• 9 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By sco
  • 2 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Carrie Underwood says focus is 'somewhat shifted now'

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood says focus is 'somewhat shifted now'

Carrie Underwood says focus is 'somewhat shifted now'

Carrie Underwood played LP Field twice in one week — it's safe to say maternity leave for the new mom is over. Underwood headlined CMA Music Festival's nightly concert at LP Field on June 13 and then turned up alongside Brad Paisley to sing their duet "Remind Me" when he opened for The Rolling Stones at the stadium Wednesday.

After giving birth to son Isaiah Michael Fisher at the end of February, Underwood took some time off to spend with her young family and recover. Underwood made her official return to the stage when she played the Grand Ole Opry on June 9. On June 10, she delivered one of the most memorable performances on the CMT Music Awards and emerged the show's top winner.

Beforehand, she was anxious.

"This whole week I've been so nervous about it," Underwood said of her return to the stage. "This is like my goal, to be back on stage and feel good about music and myself and everything. And I feel good. And I feel the love."

Underwood said anywhere she went, people asked how it felt to be "back" after maternity leave. The idea amused the new mother, who explained she didn't go anywhere.

"I just shifted my focus for a while, and my focus will always be somewhat shifted now," Underwood said. "This isn't a real world. This is a fantasy land. The real world is crying on the bus right now. I don't know what this is, but it's good, whatever it is."

In addition to returning to the stage, Underwood also is back in the recording studio. On Monday, she shared a photo of herself on social media wearing headphones with the caption: "Is that new music I hear???"

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    "I just shifted my focus for a while, and my focus will always be somewhat shifted now," Underwood said

That is right out of the first time parent handbook and it couldn't be a truer statement.

Obsessed Carrie Fan countrymama22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    "I just shifted my focus for a while, and my focus will always be somewhat shifted now," Underwood said

That is right out of the first time parent handbook and it couldn't be a truer statement.
    She has her priorities straight and that is awesome.
    bluetb4, oldyfan, Gator and 5 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymama22 View Post
    She has her priorities straight and that is awesome.
    Exactly and it's a sign of being a very good parent who knows that what use to be the most important thing in their life isn't anymore and knows that they can continue to do whatever use to be most important but in different ways.
    rainbow1, glenn7, bluetb4 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm just so glad to hear her state for the record "this is not the real world, this is a fantasyland, the real world is on the bus crying..." I wish other celebrities understood this fundamental truth about stardom.
    Somehow, with her family, her friends, her church, her upbringing and with Mike, she has remained grounded in truth! This makes me very happy for her future.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I'm just so glad to hear her state for the record "this is not the real world, this is a fantasyland, the real world is on the bus crying..." I wish other celebrities understood this fundamental truth about stardom.
    Somehow, with her family, her friends, her church, her upbringing and with Mike, she has remained grounded in truth! This makes me very happy for her future.
    This is all very true. It breaks my heart that she said "the real world is on the bus crying". It would seem that she had to leave and left him crying. Every parent has done that but it always breaks your heart even though I knew they would likely be fine in 5 minutes.
    JB172 and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    This is all very true. It breaks my heart that she said "the real world is on the bus crying". It would seem that she had to leave and left him crying. Every parent has done that but it always breaks your heart even though I knew they would likely be fine in 5 minutes.
    That is such a hard thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Carrie is grounded and down to earth. She has not let her being superstar get to her head. She has always seemed to know the important things in life.

Concert Stars
    ^^ agreed!~~

•