• 1 Post By CUFanForever82
  • 5 Post By lizcarlo
  • 4 Post By carriefan14

Thread: Carrie Underwood: ‘I’m awkward in most situations’

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood: ‘I’m awkward in most situations’

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

CARRIE Underwood isn’t cool. In fact, the American country superstar says she’s far from it.

“I am awkward in most situations,” she tells Insider.

“To be honest, I don’t think I’ll ever feel like one of the cool kids and that is OK. I know my insecurities and I am all right with them. I would rather be like that than think I am the most awesome person on earth.”

Just this month, Underwood performed on stage with Chris Martin, Bruce Springsteen and U2 at the World AIDS Day concert in New York’s Times Square.

“That was surreal,” she says. “I kept thinking everyone around me is so much cooler than me. I can’t compare to the likes of The Boss, it was just crazy.”

Speaking on the phone from her loungeroom in Nashville, Underwood is still very much the down-to-earth singer we met as the season four winner of American Idol in 2005.

It is hard to believe it has been a decade since the win.

With six Grammy Awards to her name from four studio albums, she’s sold more than 64 million copies worldwide and this month releases her Greatest Hits: Decade #1.

Her biggest songs include Wasted, So Small, All-American Girl, Cowboy Casanova, Good Girl and Something In The Water.

“It has been fun for me putting together the whole package and getting to reminisce and actually getting to slow down and take a look at the past 10 years,” she says.

“I don’t get to do that enough and it is a chance to realise all the cool things that I’ve done and been a part of.”

Before He Cheats is her most popular song when she performs live.

“In life though, I think my greatest hit is yet to come,” she says, referring to her growing baby bump.

The 31-year-old, who is pregnant with her first child, this month launched an activewear clothing line called Calia and has been working on new music with a release expected next year.

“I definitely foresee new music next year,” she says.

“I intend to spend the last couple of months of my pregnancy writing, that is something that doesn’t take a whole lot of physical energy. I can sit and write and spend some of my summer recording.”

Underwood is married to professional American hockey player Mike Fisher and is six months pregnant.

“I can’t wait to meet him,” she says, revealing the gender of her baby.

“It is really wonderful.”

With her son in tow, Underwood is hoping to tour Australia in 2015.

“It will happen,” she says. “I’m excited and can’t wait.”

As for being a working mum, Underwood has “no idea” how she’ll manage, particularly when on the road.

“We will figure it out,” she laughs. “I am not the first woman in this business to have a baby so I know it is possible and we will just figure it all out as we go.”

The couple live a long way from the bright lights of celebrity-filled Hollywood and New York.

That’s the way they like it.

“I do my own grocery shopping and all that stuff, I’m still a human you know,” she jokes.

“It is such a great place to get to be just a person and still do what we do.”

Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits: Decade #1 is out now.
    rainbow1, Gator, Suellen and 10 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    “I definitely foresee new music next year,” she says.

she makes me happy.:-)
    and lucky Aussie fans! Carrie's coming to town!

"I intend to spend the last couple of months of my pregnancy writing, that is something that doesn’t take a whole lot of physical energy. I can sit and write and spend some of my summer recording.”

I love this. I want to see how the joys and challenges of pregnancy influence her songwriting :-)

Concert Stars
    And she has made it clear that if she can, she will be a working mum. Looks like Tee got her wish!!!
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^^Actually sorta looks like we ALL got our wish! I know I for one am NEVER ready for her to stop writing, recording and singing! Besides, I've always believed her next album will be released next year....late summer, early fall....
    Pi314CA, bluetb4, txacar and 7 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Always Makes Me Happy And Smile Really Big I Love Her So Much!!!
    bluetb4 likes this.

“I am awkward in most situations,” she tells Insider.

“To be honest, I don’t think I’ll ever feel like one of the cool kids and that is OK. I know my insecurities and I am all right with them. I would rather be like that than think I am the most awesome person on earth.”
    Some other artists try so hard to be "cool" and "rebels" they suck the meaning out of it for me. Cool for me hasn't been "cool" for a while anyway. Carrie being herself is refreshing.

I definitely foresee new music next year,” she says.

“I intend to spend the last couple of months of my pregnancy writing, that is something that doesn’t take a whole lot of physical energy. I can sit and write and spend some of my summer recording.”
    This makes me even more excited. Curious to know how pregnancy will influence her music especially her writing.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Carrie is the most normal, down to earth person. That's why she is my role model. She isn't loud and in your face, she's okay with just being normal. It's always refreshing.

Concert Stars
    totally love this! She is still so down to earth!

•