Like Tree29Likes
  • 13 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 8 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 3 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 3 Post By jaks_weyn

Thread: Carrie Underwood Never Leaves The House Barefaced (New Interview)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Never Leaves The House Barefaced (New Interview)

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/carrie-...516935768.html

Photo: Getty Images Christopher Polk

When Carrie Underwood appeared on the 4th season of American Idol nine years ago, she was a pretty but wide-eyed small town girl from Oklahoma who had never stepped foot on an airplane. What a difference a decade makes. Since winning Idol, the singer and now Brand Ambassador for Almay has been on a meteoric rise. Carrie has had 18 number one singles, sold 15 million albums, won six Grammys, and just this week she won Favorite Country Female Artist at the American Music Awards. It never stops. Although she will have to take a moment to celebrate the spring arrival of her baby boy with hockey player Mike Fisher of the Nashville Predators. I loved talking to Carrie about her serious makeup skills (she does it herself) and why she never leaves the house barefaced.

BB: Hey, Carrie. Nice to meet you on the phone.

CU: You too! Can I just say I am nervous to talk to you about makeup! [Laughs].

BB: But I hear you are amazing with makeup!

CU: I have always loved it. I had teenage sisters when I was very little, so I have great memories of watching them and my mom put on a ton of makeup in the morning. Occasionally I got into theirs without them knowing. (laughs)

BB: Were you allowed to wear makeup?

CU: I was probably actually one of the kids that actually started wearing makeup a little bit younger. If I had a daughter I might have her hold off for a little while longer, but it gave me more time to learn.

BB: Was your makeup subtle and nice or were you wearing blue eyeshadow and sparkly everything?

CU: (Laughs)I do remember having blue mascara and green mascara. And blue eye shadow of course. Things that didnít exactly look too good!

BB: Is it true you do your own makeup before your performances?

CU: When I am on tour I enjoy doing my own hair and makeup. There are just so many people on the road, and itís kind of therapeutic for me to be able to sit on my butt, and have all my things, and itís quiet. Itís my time to play.

Carrie getting ready for the CMAA awards. Instagram @Carrieunderwood

BB: What are some of your favorite products that really work?

CU: Almayís Butter Kiss Lipstick ($6) is like a lip treatment. The color really wears throughout the day, so that is my new favorite. Something that I need after a show or the red carpet is to take my eye makeup off, and Almayís Eye Makeup Remover Pads ($6) really do the trick.

BB: I know those pads well. They are great. Especially after a photo shoot they really do take everything off.

CU: The remover sticks are also absolutely incredible. I feel like everybody should have those. I am sure you donít, because you are a professional, but I am an offender of getting mascara in places where it shouldnít be, like the bridge of my nose and around my eyes. So those are lifesavers.

BB: Do you wear makeup when you are not on stage?

CU: I donít think I ever have makeup-free days, to be honest. I wear makeup for me. I donít want to walk by a mirror and feel like I havenít given some sort of effort. I just feel better when I have a little on.

BB: I know you live in Nashville. Whatís it like being a high profile person there? Are there paparazzi following you or can you go about your day?

CU: Nashville is really not bad at all for photographers or things like that. But I will say, if I have to make a late night run to the grocery store or pharmacy, the one time I actually donít have makeup on is the one time everybody will notice me and want to take pictures, so thatís also why I do try to wear makeup. I am a shy person, naturally, so sometimes I forget what I do for my job and I will be at the grocery store and I will be like, ďWhy is that person trying to take a picture of me? Oh yeah, now I remember.Ē [Laughs]

BB: What was it like being an overnight star with American Idol? How did you stay grounded?

CU: I grew up in a really small town and I have really hard working, amazing parents. I feel really fortunate that I got to finish high school and go to college and have that foundation under me before everything happened for me. I got to grow up and thatís really important. And I have the most amazing friends.

BB: And are your friends in or out of the business?

CU: Mostly out. There are some people that I definitely consider closest and might work around music but they are not other celebrities. I mean, I do have other celebrity friends, but everybody is so busy. Itís hard to get to hang out with a lot of other people who do what you do.

BB: Do you travel a lot with your husband? Do you get to go with him to his games, or does he get to travel when you are on tour?

CU: Not too much. We both travel so much separately just for work, but he will come with me a little bit when I am on tour and I have summer dates. But that is really hard for him too because he is like, ďI donít know what I am doing out here, I donít have a purpose out here!Ē (laughs) And living on a bus isnít the easiest thing in the world!

BB: Is it nerve-wracking watching him play hockey? Those pucks, man, those are pretty quick.

CU: I think it is pretty hot watching him out on the ice actually! I am pretty confident in my husbandís ability to take care of himself.

BB: I know that you are expecting a baby boy, and I am the mother of three boys. I just want to wish you good luck with all that, because there is nothing better than being a mom.

CU: Thank you! Weíre excited.

BB: You are a vegan. Have you had any cravings for other things now? Because I remember what I craved when I was pregnant and it wasnít always healthy.

CU: I have been vegetarian for about ten years now. With pregnancy, I am definitely going more on the vegetarian side, but as soon as I am not pregnant anymore I will go back to being vegan. I donít think I am craving anything too crazy. I try to keep it as healthy as possible and try to take care of myself. And, you know, putting good things in!

BB: I know you are a big supporter of the troops, so I just wanted to congratulate you on that. Any other philanthropic causes that mean a lot to you?

CU: I am definitely all about helping out my hometown. I really do come from a small place, 4,500 people in my entire town, so thatís where a lot of my time and energy goesóto just making things better. Musical equipment for the schools, computer labs, and getting things for the fire department. I also started an animal shelter.

BB: Anything else that you havenít done that you would like to do besides raising a family?

CU: I just love to sing and I like the things that come along with that. I like to travel and I like to be on stage. I like to meet people. I am really happy with the life that I am living, so as long as I can keep that going Iíll be a happy girl.

BB: When are you going on tour again? Like two years from now?

CU: Oh golly! Hopefully not that long, but Iíll be able to keep playing.

BB: Well you are definitely one lucky, confident girl and it was a pleasure talking to. I wish you a lot of luck with the baby.

Thanks for posting. I always like Carrie interviews. Its good she helps in her small hometown.

BB: When are you going on tour again? Like two years from now?

CU: Oh golly! Hopefully not that long, but I’ll be able to keep playing.
    This makes me fell hopeful
    rainbow1, ethelu, Gator and 5 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great interview- t4p

Concert Stars
    I enjoyed that! Who wouldn't be afraid to talk to Bobby Brown about makeup!!!! :-)
    ethelu likes this.

Concert Stars
    Love that interview! Yes that's our Carrie! I honestly believe that she will be touring after the release of her new album next fall. Early fall......my guess

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good interview

Concert Stars
    Watch sites twist this to say carrie is fake for never taking off her makeup. Ugh

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Product placement in an interview is exactly what a spokesperson should do.
    teesharky likes this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    "I am a shy person, naturally, so sometimes I forget what I do for my job and I will be at the grocery store and I will be like, 'Why is that person trying to take a picture of me? Oh yeah, now I remember.'"

How can you not love this woman!? LOL

"And blue eye shadow of course. Things that didnít exactly look too good!"

This is blue eye shadow right? If yes, then she looks perfect in it <3

7795876.jpg

Concert Stars
    awesome interview!!!

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    aww!!!! thanks for this. love her!

•