• 1 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 4 Post By Farawayhills
  • 2 Post By rainbow1
  • 2 Post By txacar
  • 2 Post By lizcarlo
  • 2 Post By txacar

Thread: 5 things we know about Carrie Underwood's 5th studio album

5 things we know about Carrie Underwood's 5th studio album

It’s been 2 years, 11 months and 28 days since Carrie Underwood released her platinum album ‘Blown Away’ (not that we’re counting or anything…) and the superstar is yet to announce the release date for her fifth studio offering.

So, as the third anniversary of the album that gave us ‘Good Girl’ and ‘Two Black Cadillacs’ draws closer, we’re taking a look at five things we already know about her fifth studio album as we patiently wait for the sure to be masterpiece.

1. It’s going to be “different”
    Back in July 2014, the seven time Grammy winner told The Hollywood Reporter that she’s been working hard writing for the upcoming album, and it’s been shaping up to show a “new version” of her. “It feels really good,” she said, “It definitely feels different. It will feel different, look different [and] sound different.”

2. It may feature some baby boy-centric tracks
    Carrie recently admitted that she’s considering penning some new tracks for her newborn son Isaiah, as she always seems to be singing about baby girls. Like, little boy baby Fisher’s got nothin’!,” she joked, “…so I’m gonna have to get on that.”

3. You’ll probably get to hear it live
    Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott let slip back in February that Carrie is planning to head out on tour with the new album, when she revealed that the superstar asked her for tips on converting her tour bus for baby. But it’s not just US fans that will get lucky with a big tour in the not too distant future. The ‘Little Toy Guns’ singer told Australia’s Daily Telegraph that a tour down under “will happen,” whilst she revealed to the UK’s Metro that a return to our shores is “inevitable.”

4. It’s going to be empowering and “thematic”
    Carrie revealed to Us Weekly after being announced as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People last year that the new album is going to pretty rockin’. “It definitely has a different sound,” she said, “There are some thematic things that are quite different. I love strong women. So I want things that I can get on stage and just feel empowered.”

5. It’s baby Isaiah approved!
    The new Mum tweeted out on April 20th that she’s already played some of her new tracks to her newborn, and they have his seal of approval. “Played some of the new music this morning for little Isaiah and he smiled from ear to ear the whole time!” she told her almost 4.5 million followers, “I think we’re on the right track!”

You can read the full article here; 5 things we KNOW about Carrie Underwood's fifth studio album | Unreality TV
    liz278, bluetb4, oldyfan and 7 others like this.

Concert Stars
    If she really wants a different sound, she needs to work with a different producer, but I don't think that'll ever happen.
    Farawayhills, hjj, bluetb4 and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's hard to believe it has been three years since Blown Away was released. What a great album and era that was.

This is one of my favourites on the album:

I can hardly wait for its follow up. Bring on album #5!!!!!
    Gator, rainbow1, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I want a duet. Carrie said there would likely be one on this album. Hope she doesn't chsnge her mind.
    ramb, oldyfan, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I want a duet. Carrie said there would likely be one on this album. Hope she doesn't chsnge her mind.
    A proper duet would be fantastic.
    But I want a huge name, not some B-list.
    It's time for Carrie to go big.
    She made songs with a lot of great people, but never included a huge duet on one of her albums.
    Curr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    It's hard to believe it has been three years since Blown Away was released. What a great album and era that was.

I can hardly wait for its follow up. Bring on album #5!!!!!
    I agree it was a great era. Maybe her best. The only thing missing: a 5th single.
    It will be difficult to tie this album. It shows how much she grew as an artist, both vocals and writing. Her overall performance was at its best.
    But I trust Carrie can manage to impove herself. She's constantly looking for new ways of surprising her fans and trying to get to wider audiences, always keeping loyal to her country-roots.
    I really think she will pull something great.
    bluetb4 and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ramb View Post
    A proper duet would be fantastic.
    But I want a huge name, not some B-list.
    It's time for Carrie to go big.
    She made songs with a lot of great people, but never included a huge duet on one of her albums.
    Yes, I'd like to see Carrie include a duet on this album. I think it is time she included a collaboration on an album of her own. It would be cool to see her work with somebody outside of country music.
    ramb likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower gagacasanova's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love how they calculated the exact time it's been since the last album.

Going to #2, I wouldn't mind one song about Isaiah. ONE is good for the album. Or possibly two.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    If she really wants a different sound, she needs to work with a different producer, but I don't think that'll ever happen.
    Carrie has one of the truly greatest voices that this genre has had, not just in the contemporary scene, but through its historical span. For my part, as a primarily Country Music fan, I think that she has shown the ability, not just to sing in an inspired manner, but also to show loyalty to Country phrasing and intonation, and to bring out references to a variety of Country traditions. That, I felt was particularly true of her rather experimental "Blown Away", which explored a number of different Country styles. In the vocal department, what I would particularly like to hear her to continue developing is more subtlety of mood expression, along the lines of "Forever Changed", or "Thank God For Hometowns" (or her earlier duet, "Oh Love").

But if she is looking for differences in sound for her new album, what I'd really like is for her and her producers (presumably, as you say, that would primarily be Mark Bright) to concentrate on developing the music - particularly in the two aspects of giving the accompaniment a more definite Roots feel, and in giving the individual instruments a more identifiable role. Too often, the music comes across as a rather "middle of the road", general music-leaning accompaniment, with individual parts lost in an overall rather heavy production. This, I feel - far more than Carrie's voice, which is usually justifiably praised - is one of the main reasons why she doesn't always gain enthusiastic critical reviews, and why her work is sometimes felt, by Country enthusiasts, to be too close too Pop.

To help explain what I mean, I'd like to show a recent Opry performance by Rhiannon Giddens (the lead singer of the Carolina Chocolate Drops), singing Patsy Cline's classic "She's Got You".
    Rhiannon is one of the few singers in the genre of technical quality comparable to Carrie's, who can perform in many styles, including "power ballads". But the music is still given a strong role, with an identifiable Roots ethos. That to me, is far more important than whether the style is "traditional" or "progressive".

rainbow1, kdprouty, txacar and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes, I agree!! I listened to Rhiannon earlier today...love her voice, so beautiful!
    Farawayhills and lizcarlo like this.

Concert Stars
    Beautiful!! Immediately thought classical training. Looked her up. She graduated from Oberlin Conservatory where she studied opera. Amazing transition from opera to Opry.
    lizcarlo and rainbow1 like this.

Carolina Choclate Drops is one of my favorite bands. She does have amazing vocals. Her soft singing is so beautiful as well. I would love it if Carrie would sing similar style like Rhiannon in this video.

Farawayhills and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Carolina Choclate Drops is one of my favorite bands. She does have amazing vocals. Her soft singing is so beautiful as well. I would love it if Carrie would sing similar style like Rhiannon in this video.

I've only heard them live once and enjoyed it immensely. That's the night they were on Opry with Carrie a couple years ago.
    rainbow1 and lizcarlo like this.

^^ lucky. I bet seeing them in one night was amazing. I would like Carrie to work with Vine Gill and Charlie Peacock at least on couple songs each as producer.

Concert Stars
    this makes me so excited for new music!

•