Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: SheKnows: How Carrie Underwood's New Song MAde Me ReThink What I Say Around My Kids

Concert Stars

SheKnows: How Carrie Underwood's New Song MAde Me ReThink What I Say Around My Kids

How Carrie Underwood's new song made me rethink what I say around my kids

How Carrie Underwood's new song made me rethink what I say around my kids

1 hour ago by Julie Sprankles Follow

She did it again! Carrie Underwood releases another thought-provoking song, and I love it

-------------excerpt-- more at site:---------------------------
    While I consider us to be good, loving parents, "Little Toy Guns" tasks me with digging deeper. Words can be weapons — are we leaving psychological wounds with the ones we choose?
    Maybe.
    I know that in my three and a half years as a mother, I've made mistakes. A ton, actually, and certainly some of them have centered around my words.
    I've let the occasional curse word slip out around my kids, sure — there's just something about a well-timed "****!" that seems to make a stubbed toe hurt less — so it is possible I've let more damaging words tumble out, too?
    Leave it to Underwood, a gutsy Southern gal, to use her platform as one of country music's biggest stars to serve up a bit of much-needed introspection! And it isn't the first time, either.

"And with her last single, "Something in the Water," she sang about the redemptive and restorative power of baptism — not to mention that Underwood refused to back down when haters criticized the openly Christian song.

A woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind and who inspires others to look inward, too? I'd happily take a few more role models like that in Hollywood."
    mooret, lizcarlo, liz278 and 1 others like this.

This is why Carrie is one of my favorites. She makes people think about themselves more deeply and do some introspection. She makes them realize something, or makes them think about stuff like how she says " With 2005's "Jesus Take the Wheel," she reminded me to let go and let God, as it were. With 2007's "Just a Dream," she made me appreciate the heartbreaking sacrifice so many of our country's military families must make. With 2012's "Blown Away," she called attention to domestic abuse".
    liz278 likes this.

Concert Stars
    there. this is perfect...this is the point...its actually working! So amazing!!

•