• 1 Post By kewlie78189
  • 1 Post By carriefan0825
  • 2 Post By cary78663

Thread: Carrie Underwood Glows With “Positive Energy”

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Glows With “Positive Energy”

Carrie Underwood Glows with ?Positive Energy? | CMT

Who: 22-year-old Carrie Underwood. What: American Idol. When: 2005.

“I don’t know if I could pick one moment over the past 10 years that reigns supreme above others,” she recently told CMT.com during a one-on-one interview regarding her triumphant last decade. “But obviously, American Idol is what launched everything following it.”

When America first laid eyes on the country music sweetheart, the fresh-faced and charming Checotah, Oklahoma, native was nervous yet poised as she rubbed the pant legs of her faded blue jeans. She could be seen pacing the hallway outside of the audition room where she’d soon meet judges Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson. Accompanied by her supportive mother who said her daughter was “beautiful” and “had the voice,” little did they — or country music know — a superstar was soon to be born.

Nearly 10 years later, Underwood is a member of the Grand Ole Opry, has had her own exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, racked up countless country music awards while also selling out concert venues around the globe. Just recently, she announced the launch of her own workout clothing line coming in March 2015.

But she isn’t stopping there. The polished superstar is releasing her first greatest hits album, Greatest Hits: Decade #1, while also preparing to embark on perhaps the most important journey yet — motherhood.

“I think right now, you just get to look to the future and wonder,” she said, her baby bump barely visible beneath a beautifully embellished white top. “It’s just such a really magical time. I know that sounds cliché, but it’s just possibilities, and I think that’s something that’s so cool.

“I’ve had some really incredible moments. Being a member of the Grand Ole Opry is something I still can’t believe. I’m a member of the Grand Ole Opry!” she grinned. “Our travels taking us to different places — me getting to go play in London and Ireland and Australia. I mean, it’s just such a cool thought to think that I have fans in other countries. I never thought I’d go to another country, let alone people know me and my music there.”

From her debut single “Inside Your Heaven” to her most recent ballad “Something in the Water” to everything sassy, sweet and sentimental in-between, Underwood’s decade of hits are now together in her two-disc collection. But there’s even something more woven into the compilation, like a new song, a co-write (“Little Toy Guns”) and never-before-released writing session recordings of hits like “So Small,” “Last Name,” “Mama’s Song” and even her duet with Vince Gill, “How Great Thou Art,” from the ACM Presents: Girls Night Out.

“It’s been a really cool experience for me being able to reflect on the past 10 years,” she said. “When you’re kind of in the big middle of it, you kind of forget to take a look around every once in a while. It’s been cool for me to go through the pictures, go through the songs and reflect and remember the feelings and the thoughts and the craziness that was happening around each song or each video or each photo shoot.

“I love doing the fun things, of course. I love getting saaaaassy,” she giggled. “I love hearing people sing along with me. I have been lucky enough to be able to do a couple of songs that every night when I sing them, I get to get lost in the worlds and in the story. Like, ‘Jesus, Take the Wheel,’ ‘So Small,’ ‘Temporary Home,’ and now ‘Something in the Water.’ Those are the ones that you can just tell people are really connecting with on more than just a fun level. They hear the words. Music has the power to do a lot. You can feel that.”

What’s more, you can also feel the validity in Underwood’s words as she reflects and relives her last decade of memories and music.

Simply put, she just wants to make her mama proud.

“More than anything,” she smiles. “I feel like if I do that, then that will come off to the rest of the world and people can say, ‘OK, she was a positive energy onstage’ — or wherever I am, whatever I’m doing. That’s kind of how I try to think about it.

“My mom was definitely a huge, positive influence on my life. She’s just a strong woman, hardworking and beautiful.”

Underwood doesn’t set out to consciously think of this aspect with each decision she makes because, admittedly, she would drive herself crazy with questions like, “‘Should I sing that song? Should I wear that thing? Should I wear my hair that way?’”

Instead, the mom-to-be hopes to continue to make well thought-out decisions, much like that of her own parents.

“My mom is such a great leader-by-example kind of person,” she said. “Both of my parents are. They were just good, hardworking, Christian people. Great to each other. Great to us. People always ask me, ‘Is there any advice (your mother has given you)?’ And I’m like, ‘No, she didn’t have to give me advice because I saw her in action.’”

Clearly, even with her magnified fame in recent years, Underwood’s ego remains healthy. In fact, stardom doesn’t seem to have phased that same modesty and charm America fell in love with nearly ten years ago.

“I think I’m constantly surprised and amazed at the crowd,” she said. “Anytime I’m doing an album or we’re starting a tour … I mean, even every night when I walk onstage, there’s always that little bit of me that’s like, ‘Are people going to want to hear it? Are people going to buy the album? Are people going to come to the show?’ And then they do!”

“And it’s always a surprise and it’s always a wonderful surprise. It’s great to hear them singing along and enjoying what we do as much as I do.”

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Awesome Article!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    love this! can't believe its been 10 years!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    101 glorious years. and more to come!
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan0825 View Post
    101 glorious years. and more to come!
    Boy, she looks good for her age. :-)
    pgk and rainbow1 like this.

•