• 2 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By gran29
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: Carrie Underwood's Sultry Valentine's Day Look and Awards Season Spirit

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood's Sultry Valentine's Day Look and Awards Season Spirit

Carrie Underwood?s Sultry Valentine?s Day Look and Awards Season Spirit

Carrie Underwood may be sitting out of awards season with a little one on the way, but sheís set to tune in to see all of gorgeous red carpet looks and root for her friends who are up for a Grammy this year. Aside from the promise of a statue of either her own or one with pal Miranda Lambert, the fresh face of Almayís song has been featured in the brandís latest campaign that will be splashed across screen everywhere. With all of the happy news coming her way, Glam got to chat with the country superstar to find out what else sheís listening to, whatís in her beauty bag, and whatís her ideal Valentineís Day:

On her definition of American Beauty:

Itís all about being confident and keeping things simple, being fresh. I think that every woman out there has something no one else has, and [she] should feel good about that. Itís all about bringing those aspects out. I feel like I get the most inspiration from my mom. I learned about makeup from watching her, and my mom and my friends are the people that we make this makeup and these commercials for. People that are real who are beautiful who are confident; thatís what itís all about.

On the best Valentineís gifts to give:

Iím all about things that we can do together. Gifts are amazing, and itís great to be able to open something and to think that someone thought of you to get you a present. But Iím all about being able to say, ďLetís go out to dinner, and itís on meĒ or ďLetís go hang out,Ē or ďLetís have a spa day or something together.Ē Itís more about that than opening a present, and I love presents, too.

On her go-to beauty buys and nighttime look:

I feel like the smoky eye is one of the trends that has been around for a bit, and I donít see it going away. I do love that Almay makes it really easy to achieve that because it can be pretty scary when you start looking at dark colored products and figuring out how to make a smoky eye out of them. I love that Almay has it all wrapped up in the Intense i-Color Smoky-i Kit ó you canít really mess that up.

I definitely have the Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick; thatís one of Almayís newest products that I got my hands on it early, so Iíve been really excited to wear them, especially for spring. The pink and the berry colors are going to be so great for the season. I always have a pressed powder in my bag for when I get shiny, as many others do. I think thatís it for things that are always with me, other than lipstick. I definitely have more than one shade in my purse, just in case, you never know.

On how American Idol has changed since her stint:

I feel like we hear more of the good people. I know itís always interesting when you get people that arenít so great, and the judges have to tell them that theyíre not great. I feel like they concentrate more on the people that have a shot at winning, so you can get invested in people earlier. I feel like the judges really tell them things that will benefit them in the future and tell them the things they need to work on and not just say, ďThat was awful!Ē Itís more encouraging.

On who sheís rooting for at this yearís Grammyís:

Oh Golly! Iím fortunate enough to be nominated for a couple, one by myself and one with my friend Miranda Lambert. So Iíll be rooting for us for sure! Iím more excited to see what performances theyíll come up with, to be honest. I feel like the Grammy awards always does a great job of having unique collaborations. I wish I could go, but Iíll be on my couch in my pajamas and watching.

Images Courtesy of Almay and Carrie Underwoodís Instagram
    txacar, rainbow1, lizcarlo and 4 others like this.

She is so beautiful.
    bluetb4 and carrieguy2 like this.

Concert Stars
    I really like the darker hair.
    Curr likes this.

Concert Stars
    man she is gorgeous!!!
    carrieguy2 likes this.

•