Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: The Biggest Next 365 In History (Interesting Carrie/Brad comment)

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

The Biggest Next 365 In History (Interesting Carrie/Brad comment)

Interesting suggestion in Jimmy Carter's column this week.

Farmborough co-headliner Brad Paisley is an unpredictable artist. Showing up on Jon Stewart's daily show this week with a video you must see. The State of Texas, on Comedy Central's YouTube channel, on ESPN Gameday picking football in his home state, no way he will miss a chance to be on Jimmy Kimmel's post-CMA show, on with Carrie at Late Night with Seth Meyer, he just seems natural wherever he's booked. Would love to see him tour with Carrie someday ... such a natural combination. Co-headliner ,would be huge. Fun for the fans, too...
    The Biggest Next 365 In History by Jimmy Carter | Rumbles From The Row by Jimmy ?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    fans talk about that on twitter every single day.I think Jimmy's just bandwagon jumping

I wouldn't mind the tour if it was a true co headlining tour and
    not like the tour w/Keith where Carrie was just the opener.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Interesting suggestion in Jimmy Carter's column this week.

The Biggest Next 365 In History by Jimmy Carter | Rumbles From The Row by Jimmy ?
    I saw Brad on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart last week, it was really funny, and a nice surprise. Brad is just naturally funnny. It would be cool to see Brad and Carrie tour together.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    About the only true co headliner tour would be if they had a round or oval stage of sorts where they could go from one person to the other seemlessly and of course to get benefit for them to be together in concert a few songs together. Oh it would not take long for the gossip people to start the gossip about them probably. Carrie would never get EOTY nom for sure which she likely will not anyway since she has not so far. It would be fun. I would not mine an abbreviated co headline tour either.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Anyone have the video of Brad on the Steward show?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That would be great. A modern day Donnie and Marie.
    DizzyDollyDee and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    A tour might be nice but what I think would be GREAT is a weekly variety show starring Carrie and Brad. I certainly wouldn't get tired of seeing them weekly!!!!
    DizzyDollyDee and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    fans talk about that on twitter every single day.I think Jimmy's just bandwagon jumping

I wouldn't mind the tour if it was a true co headlining tour and
    not like the tour w/Keith where Carrie was just the opener.
    How does a true co headlining tour works? She plays some songs, then he, then she again, the he...and they end the show singing togeteher?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    How does a true co headlining tour works? She plays some songs, then he, then she again, the he...and they end the show singing togeteher?
    for me just equal time on stage - they each do something like an 1 1/2 set and then maybe a small set together to end the show.Just not like that Keith tour where Carrie got about 1hr 15 min and Keith got 2 1/2 hours.

Concert Stars
    I always thought the time Carrie puts out a Greatest Hits would be a great time for her and Brad to co-headline a dozen or so stadium shows. I think it'll happen eventually though. I would love to see Carrie in an in-the-round set up.
    DizzyDollyDee and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    To me, Carrie Underwood is the bigger star than Brad and Carrie is a better Entertainer than Brad, so there will be NO Co-headliner !!

Note: To me, Brad Paisley without his guitar is not a good entertainer.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    If they were to ever do a co-headlining tour, I would expect more of a intermix of the sets. There are so many songs they could do together (Remind Me, High Life, Whiskey Lullaby, When I Get Where I'm Going, Cupid's Got A Shogun, maybe What Can I Say, and maybe one or two cover duets.
    jaylee50, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    If they were to ever do a co-headlining tour, I would expect more of a intermix of the sets. There are so many songs they could do together (Remind Me, High Life, Whiskey Lullaby, When I Get Where I'm Going, Cupid's Got A Shogun, maybe What Can I Say, and maybe one or two cover duets.
    And reintroduce the audience to their Grammy nominated Oh Love!! Would love to hear them do that live.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wouldn't like a full intermixed concert at all.Ew
    I want a Carrie and Carrie alone set.

a small set together would be good though, especially if they sang Oh Love.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Concert Stars

Oh, I agree. I would have to have a Carrie (alone) set.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    for me just equal time on stage - they each do something like an 1 1/2 set and then maybe a small set together to end the show.Just not like that Keith tour where Carrie got about 1hr 15 min and Keith got 2 1/2 hours.
    Thanks. I guess thats true, but even if the stage time is the same, probably the one that comes first will be always considered the opener.

Yeah that's true. I didnt know what maddkat wanted to say with a "true coheadlining tour" so I asked. I didnt know (or didnt remember) about that difference in time stage in the KU tour.

Carrie Guru

I agree with you. As I said, now Carrie is BIGGER than Brad. Carrie has a Mesmerizing persona !

Remember this ?

GumbyJRH and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    It would be nice for them to do a small show but I really just enjoy Carrie!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I agree with you. As I said, now Carrie is BIGGER than Brad. Carrie has a Mesmerizing persona !

Remember this ?
    For me, that's unquestionably one of the best Country songs of the past decade. Singing it requires great sensitivity, and the singer has to lose themselves in the song, and give way to the haunting, "heartworn highway" mood of the lyric and music. I think Carrie does a remarkably good job in that video - if she sang more often like that, I think it would lead more people to see her in a different light. Though, so far, she rarely seems to explore opportunities for solo singing of this type on her own albums, I hope she will as time goes on.

This is what I would regard as the definitive "mood" version of that song - though I think it does indeed benefit from having a full female narration in the second half. (Jessi only sings harmony here, and doesn't intrude on her husband's interpretation of his song, as he's primarily honouring his co-writer, Bill Anderson, in this version. As many will know, the same pair co-wrote "Oklahoma Wind" with Carrie - but we never heard a finished version of that)

rainbow1, Mirasa45A and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I actually like the idea of mixing up the show into more of a variety act type thing. I think it would eliviate the whole "who goes first" thing and just creates a night of great entertainment by both stars. Each could certainly have a 15 or 20min set of songs, but generally the whole night would be both. I like that a lot.
    And as far as a co-headlining tour, the two of them are probably be about the only pairing I would enjoy. A pairing of women (Miranda) would only allow reviewers and critics to pick at Carrie and praise Miranda more, regardless of how "inclusive" the ladies would like to make it. I would only end up a comparison event, and we already know lopsided that would end up.
    Nope!
    Carrie & Brad would actually be a really fun night. Carrie and Miranda would be a night of waiting for Carrie to come on......
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast