Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood to Return for 'Sunday Night Football' Theme

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood to Return for 'Sunday Night Football' Theme

Carrie Underwood to Return for 'Sunday Night Football' Theme | Rolling Stone

Carrie Underwood has once again resumed her role as the face and voice of the NFL's Sunday Night Football, filming a brand-new version of the theme song "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" for the 2015 season with some of the league's top players. In a series of tweets, both Sunday Night Football and Underwood confirmed the news, sharing a sneak peek of the country superstar on the set.

Underwood has been appearing in the opening sequence of the NFL's primetime Sunday games since 2013, when she took over for Faith Hill. "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night," a rocker set to the tune and melody of new Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You," was originally sung by pop star Pink.

This year, Underwood gets to show off her remarkable post-baby body, wearing a shimmering silver miniskirt, sky-high heels and a megawatt smile. She's joined by some of the NFL's top players, including Odell Beckham Jr. of the New York Giants, Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys, Kam Chancellor of the Seattle Seahawks, Andrew Luck of the Indianapolis Colts, Clay Matthews of the Green Bay Packers, DeMarco Murray of the Philadelphia Eagles and Patrick Peterson of the Arizona Cardinals.

Fans can get their first look at Underwood's new opening sequence when the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the defending world champion New England Patriots Sept. 10th at 8:30 p.m. ET on NBC.

Underwood recently performed at CMA Music Festival and, a few days later, joined Brad Paisley onstage during his opening-act set for the Rolling Stones. Her latest single, "Little Toy Guns," is currently Number Three on Billboard's Country Airplay chart.

That's the Thursday game, though. I'm pretty sure that they didn't use the theme on last year's Thursday game.
    JB172 likes this.

Yeah. Good for her. I don't watch football unless it Super Bowl. Family gets together to watch and I cook the food.
    txacar and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Great article. Glad they asked Carrie back again! Can't wait for football to return and also to see Carrie.
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    That's the Thursday game, though. I'm pretty sure that they didn't use the theme on last year's Thursday game.
    Unless NBC is changing things up you are right the opening didn't start until the first Sunday night game, maybe NBC will ask her to be the musical guest for that opening night game.
    txacar and abbeyjones18 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Unless NBC is changing things up you are right the opening didn't start until the first Sunday night game, maybe NBC will ask her to be the musical guest for that opening night game.
    Good point! That would be fun.
    txacar likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I'm 99.9% sure that this is Carrie gig until she says she doesn't want to do it anymore. Just like Carrie & Brad hosting the CMAs, I'm pretty sure they're hosting till they say they don't want to do it anymore.
    txacar, ethelu, bluetb4 and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    Good point! That would be fun.
    There is always somebody that they have for the opening night and by that time I would think the new single will be out and she is a safe choice who isn't going to create any issues with as image conscious as the NFL needs to be so they aren't going to have any objections to her and would will let NBC bring her on, NBC clearly made the call last year when they had Pharrell on to cross promote The Voice so maybe NBC can use Carrie this year instead of cross promoting one the coaches off of The Voice.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

Watching ET tonight and they were talking about Super Bowl 50 and rumors that Taylor Swift will possibly doing the half time show!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Concert Stars
    ^ no she is not. The rumor was shot down by ENews and either her team
    or the nfl. Thank
    God. No pitchy offkey crap for the superbowl please. Her teen pop crap is not a good fit for football fans who are mostly an adult market- nit teen girls.
    terilyn likes this.

Concert Stars
    So sick
    of everything about that over rated annoying girl. Sorry not sorry. Adult football fans have no interest in seeing her do halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ no she is not. The rumor was shot down by ENews and either her team
    or the nfl. Thank
    God. No pitchy offkey crap for the superbowl please. Her teen pop crap is not a good fit for football fans who are mostly an adult market- nit teen girls.
    Thank you I was starting to get sick just thinking about her at Super Bowl 50. I didn't watch E News just ET and how they were starting to shoot promos. So glad you cleared it up for me.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    eNews said the NFL mentioned a possibility of several artists performing this year due to the special 50th anniversary of the NFL. That could include a country star maybe?? ( carrie please!)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    eNews said the NFL mentioned a possibility of several artists performing this year due to the special 50th anniversary of the NFL. That could include a country star maybe?? ( carrie please!)
    The multiple artists idea could work really well if it meshes well together and not become a mess because of jumping from one genre to another to another if everyone involved is going to do down that road then they need to take artists from one genre or get a big name headliner then have someone join them like they have done the past few years.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Which network has the Super Bowl this year? I could be wrong, but if it's not NBC, then I don't think Carrie would be it. I know the two don't have to be related, but it would seem more logical for Carrie to do the half time show when it's on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Which network has the Super Bowl this year? I could be wrong, but if it's not NBC, then I don't think Carrie would be it. I know the two don't have to be related, but it would seem more logical for Carrie to do the half time show when it's on NBC.
    I think that CBS has the Super Bowl this year.

Also, I don't think that the multiple acts for the halftime show would work. Considering all of the egos that could be involved, I think that it would be just one big mess. I prefer the main act and a guess or two that could join them.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

^CBS I believe
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Abbey & terilyn are right the game is on CBS.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ They have done multiple acts for the Superbowl many times in the past. It worked out just fine. Given that it is the 50th Anniversary-- there is no way that they will not do something very special next year, and I am sure it will involve several collabs/acts.
    terilyn likes this.

Concert Stars
    yay glad she's coming back!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast