• 4 Post By maddkat
  • 5 Post By sco
  • 1 Post By lolita55
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189
  • 3 Post By Hil
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By bluetb4
  • 2 Post By jptexas

Thread: ‘People couldn’t deny it anymore’: Carrie Underwood opens up about sexism in country

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

‘People couldn’t deny it anymore’: Carrie Underwood opens up about sexism in country

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    "Women have been getting the shaft for a while now."

and still are, it's never gonna change
    rainbow1, terilyn, bluetb4 and 1 others like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    "Women have been getting the shaft for a while now."

and still are, it's never gonna change
    I'm proud of Carrie for speaking out. I fear maddkat is right but I still have some hope that things will change. Unfortunately when I read comments of Facebook in reaction to her comments like 'then work twice as hard and quit complaining' I kind of lose that hope. Even if I discount the rantings of morons on Facebook, when I hear people that I used to respect like Lon Shelton defend the status quo I lose that hope again.
    Last edited by sco; 11-07-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I'm proud of Carrie for speaking out. I fear maddkat is right but I still have some hope that things will change. Unfortunately when I read comments of Facebook in reaction to her comments like 'then work twice as hard and quit complaining' I kind of lose that hope. Even if I discount the rantings of morons on Facebook, when I hear people that I used to respect like Lon Shelton defend the status quo I lose that hope again.
    Me to. For the most part males can still put out crappy songs, and their music will still sell well in this environment, they will still sell out concerts, get the attention etc, and women just get the shaft, they are expected to consistently put out better music, and expect much lower success. In a weird way, if Chris Stapleton can totally change the music scene in Nashville, and bro country goes away, that may help the women more than anything.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    glad she spoke up and said something
    teesharky likes this.

Hil
    I love how Carrie is about politics, because people ALWAYS take politics personally and get all crazy about it. Not everyone, but there's always that person that can't handle a conversation. When you're famous, no matter what your thoughts on it are, if you put your political comments out there everyone will want to talk about it instead of the music. Then people see you as your politics and not your craft. JMO
    oldyfan, bluetb4 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree. And then there are the Hollywood celebs that just follow whatever "politiics" are in fashion at the time-- with no clue what the real issues are or what is the right decision. Some are well informed like Sean Penn or Susan Surandan or LEo DiCaprio-- and I respect them when they speak because they are up on the issues. (ie- Leo does a TON for animals and the environment) But many of the young Hollywood crowd seems so clueless, like the Kardashians, etc- they just seem like sheep that would say whatever is PC and not have a real clue about anything.

I am glad Carrie keeps out of the fray.
    Hil and bluetb4 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Too bad this article was not picked up more by mainstream media. Carrie is very blunt and direct about how women are treated in the country music industry.
    It's like....yawn, that's nice Carrie. Now, go back to singing your little songs and be thankful you are getting a few crumbs.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie speaking up, great. You think she doesn't get any CMA/ACM love now, it can't get any worse. She might as well speak her mind. They can't say, "we'll teach that Underwood girl to tell the truth". Too late.
    bluetb4 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Agree. And then there are the Hollywood celebs that just follow whatever "politiics" are in fashion at the time-- with no clue what the real issues are or what is the right decision. Some are well informed like Sean Penn or Susan Surandan or LEo DiCaprio-- and I respect them when they speak because they are up on the issues. (ie- Leo does a TON for animals and the environment) But many of the young Hollywood crowd seems so clueless, like the Kardashians, etc- they just seem like sheep that would say whatever is PC and not have a real clue about anything.

I am glad Carrie keeps out of the fray.
    Once again, it would depend on your perspective if they were informed. Personally I would never consider Susan to be informed. That is why Carrie is very smart to keep her politics to herself.

•