Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By Pi314CA
  • 5 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189
  • 1 Post By rainbow1

Thread: Carrie Underwood Hosts ‘Greatest Hits’ Album Party—Watch Now!

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Hosts ‘Greatest Hits’ Album Party—Watch Now!

It took me awhile to wade through the pages of the "Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA" thread to find the information and videos from the ‘Greatest Hits’ Album Party. Thus, I'm posting this article since it contains all this as well as the LTG video and link to Maddkat 125's soundcloud of the entire party. : )

Carrie Underwood Hosts ‘Greatest Hits’ Album Party—Watch Now!

Posted by Jason Scott on 12/10/2014 at 7:09 AM

In celebration of her just-released Greatest Hits: Decade #1 compilation, Carrie Underwood hosted an album release party last night (Dec. 9) at New York City’s iHeartRadio Theatre. Not only did she perform many of her standards (like the six-week No. 1 hit “Jesus Take The Wheel” and her signature boy-basher “Before He Cheats”) but she unwrapped a brand new song “Little Toy Guns” for the first-time ever. Her set list also included “Undo It,” “Blown Away, “All-American Girl,” “See You Again,” “Two Black Cadillacs” and her current Top 10 airplay hit “Something In The Water” (among many other gems).

Nashville radio personality Bobby Bones was also the emcee for the evening.

Before launching into the searing rocker “Little Toy Guns” (co-written with Hillary Lindsey and Chris DeStefano), she was full of bubbly enthusiasm, saying, “This is the first time I’ll be doing [this song] in front of real people. YAY!” The track is decidedly more pop-leaning in its textures, as you can read more about in Popdust‘s full song review, and tackles abuse in the home (from the perspective of a young girl, experiencing her parents fighting). As the first live performance, Underwood brings the lyrics to life with a powerful confidence, precisely capturing the harrowing story.

To-date, Underwood has charted 18 No. 1 radio hits and sold 64 albums (digital tracks included) since her 2005 American Idol win. Her major industry awards (over 100 in total) include six Grammys and three consecutive Female Vocalist trophies at the CMA Awards. With Greatest Hits, the Oklahoma native chronicles her decade-long career but also treats fans with work tapes for three previously released singles, “So Small” and “Last Name” (from 2007′s Carnival Ride) and “Mama’s Song” (from 2009′s Play On), as well as a live recording of “How Great Thou Art” with Vince Gill from ACM’s Women of Country event. “I wanted to do something different with extras,” she says of the two-disc release. “So we’re including three worktapes that were recorded the day we wrote the songs – which I think is pretty special. Part of what’s fun is we mess up all over them: I’m not perfectly on key because it’s the first time I’ve ever sung the song, people are talking or jumping in on things, and it’s just kind of an awesome mess, but I’m really excited for people to have another view to what we do and to share the experience of hearing those songs first come to life.”

She adds, “I don’t think it would be quite as exciting if I didn’t have something new for the album.”

You can also listen to the entire concert, via Maddkat125′s Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/maddkat125/gr...-release-party

Link to article: Carrie Underwood Hosts 'Greatest Hits' Album Party?Watch Now!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks. Wish there was still a way for us to access the stream.

Concert Stars
    So I had a Secret Santa Christmas party thing tonight to go to- and I snuck in a copy of the GH cd as my gift......another sale for Carrie! lol

Luckily- the person who won my gift was a fan and was happy to get it. haha

Concert Stars
    thanks so much for all you time and effort! love this!
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    Really appreciate this, Pi!!!
    Pi314CA likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Darn I couldn't go because I don't have enough money to go.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That's Awesome!!!

•