Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: Growing Up on a Farm Has Shaped Carrie Underwood

Concert Stars

Growing Up on a Farm Has Shaped Carrie Underwood

During her American Idol audition, Carrie Underwood admitted she could cluck like a chicken—and then proceeded to prove it with a spot-on impression. Alas, there’s no competitive chicken-clucking portion of the show, so instead she had to win with her singing.The ability to mimic livestock is just one of the many things Underwood picked up from growing up on a farm and kept with her into adulthood. The country star has no trouble getting her hands dirty. As a young girl in Checotah, Okla., she helped out on her dad’s farm however she could, such as getting up early to feed the cows. That’s helped shaped the singer into who she is today.
    “So many people always try to help me carry my luggage and help me do things I can do myself,” she says. “If I can do it myself, I’m going to do it myself. I’m not going to let other people do it for me, and I think that’s a big part of where I came from. I’m not a real prissy girl.”
    Underwood even turned down the private jet that was offered to American Idol participants. That simple, roll-up-the-sleeves spirit is something she desires to return to—once she’s had her fill of singing and touring, of course.
    “I cannot wait to be out there and have lots of animals and our own little farm,” she says.
    Along with her husband, hockey player Mike Fisher, Underwood owns property in Williamson County, near Nashville. They both enjoy having lots of wide open space, and her husband is no stranger to driving a tractor.
    It’s only fitting, then, that Underwood has plans for the two of them to return eventually to the their rural roots, and that her vision of the future includes plenty of animals.
    “I want cows and pigs and goats and chickens,” she says. Underwood and Fisher welcomed their first son, Isaiah, on February 27. It’s only a matter of time before he’s helping out on the farm, too.

http://ramcountry.yahoo.com/post/120...rrie-underwood

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That was a nice story. Nice to see Dodge Ram supporting the women of country. (smiley)

I can easily see the appeal of farm life. I didn't grow up on a farm myself, but my husband did. His dad still raises beef cattle and used to grow tobacco as well and has about 100 acres. We spent this past weekend with my in-laws and my husband and I drove out to the back of the farm so he could do some target practice and it was just so nice and peaceful out there. I wish I had grown up with the kind of work ethic my husband did, because I pretty much hate manual/physical labor. I never had to do anything other than some very light-duty household chores and to this day, I'm not a fan of getting dirty and my husband does all of the outdoor work at our house. I think it is a great lifestyle for kids to learn a good work ethic, so it's easy to see where Carrie gets hers and why she and Mike would want their kids to grow up the same way - out of the spotlight and learning to work hard. Their kids just might have a slightly nicer house to come home too after a hard day's work on the farm, haha.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Concert Stars
    being from a small town can really help shape you. I am from one so I know. Its wonderful she hasn't changed too much!
    lizcarlo likes this.

•