Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree4183Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood's Calia by Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    Brilliant thinking! I usually buy all my athletic wear at nike when the are on super discount. Lol. I love Tj Maxx though! I get my workout pants there!
    Me too! I got a great pair of Spalding pants at TJ for $15! Love them and they last a long time! I'm really hoping Calia does come to discounted stores!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    She looks GORGEOUS in the video!

I'll probably buy a couple pieces when it first comes out and then wait for some discounts

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hopefully in her upcoming interviews for the album she will be asked about CALIA too.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I will def be getting some of the cloths!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    I now how you feel but she can't get it any cheaper because she is going for quality and at same time practicality. It is actually multi purpose where you can wear them all day and anywhere casuals. Cheap clothing does not last long after a few washes. They are actually cheaper than Lulu lemon. Maybe friends, family or relatives can gift then to you and buy one at a time. I really think they are worth it.
    Probably similar to the quality of "Under Armour" products. They are pricier than other brands, but great quality.
    As someone else said, wait for a good sale. I truly hope the product line is successful. I would probably not spend that much money on that product for myself; but oddly, I spend it on my children and grandchildren.
    I can't figure myself out. Why do I do these kinds of things?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Congratulations to Carrie on this new and exciting venture. I wish her every success with it. I can't wait to hear more about this.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that Carrie has a workout clothes for women

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie_Rocks_The_House View Post
    That is so cool that Carrie has a workout clothes for women
    They look great, but if the tops ran at like $20.00, and the pants ran at $50.00 I would so go for it.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Does Carrie have a contract with DICK's about how long she needs to sell her line exclusively there? I would love to see it expanding to other stores in the future. How does it all work? And how much of a say does DICK's have in the pricing of the clothing? I would assume they are getting a cut of the profit since Calia is being sold there.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    HuiZ, pgk, bluetb4 and 1 others like this.

I want to buy some! For my twice a year workout LOL
    hjj, terilyn, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

I'm disappointed for the following reasons

#1 Price
    #2 Location

I was looking for to working out in those clothes next year, but it costs too much in addition to the fact that there isn't a Dicks close to where I live, i might be able to buy it online but idk how this brand will fit me. For example in one store I'm a size 0 and in another store I'm a size 4.

Is Dick's Sporting Goods a popular sports retail store in the US?

Does it usually have its own line of fitness attire like this?

Concert Stars
    No one looks that good while working out - not even Carrie haha.

So in this case Calia is a new brand created by Carrie and co. (unlike her nail polish line where she partners with the existing Nicole by OPI)? In that case since Calia doesn't have an established brand reputation, I wonder how much of a draw Carrie's name will be for these products. Or even a deterrent. As a guy, if I were looking to invest in a nice, outdoorsy jacket to last me a while, I would probably look to North Face, Columbia, or Helly Hansen or something rather than a celebrity's line that I don't know anything about. Too much celebrity branding is also why I tend to stick to program books at the merch table at Carrie's concerts rather than t-shirts with daisies or a giant image of Carrie.

If they have any logo/names visible at all on the outside of these clothes items, I think it would be best if it was just that infinity or two "C's" or whatever symbol. That way it can kind of blend in with other athletic brands and will attract those looking for a good blend of quality and style, which this line is going for. So I hope this does well. When I first saw the cost for pants I was a bit worried, but at least they're still cheaper than Lulu Lemons and may attract the demographic who can't afford those. Her line better look amazing so it can get a Beats by Dre level popularity for athletic wear among females haha.

I don't know how well celebrity products like these tend to do, so I have no idea what to expect for Calia. Have there been reports about Carrie's nail polish line being particularly successful or not?

Concert Stars
    I'm sure if women think that if they exercise with Carrie's clothing line, do their nails with Carrie's line, and use Almay on their face, they'll look like Carrie, they'll spend like there's no tomorrow.
    bluetb4 and Kizmet311 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That's Awesome!!!

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood's Calia by Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Is Dick's Sporting Goods a popular sports retail store in the US?

Does it usually have its own line of fitness attire like this?
    We have a Dicks in the big town over from me- it's new within the last 5-10 years. I personally don't like this store. And don't know anyone who shops there. I prefer REI or Sports Authority much more. But I'm really hoping this is super successful for Carrie. I cannot wait to see all the clothes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I tend to believe that people will spend their money on what they want. Sometimes it takes a few months to buy that jacket you may want, or that iPhone that you proudly use.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I have two Dick's Sporting Goods stores within 20 miles of where I live, so I will certainly have access to the clothing line if I want it. I will most certainly go browse and look at it when it comes out, but I doubt I will buy any. First, spending money on workout clothes is usually a waste for me. They end up being pajamas or lounge around the house clothes, lol. Second, I don't think I can handle the price. I will spend $50-65 on a nice pair of slacks for work from places like Limited and Express, because I know they will last me several years, but I just don't think I could justify spending that kind of money (or more, even) on workout/casual clothes except for a pair of blue jeans. If I ever do decide to buy myself some workout gear and I want quality/name brand, I will probably just go to the Nike or Under Armour outlet stores that are 45 minutes from my house. I guess that's because I'm not concerned with looking cute while I work out and also not concerned about my workout clothes converting to errands/other outings. I'm not the type that is going to work out and then go shopping or something, though. In short, I am probably not Carrie's target shopper, lol.
    JB172, bluejeanbaby and HuiZ like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    Does Carrie have a contract with DICK's about how long she needs to sell her line exclusively there? I would love to see it expanding to other stores in the future. How does it all work? And how much of a say does DICK's have in the pricing of the clothing? I would assume they are getting a cut of the profit since Calia is being sold there.
    Everybody gets their cut and everyone involved is going to want that cut to be as big as it can which is what a business venture is suppose to be about.

•  
    Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast