — plain and simple. That’s according to Ryan Seacrest, the host of “American Idol,” which discovered both Clarkson and Underwood and turned them into megastars.

When asked Tuesday on the “Today” show who he thought the biggest star to ever come out of “Idol” was, without missing a beat, Seacrest answered, “Carrie Underwood.”

Ryan Seacrest: Carrie Underwood is a bigger star than Kelly Clarkson | Page Six
    hjj, Suellen, rainbow1 and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I love Ryan Seacrest :-)

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Lmao. Oh God. Kelly fans are about to be salty.

Carrie is big star in Country. Kelly fans are not going to take kindly to that comment.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is a superstar period. However AI are lucky that Kelly started AI success.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Carrie is big star in Country. Kelly fans are not going to take kindly to that comment.
    Carrie is far more bigger than country. She is an American Superstar. Carrie gets invited to all these non country events bc of her star power.

Kelly was big but she let herself go and has lost that star power. There is no doubt in my mind that Kelly is also a star. However, she didn't keep up with superstar attitude. She became sour with her label and got screwed over. Not to should shallow but her gaining the weight didn't help her either. I really like Kelly as I think she is a hilarious and seems genuine but actually did disservice to herself. At one moment it seems like she didn't want the fame and wanted to disassociated with AI, the show that made her. I am sure she regrets it bc now she is too embracing AI.

I agree with Ryan that Carrie is the biggest star to come from Idol. She seized the opportunity and ran with it.
    Turning gold into multi platinum. (I also whole heartily believe that if Carrie was a pop star she would of been even bigger than what she is today. Her voice would Carrie her to become an world wide pop super star).

I thought this was an obvious statement for few album eras already =p

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Katharine McPhee said it best when she said the finest voice in any genre, and that is so true..... Kelly may have been the first American Idol but Carrie is the biggest and most successful star from the show now...... And no Kelly fan can argue true facts, so there is nothing to get sour at.....

Concert Stars
    Carrie has had so many opportunities outside of the Country umbrella that it is simply not a fact that she is simply a Country star anymore. She has gone far beyond that box & it isn't fair to continue to try & put her back in there. And, many many of those opportunities would in the past have gone to someone in the Pop genre, such as Kelly, but alas we all know who the "True" A Level Star is from Idol. Where was Kelly when it came To The Sound Of Music, or The Sinatra Tribute ot the Eagles Tribute at the Grammys? And if Kelly fans don't take kindly to the comment, then they are seeing things through rose colored glasses, not through a fact based assessment of the truth.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Lmao. Oh God. Kelly fans are about to be salty.
    Ha, ha ... I'm sure you are right. Personally I like them both and the question is a little silly but I don't think there's a question that Ryan is correct. 'Better' is subjective and open to opinion. 'Bigger' is measurable and by all objective measures Carrie is bigger. She's out earned Kelly despite starting three years later, she's outsold her, and she has more Grammy awards.

Concert Stars
    ..... also, Carries level of success has stayed steady and consistant. That is another important factor...

Kelly has had successful projects and failed projects. Carrie has remained consistant.

And her exposure on the big stage of "Entertainment" has been much much broader and more diversified than Kelly. Its not even comparable.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Carrie has had so many opportunities outside of the Country umbrella that it is simply not a fact that she is simply a Country star anymore. She has gone far beyond that box & it isn't fair to continue to try & put her back in there. And, many many of those opportunities would in the past have gone to someone in the Pop genre, such as Kelly, but alas we all know who the "True" A Level Star is from Idol. Where was Kelly when it came To The Sound Of Music, or The Sinatra Tribute ot the Eagles Tribute at the Grammys? And if Kelly fans don't take kindly to the comment, then they are seeing things through rose colored glasses, not through a fact based assessment of the truth.
    And RRHOF and SNF. Carrie is such a star, she's always in demand. For as many times as we've seen Carrie at non-country events, there's no telling how many more offers she's gotten and turned down.

Carrie Guru
    I have known for a long time that Carrie Underwood is much bigger than Kelly Clarkson. Carrie's "STATURE" in music is HUGE !!
    rainbow1, ethelu, bluetb4 and 3 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Kelly fans can argue all they want..... but Storyteller outsold Piece By Piece in like two weeks sooooooooo

I don't think saying Carrie is country superstar is bad thing. It's not exactly easy genre for women. How many pop women have tried to have solo career and failed? Its not as easy as people think. She makes country (which I don't think she gets enough credit for) more popular with people who otherwise would not have bothered, and she does it while not crossing over, which is harder way to do it. Her popularity is growing overseas without crossing over. It's harder to do it that was as appose to crossing over and saying your pop. She doing it while promoting country. I called her country super star to not say she is lesser star, but because Carrie herself has always associate herself with the genre. I know she does projects outside of Country. There is no one else who can do so many outside projects, which is why I called her "country superstar". I think Carrie wants to be known as country, because she has worked hard to promote it. Calling her country superstar doesn't take away her huge status.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I don't think saying Carrie is country superstar is bad thing. It's not exactly easy genre for women. How many pop women have tried to have solo career and failed? Its not as easy as people think. She makes country (which I don't think she gets enough credit for) more popular with people who otherwise would not have bothered, and she does it while not crossing over, which is harder way to do it. Her popularity is growing overseas without crossing over. It's harder to do it that was as appose to crossing over and saying your pop. She doing it while promoting country. I called her country super star to not say she is lesser star, but because Carrie herself has always associate herself with the genre. I know she does projects outside of Country. There is no one else who can do so many outside projects, which is why I called her "country superstar". I think Carrie wants to be known as country, because she has worked hard to promote it. Calling her country superstar doesn't take away her huge status.
    It's true that Carrie always makes it clear that she is country and doesn't intend to be anything else. I would say she has crossed over as a star, because she can sing anything incredibly well. Everyone knows they are going to get a stellar performance from her, no matter the genre, and she exceeds their expectations every time.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I think the point that people are trying to make is that Carrie is a MEGA superstar. Her star power far outshines the country music genre. Sure she's a country music superstar but she's far beyond that. Sure her genre is country but like Ryan said, she's just a SUPERSTAR. It's just that simple!!!!

Carrie Guru
    When Garth Brooks came to the Opry years ago just for inducting Carrie as a member of the OPRY, that showed how huge of a MEGASTAR Carrie was / is. Since then I do not think that Garth does that anymore.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    What I really like about the Today show interview is that there was no hesitation on Ryan's part. Carrie is the biggest and brightest star from Idol. Even in Randy's interview, same thing, no hesitation Carrie Underwood.
    ethelu, Ann055, Mirasa45A and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    If someone stated that Dolly Parton was a bigger Star than Kelly Clarkson there would be no need to suggest that Dolly is big in Country and Kelly is big in Pop. The fact is that Dolly is a bigger star in every sense. I think that can be said for Carrie as well. The difference is that Dolly as been able so support and show loyalty to Country Music while still following her dreams of being a wildly successful creative "artist". And I think that Carrie's loyalty to Country Music has somewhat pigeon-holed her in the publics eye as one thing and one thing only. If she were more interested in making music outside of country she would be viewed differently by the general public. But because she won't, they just don't see her as a Dolly Parton level artist.

I have always said and I will always say, I think Carrie puts too many eggs in the basket of supporting "Country Industry" whne the country industry is a very elitist, separatist, narrow-minded, popularity click, that does not always have Carries best interests at heart. Not like they do someone like Miranda Lambert or Taylor Swift.
    So although I think it is brave and noble of her to support and uphold the country music "genre" (not industry), I see no reason for her not to express herself in music in other areas as well. It only makes her a more expressive creative artist. Why limit yourself. Especially if you think you are going to develop some loyalty in return from "those people". Cause she won't! Country Radio is going to support Carrie and she will support them no matter what. But the rest of the industry, what do they do for her while she gives 100% of herself to them..?? Meh!
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast