Like Tree33Likes
  • 12 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 7 Post By Gator
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189
  • 3 Post By lizcarlo
  • 7 Post By ethelu
  • 1 Post By CUFanForever82
  • 2 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Why Carrie Underwood won’t ditch country for pop music like Taylor Swift

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Why Carrie Underwood won’t ditch country for pop music like Taylor Swift

Carrie Underwood won't ditch country music for pop like Taylor Swift | Metro News

Exclusive. It’s crazy to believe that it has been a whole decade since Carrie Underwood first made her transition from American Idol winner to Grammy Award-winning bonafide superstar.

Releasing her greatest hits album this week, the 31-year-old – currently expecting her first child with husband Mike Fisher – is adamant that she won’t be following in Taylor Swift’s footsteps and ditching country music for pop any time soon.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, she assured: ‘I am really happy with where I’m at in country music. Everybody kind of has to find their own way, that’s just their own journey and path that they’re on.

‘But this [country music] has always been my home and I definitely can’t see that changing.’

Ten years is a long time in any job, let alone in music. What is her proudest achievement?

‘I think I’m most proud that I still get to do what I love. These days in music it’s so easy to be a flash in the pan, to have a couple of big songs on radio, or a couple of popular things that you’ve done and then you kind of go away.

‘Every tour that we’ve been on has felt bigger than the last, getting to go to cool events, or be a part of award shows… I’m just so lucky and proud that we’ve kept it going for ten years. Hopefully we can get another ten!’

And good news UK fans, the Before He Cheats singer says that a return to these shores is ‘inevitable’.

Adding: ‘Everybody has always been so great to us whenever we’ve come over. I’m looking forward to coming back and doing some proper shows. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.’

Carrie Underwood’s Greatest Hits: Decade 1 is out now.

Concert Stars
    Love this article, and the accompanying pictures posted at the site. Grateful they included SITW video, too.

Love this part. Sounds promising!

And good news UK fans, the Before He Cheats singer says that a return to these shores is ‘inevitable’.

Adding: ‘Everybody has always been so great to us whenever we’ve come over. I’m looking forward to coming back and doing some proper shows. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.’
    oldyfan, Pi314CA, txacar and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    so happy about this! I love how Country out girl is!
    oldyfan likes this.

She has said over and over she wont crossover.
    pklongbeach, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    I actually hope that she'll make a full length rock record sometime in the future. I don't want her to go pop.

Insane Carrie Fan
    It is so Carrie to talk about "us" and "we", when asked what she is most proud of. Most artists would be answering with "I" and "me", but Carrie always acknowledges her success as a team effort.

Concert Stars
    some build their careers on insinuating that they are in charge of everything and they are the "reason" for all their success. They are liars.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I Love How She Always Thanks Us Because She Knows We Are Her Huge Fans Forever!!!
    carrieguy2 likes this.

It is so Carrie to talk about "us" and "we", when asked what she is most proud of. Most artists would be answering with "I" and "me", but Carrie always acknowledges her success as a team effort.
    That's something I like about her as well. She gives credit where it due, and does not make it all sound like she is doing it all. I don't want her to crossover to pop anyway. Carrie is doing very well in country. Country needs Carrie. Now the top recent females are Carrie, Kacey and Miranda. If Carrie left it would only be two women, and I would not watch the awards shows nearly as much. There isn't an endless array of females in country like pop. Not that I would want her to leave even if there was, because Carrie is great country artist. I like the country subjects she does like Blown Away, Two Black Cadallics, Thank God For Hometowns ect. ,that she would not be able to do in pop genre. Some of her music is country, but some of her music is not strictly traditional country, and she includes other genres in some of her music anyway. She isn't lacking in variety of genres. She doesn't need to go to crossover. Carrie is the one they call to represent country for venues outside of country. She is great ambassador for country genre and represent it very well.

•