Like Tree15Likes
  • 11 Post By CarrieUK
  • 2 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By Claire2004

Thread: UK Greatest Hits Review

UK Greatest Hits Review

A decade after we saw her win American Idol, Carrie Underwood is taking a look back at her first 10 years as a superstar.

Carrie’s first Greatest Hits compilation (which we’re sure will be her first of many) starts with a bang with the joyous powerhouse that is Something In The Water. Carrie’s most recent single makes the perfect opener, as it shows us exactly what we’re going to get from the double disc CD: class, faith and incredible vocals.

Immediately following the new single is the album’s second never-before-released track, Little Toy Guns. Carrie’s vocals soar alongside the pounding drum beat as she tells the story of a child who wishes her parents words didn’t hold such a power to hurt. Little Toy Guns lands perfectly in the sweet spot between Carrie’s innate rock and country tones, providing a hook that’ll be stuck in your head for weeks. If the track doesn’t become Carrie’s next #1, there’s definitely something wrong.

Assembled in chronological order after the first two tracks, Decade #1 then becomes one big trip down Carrie Underwood memory lane.

We start where it all began, with 2005’s Some Hearts and Carrie’s inaugural American Idol single Inside Your Heaven. It’s easy to forget just how far she’s come, but after hearing how her vocals have matured on the compilation’s first two numbers, her growth in the industry is obvious after a re-listen to this Billboard Hot 100 #1.

The inspirational classic Jesus, Take The Wheel and the sometimes forgotten Don’t Forget To Remember Me both follow, and then comes the multi-platinum Before He Cheats (aka everyone’s go-to karaoke song since 2005), which gives us our first glimpse of the sassy Carrie we’ve come to know and love. The mid-tempo Wasted follows, and closes out the Some Hearts era on a meaningful note.

We then hear Carrie’s more mature soaring vocals onCarnival Ride‘s So Small, which precedes the more light-hearted sweetness of All-American Girl. Sassy Carrie returns to tell us the dangers of a drunken night in Vegas on Last Name, but the mood sobers again for the heartbreakingly touching military narrative of Just A Dream, and the first duet of the compilation, I Told You So with the legendary Randy Travis.

There's much more here: Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits album review
    liz278, jaks_weyn, PRGuy79 and 8 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great review. I hope Carrie returns to the UK someday. I'd love to see her in concert again.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    is there a link to LTG?
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    awesome review! So can't wait to get my copy tomorrow!!

That entire paragraph about LTG made me even more excited for it lol :-)
    ethelu likes this.

•