• 4 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 2 Post By txacar
  • 8 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By oldyfan
  • 2 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311

Thread: Carrie Underwood teases "personal" new song, album details

Carrie Underwood teases "personal" new song, album details

After taking a little time away from the spotlight with newborn son Isaiah, it looks like Carrie Underwood is gearing up for a big return to music.

The country superstar gave us some pretty juicy details about her upcoming fifth studio album during a new interview with Country Countdown USA, where she revealed that she has a “very personal” song that she can’t wait to share with her fans.

Revealing that she wrote a very “sweet” song for her husband, Hockey star Mike Fisher, and their adorable fourth month old son Isaiah, Carrie told the radio show that she’s “really happy to have had some of that ‘life magic’ happening in the room” when she put pen to paper, adorably admitting she can’t wait to have her son look back on the track someday.

And it sounds like we’re going to be hearing a lot more about Carrie’s new life as a mum on the album. “When your life circumstances change, it works its way into certain songs” the seven time Grammy winner continued, “it’s impossible not to let your life affect everything you do creatively.”

But don’t expect the as-yet-untitled new album to be a repeat of any of her previous four releases. “There’s definitely a different sound,” Carrie teased, “it looks different, it feels different, it sounds different.”

There's also a little more here: Carrie Underwood teases ?personal? new song, album details! | Unreality TV

Concert Stars
    I expected this to happen and I think it will definitely affect the songs and sound on the new album. Can't wait to have it in my hands!
    oldyfan, bluetb4, Inspired and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Oh goodness. I can't even with the thought of a whole "being a mom" album.

For the sake of album sales, I hope this isn't the case...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Also, I'm wondering what she means by "looks different"?

The only thing I can imagine right now is the cover art being a picture of Carrie in a rocking chair, holding Isaiah.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Oh goodness. I can't even with the thought of a whole "being a mom" album.

For the sake of album sales, I hope this isn't the case...
    I was excited about the new sound she talked about a year ago before the Isaiah experience. I hope her "tender feelings" song, which I think will be beautiful, is just thrown in and she hasn't changed the rest of the album to fit with that one piece.
    rainbow1 and Lstname89 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The song written for Isaiah & Mike is only going to be one song she isn't going to make a whole album like that and I am still taking the "new sound" with a grain of salt until it actually sounds different.

Thanks for posting. I'm excited to hear the song about Mike and Isaiah. She is not going to have whole cd about those two. There will be couple songs. I always expected that anyway. Her CDs have always had at least little diversity in subject like Don't Forget To Remember Me, Just A Dream, Wasted(alcoholic reference), Temporary Home, Change, Thank God For Hometowns, Little Toy Guns, All American Girl, Blown Away, Forever Changed, Two Black Cadallics are examples. Cupids Got A Shotgun and Good In Goodbye were different for the type of writing Carrie had done previously. Cupid Got Shotgun was using reference. Good In Goodbye was telling story about seeing a past love and realizing she was better off without him in mature way. She has said that she is having more story songs. Her idea from Temporary Home was from reading a book. Little Toy Guns came from seeing how some of her friends were effected from their parents fighting. Who knows where she will get her inspiration for other songs that not about Mike and Isaiah.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Also, I'm wondering what she means by "looks different"?

The only thing I can imagine right now is the cover art being a picture of Carrie in a rocking chair, holding Isaiah.
    Well if the CMT's are any clue that won't be happening in my lifetime! :-)
    rainbow1 likes this.

As long as the sweet song is not Mama's Song the sequel I'll be okay lol!

Seriously I'm excited to hear the Mike/Isaiah song. I know how private Carrie can be, so this rare glimpse into her mushy feelings (lol) is a nice surprise to fans. :-)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Sometimes certain life aspects in life can reflect songs choices or even the way an artist approaches writing/ singing a song. I don't think it means the album is gonna read "I'm a mom now". Something in the Water and Little Toy Guns are both proof of that. I'm not sure when exactly they were written but Something in the Water is pure joy; I still keep watching her CMA performance and I don't think its a coincidence that they picked LTG, a song involving parenting, as the second song for the GH album. I think this album will be more personal for Carrie and I think that is a fantastic way to continue to grow as an artist. Can't wait
    rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So, if the song about Isaiah is really a song about he AND Mike, I could see a song written "to" Isaiah, maybe about how she hopes he'll be like his Daddy when he grows up or if it is the song that was "Never Knew What I Always Wanted", it could certainly be about both of them.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Concert Stars
    so so exciting!!

•