Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Country Universe's Review of Little Toy Guns

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Country Universe's Review of Little Toy Guns

Country Universe gives LTG a grade A and a great review of the song and of Carrie as an artist:

Single Review: Carrie Underwood, ?Little Toy Guns? | Country Universe

For those of us who love LTG, this review is music to our ears.

Here's a little taste:

"Here’s the thing about Carrie Underwood. She’s got the best pipes in the business. She could belt out pretty love songs and call it a day. But she continuously and consistently pushes herself as a vocalist and as a songwriter, choosing to tell stories about those who usually don’t have a voice."
    Gator, nccountrygal, sd20 and 14 others like this.

Here's my favorite part:

Underwood doesn’t fit neatly into any of the neat, acceptable categories that are usually required for a woman to have “artistic credibility.” She’s not an outlaw, she’s not a confessional coffee-house songwriter, and she’s not a twangy traditionalist. She can easily slip in and out of any or all of those roles with ease, but she isn’t defined by – or limited by – any of them.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    "Underwood doesn’t fit neatly into any of the neat, acceptable categories that are usually required for a woman to have “artistic credibility.” She’s not an outlaw, she’s not a confessional coffee-house songwriter, and she’s not a twangy traditionalist. She can easily slip in and out of any or all of those roles with ease, but she isn’t defined by – or limited by – any of them."

I love this about Carrie! She stands alone in this.
    She is her own genre.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Here's my favorite part:

Underwood doesn’t fit neatly into any of the neat, acceptable categories that are usually required for a woman to have “artistic credibility.” She’s not an outlaw, she’s not a confessional coffee-house songwriter, and she’s not a twangy traditionalist. She can easily slip in and out of any or all of those roles with ease, but she isn’t defined by – or limited by – any of them.
    I agree -- this is what make Carrie Underwood the BEST in Country music and one of the BEST artist/ singer in the WORLD. She is a very unique artist - I have never known a female artist like her.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    "Underwood doesn’t fit neatly into any of the neat, acceptable categories that are usually required for a woman to have “artistic credibility.” She’s not an outlaw, she’s not a confessional coffee-house songwriter, and she’s not a twangy traditionalist. She can easily slip in and out of any or all of those roles with ease, but she isn’t defined by – or limited by – any of them."

I love this about Carrie!
    She stands alone in this.
    She is her own genre.
    To me, She is the BEST in the world !!
    bluetb4, Suellen, mbh and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I agree with all of you. That is my favorite part also.

Yes, Carrie is her own genre! She is not "limited by" or "defined by" anything. She has an arsenal in her talent chest, and uses it all as she desires. She's an unmatched MEGASTAR and her star will continue to shine brighter each day!

Concert Stars
    What a stellar review!! We are all as proud as peacocks!! I can just imagine how Carrie must feel reading this!! That's our little Carrie, the farm girl from OKla..who had never flown....and hadn't seen any stars...that he is talking about!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I have been waiting for YEARS for a review like this one that portrays Carrie as she actually is and not as they want her to be and get criticized all over the place for not being this or that way. We need to put that review all over the net----and brag about our girl. What a girl she is=====NONE better...

Carrie Guru
    [QUOTE][She can easily slip in and out of any or all of those roles with ease/QUOTE]

This makes her (Carrie) the BEST in the World -- and NO ONE does it better.

Huge Carrie Follower
    what an amazing review of LTG and our amazing Carrie. love this country universe review. WOW! I hope Carrie sees this. boy did they get this right and right down to the very end.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    And maybe that is why Carrie does better at the Grammys than the country awards. The country music circle like conformity as evidenced by half the male artists or more getting massive airplay singing the same song. But Carrie will not be pigeon-holed. The Grammy voters are more open to diversity.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    And maybe that is why Carrie does better at the Grammys than the country awards. The country music circle like conformity as evidenced by half the male artists or more getting massive airplay singing the same song. But Carrie will not be pigeon-holed. The Grammy voters are more open to diversity.
    Well said! The Grammys allow you to breathe and don't stick
    you in a box to pigeon hole you as an artist. They love when artists take risks and break boundaries like carrie does.
    mbh, rainbow1, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    What a wonderful review! I couldn't be prouder.

Great Article! I love reading positives about CARRIE. She is so deserving.

"Here’s the thing about Carrie Underwood. She’s got the best pipes in the business. She could belt out pretty love songs and call it a day. But she continuously and consistently pushes herself as a vocalist and as a songwriter, choosing to tell stories about those who usually don’t have a voice."
    But she’s not an easily dismissible pop diva or country radio act, either. I don’t know that there’s ever been a woman quite like Carrie Underwood in country music. She’s a superstar with crossover appeal who doesn’t have any interest in leaving country music, but she takes the best elements of pop music to make her country music more compelling. She can command top-drawer material from A-list songwriters, but has insisted on honing her own craft, with her writer’s voice growing in clarity and strength with each new project she releases. She’s a television talent show alumni who can get most of America to tune into a live Broadway musical, but she keeps singing and writing about people and situations that no television show, reality or otherwise, will even acknowledge the existence of. She’s a successful Christian woman whose own singing and writing about her faith couldn’t be any further away from the gospel of success.
    All these comments are part of the reasons I adore her music so much. I remember one comment someone made, which was Carrie doesn't rely on image to sell, but relies on her talent alone, which is rare. That's not exactly what the women said, but something along those lines. It's refreshing someone understands Carrie. Love this review.

I have always liked country. If I'm being honest. Its Carrie who made me care enough to watch country award shows. She is the only one I follow this way. I also like that she is normal with her image, does not try hard to be one thing or another, and has strong silence. That is what makes her relatable for me. I like Carrie diversity. Its one of the best things about her.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Quincyeyes, love this amazing review about Carrie and LTG.
    quincyeyes, mbh, oldyfan and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm so grateful for this review. Somebody finally found all the right words and put them together to accurately reflect the brilliance and uniqueness of Carrie Underwood. Made my evening.
    lizcarlo, Gator, mbh and 6 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow! What a wonderful review...brought a tear to my eye just reading it. Carrie deserves hundreds of reviews just like this one to
    make up for all the ones she never received. I love that she is always striving to be out of the box and wants to keep growing with
    fresh music. This is why I love her so much....she is not afraid of making an album that is interesting and diverse. I would hate it
    if she felt she had to make a cohesive album that had a "theme" where all the songs sounded the same. I am so proud of her and
    incredibly proud to be a fan. (sniff)
    mbh, Suellen, liz278 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    If you never heard of Carrie Underwood, you would never guess that Carrie is a country singer -- that's the beauty of Carrie Underwood.

lizcarlo and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    People might think that Carrie is a "Rock and Roller"..ha..ha..ha..

This is why she is the BEST in the World.
    lizcarlo likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast