• 2 Post By simonplay
  • 1 Post By hjj
  • 1 Post By txacar
  • 1 Post By Pi314CA
  • 1 Post By txacar

Thread: The Singles Bar—Carrie Underwood Takes A Much-Needed ‘Smoke Break’

Huge Carrie Follower

The Singles Bar—Carrie Underwood Takes A Much-Needed ‘Smoke Break’

It’s hard to be Carrie Underwood in today’s country radio climate. As the only solo female able to notch hit after hit after hit, she goes against everything her bro-contemporaries stand for. Her narrative-driven songbook, buoyed most recently by the hard-hitting No. 1 Little Toy Guns, is laced together with an understanding of country music’s vast and compelling fabric and what exactly is needed to push the format progressively forward. She’s been able to harness the power of vivid lyricism, too, and even though she’s had her fair share of unfortunate misfires through the years, Underwood has triumphantly risen as one of the more interesting singer-songwriters in the mainstream.

http://popdust.com/2015/08/21/carrie-underwood-smoke-break-single-review/

Another awesome review from Jason. He gets the intentional double use of 'drink' (as a noun and as a verb) in the chorus.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Historically where has she misfire on the charts? Each of us have our favorite but hardto argue her succeses.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    It’s hard to be Carrie Underwood in today’s country radio climate. As the only solo female able to notch hit after hit after hit, she goes against everything her bro-contemporaries stand for. Her narrative-driven songbook, buoyed most recently by the hard-hitting No. 1 Little Toy Guns, is laced together with an understanding of country music’s vast and compelling fabric and what exactly is needed to push the format progressively forward. She’s been able to harness the power of vivid lyricism, too, and even though she’s had her fair share of unfortunate misfires through the years, Underwood has triumphantly risen as one of the more interesting singer-songwriters in the mainstream.

http://popdust.com/2015/08/21/carrie-underwood-smoke-break-single-review/

Another awesome review from Jason. He gets the intentional double use of 'drink' (as a noun and as a verb) in the chorus.
    I'm sorry but even though this Jason cat hangs out, or at least used to hang out around here, he doesn't get a break when he uses this kind of crap in a review:

and even though she’s had her fair share of unfortunate misfires through the years,

Time to get a new schtick dude! We get it, she released a single once upon a time you didn't like. Move on!
    Last edited by thaifood; 08-22-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^well said
    hjj, Ann055, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Historically where has she misfire on the charts? Each of us have our favorite but hardto argue her succeses.
    You are exactly correct. I'm assuming Jason is referring to songs he doesn't like even though they were succesful. We all remember his complete meltdown over See You Again. Personally even outside of that little incident I find his writing style to be annoying. He tries too hard to use over the top language, even to the poi that times of using words incorrectly.

His meltdown with See You Again was epic and still is apparently! Lol
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    However champion the See You Again mashup.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Outstanding, insightful review by Jason. Loved his article of 8/12, as well. He, obviously, is a huge Carrie fan -- I admire his ability to be objective, if only occasionally LOL!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    The only 'misfires' has been not releasing certain songs (e.g. Wine over Whiskey).
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    The only 'misfires' has been not releasing certain songs (e.g. Wine over Whiskey).
    I think that is exactly what he is talking about. He has alluded to that on at least 2 single releases. I agree. Many on this board were furious when she released MS. Many were not happy when she released SYA. Problem is, she needs to release at least one more song on each album. Too many great songs were left unknown by general audience.

I still feel sick about the mashup of SYA. I love that song. My younger brother died shortly after BA album came out. I had them play SYA when they released the beautiful white doves at his burial service. Will never rely on a young modern artist for a "forever" memory again.

Don't judge Jason harshly because he said she has misfired occasionally. To me, that mashup wasn't just a misfire, it was a sonic boom. (Yes, I know, Jason would disagree!!)
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    misfires? what is that crap??

•